• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No exploration, no treasure hunting, no trade, just pure action. Will get stale pretty soon because there's not much variety in ship battles.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
My E3-Ubisoft-Highlight. Pretty sure I will pick this up Day 1 together with my brother. Loved the sea battles in Black Flag.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
No exploration, no treasure hunting, no trade, just pure action. Will get stale pretty soon because there's not much variety in ship battles.

Even if I'm getting the game because I love that setting, yeah, just ship battles remains a disappointment. No sword fights in a pirate game...

Was it that hard to make Black Flag 2 without the Assassin stuff?

Anyway, the game looks really good and still seems fun.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still unsure if this is actually fleshed out enough to put a 60$ price tag on it.

It basically looks like AC4 without all the AC stuff.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Enjoyed a lot the battleships in AC4, might give this a try. Is the game f2p ?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Still unsure if this is actually fleshed out enough to put a 60$ price tag on it.

It basically looks like AC4 without all the AC stuff.
The ships look already way more varied than the stuff we got in Black Flag. Also Ubisoft is pretty good in sustaining multiplayer-games with new content and updates.

I am glad they concentrate on the ship-battles and don't make this into another AssCreed with millions of useless shit to collect and "exploring" empty islands. Melee-combat in AssCreed is shit anyways - this wouldn't translate well into multiplayer. And for sword-fighting they already have the fantastic For Honor. Better conentrate on one thing and really nail it.
Enjoyed a lot the battleships in AC4, might give this a try. Is the game f2p ?
No it's a full-price game. At least it's up for pre-order for the usual 69.99€ german price tag. Will most likely drop to 59.99€ at release.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for this. Just hope there is enough depth to the systems.

Don't mind that it's ship only. Definitely a niche game.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ships look already way more varied than the stuff we got in Black Flag. Also Ubisoft is pretty good in sustaining multiplayer-games with new content and updates.

I am glad they concentrate on the ship-battles and don't make this into another AssCreed with millions of useless shit to collect and "exploring" empty islands. Melee-combat in AssCreed is shit anyways - this wouldn't translate well into multiplayer. And for sword-fighting they already have the fantastic For Honor. Better conentrate on one thing and really nail it.
No it's a full-price game. At least it's up for pre-order for the usual 69.99€ german price tag. Will most likely drop to 59.99€ at release.

So your going the "talking shit about AC" route on this one?

Cool.

Yeah, my point stands.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where was I talking shit?

Here:
I am glad they concentrate on the ship-battles and don't make this into another AssCreed with millions of useless shit to collect and "exploring" empty islands. Melee-combat in AssCreed is shit anyways

Skull & Bones is about epic shipbattles. Period.

Yeah, directly lifted from AC4 - a game that has naval battles and a fucking ton of other things to offer.

Anyway, all I´m saying is that I´m not seeing enough to warrant the price tag given that this is basically one mechanic lifted from another game.

And I´m not sure it is fleshed out enough.

Last edited:

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Even if I'm getting the game because I love that setting, yeah, just ship battles remains a disappointment. No sword fights in a pirate game...

Was it that hard to make Black Flag 2 without the Assassin stuff?

Anyway, the game looks really good and still seems fun.

Exactly. It's missing a lot of the fun of the pirate fantasy.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
I am excited for the game, but it does seem to be lacking in all the other elements that made AC4 so enjoyable. Will it even have the hunting sections?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft had a gem on their hands and they threw it away by making it Multiplayer and Action Only.

What a damn shame.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
After Sea Of Thieves, yeah I'm just not seeing the same magic here. Sea Of Thieves will propably end up being my GOTG

Very very boring looking.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Should have put in modified ac origins combat and a nice single player campaign with exploration, melee combat, etc. I would have been all over that day one. This looks to get really boring really fast if its only ship combat.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
"I am glad they concentrate on the ship-battles and don't make this into another AssCreed with millions of useless shit to collect and "exploring" empty islands. Melee-combat in AssCreed is shit anyways"
So you think melee combat is good in Asscreed and the collectibles are meaningful and there is a sense of exploration? Fine. I disagree.

I don't even hate AssCreed. I actually really enjoyed it from Ezio-Trilogy until Black Flag. But the fighting, abundance of collectibles and icon-cluttered automap have always been a weak-point and are certainly things I don't want to see in Skulls & Bones.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
They should really look at the old MMO Pirates of the Burning Sea which had some cool ideas. There should at least be boarding action that isn't a cutscene auto-win.

Why is this multiplayer only? That makes no sense.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
When did I say that?
Here:

Yeah, directly lifted from AC4 - a game that has naval battles and a fucking ton of other things to offer.

Anyway, all I´m saying is that I´m not seeing enough to warrant the price tag given that this is basically one mechanic lifted from another game.

And I´m not sure it is fleshed out enough.
You edited your post. Sorry I saw that too late.
For the content and price tag we have to wait for the release. I can see why you are worried about that. But like I said in a post before, Ubisoft is normally pretty good in keeping multiplayer-games alive with new content and major fixes. They showed some real dedication with Rainbow Six and For Honor even after their rough starts. So in that regard I more or less trust them.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah if this is ship combat only that's a huge let down. Need on foot island exploration and quests. WIll pick up on sale in 2021 or whenever it's out for a year.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this looks absolutely gorgeous. Dat water. But with just navel combat it loses my interest.

If this was a 3rp person pirate RPG or something with land exploration, treasure hunting, etc. I'd be there day one. Oh well, Maybe Ubi will expand on this property in next gen sequels.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
This looks gorgeous, but there doesn't seem to be enough gameplay mechanics for a $59.99 price tag.

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
is there actual ship destruction and the need to manually fix ship?
like the water go in and you need to run down the dock and fix with wood and hammer?
(cuz I did not see such thing in the video)

or it is like a ship ARPG where only number shows back and forth?

if it is the later than.... I am not too excited.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft's second bomb this year. Just so, so barebones.
what was their first bomb this year?
I guess I'm gonna be the different one and say this actually looks like a lot of fun
Probably needs some treasure hunting for a change of pace though
Still this looks like a lot of fun especially to play with friends
Also needs more variety of animations for boarding/repairing etc imo