• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Disclaimer: this is a thread by HypedBeast backed by the Adopt-a-user program.

I have been taking an marketing class, and lately I have been thinking about how video games market themselves and how that can dictate the success of a new IP. Some can pull it off with flying colors (see Cuphead) and others fail get their names out there and are forgotten. Today I would like to talk about Skullgirls and how this is the perfect example of focus testing and market research are very important to a new IP.
skullgirls_gamefan_magazine_cover_by_oh8-d5oelyg.jpg

Now to clarify I love Skullgirls before anyone gets the wrong idea. I wouldn't bother typing up this long essay on it if I didn't care. I have been following Skullgirls since about 2006 when I first saw the character designs on DeviantArt, so I have quite a bit of investment in this game. However I also feel this game could have been much bigger if some choices had been done pre-development.

Despite being on five different consoles and having multiple Steam sales, Skullgirls had only crossed 1 million about a month ago. And I was just thinking that with the recent success of Cuphead, a game that like Skullgirls is hand animated frame by frame, Skullgirls could have capitalized on the 2D animated video game market nearly six whole years before Cuphead.

Hopefully I can explain where I though Skullgirls mistepped and how they are rectifying that with LabZeros new game Indivisible.

The Pitch
According to Ravidarth, a Lab Zero Games employee, in response to a poster named Crossing Eden that claimed that Skullgirls appeals to the lowest common denominator, he responded

http://www./forum/showthread.php?s=e8e22ca44caf2d6c5b64e8a0d31fa138&t=1243336&page=2

Mike felt pretty strongly about this, and wanted me pass along his reply.

"I would like to respond to this, because I worked at companies that DID have target audiences before / did focus tests / designed characters around "X age group and gender would like this design."

We pitched Skullgirls to a -bunch- of different possible publishers, and at Ubisoft (who declined) they actually asked Alex and I, "What is your target demographic?" We kinda stared at each other for a few seconds until I hesitantly said, "Um, people who play fighting games?"

So, to insist that our design process is that cynical is COMPLETELY incorrect. Our target audience was us, what we'd like, and how we'd like it to play."

I was in that meeting, too - they were very much about designing the game around marketing.

I even got a French person to say "Skullfolk," to hilarious effect.

While this is a very genuine way of creating a game, it is very important to know who will be buying your game, AKA the FGC (Fighting Game Community). In the FGC, players generally look down on all girl fighting games like Arcana Heart or Vanguard Princess due to their gratuitous fanservice and moe character designs. This can be a very challenging hurdle to overcome.
However what makes this even more difficult for Skullgirls in particualr is the character design.

Art Design/Character Design Issues

Skullgirls has a 1940s Art Deco style theme that can be seen in the menu, backgrounds, and some of the character designs (Big Band) but for the vast majority of the cast it would be damn near nearly impossible to tell.

INITIAL CAST
Skullgirls-skullgirls-32908560-1872-1152.jpg

DLC
eliza.png
beowulf.png
15a94a39a07018e3ac20c72847806570.png
big-band.png
robo-fortune.png

Skullgirls has a big problem with inconsistent art direction. Most of the characters dont seem to really fit together cohesively and there really doesn't seem to be a running theme with characters besides the vague concept of "monsters". If you look at any succesful fighting game there is always an connected aesthetic among the cast. Street Fighter and KOF has a wide array of martial artist, Darkstalkers and Killer Instinct has classic monster tropes, Guilty Gear is anime meet Heavy Metal, Blazblue is a collection of anime tropes, and Mortal Kombat has it cheesy 80s Kung Fu Movie tropes.

Skullgirls seems to be a western take on generic anime tropes such as the Schoolgirl
5abbcc09fcaf337bb9c795839fe17692--skullgirls-fighting-games.jpg

The Sexy Nurse
149492_1_fhd.jpg

And the Catgirl to name a few
tumblr_n9ue47Pxy51r9nlglo6_500.jpg

But then again this isn't reflected in any other aspect of the game.
Skullgirls kind of seems like Darkstalkers but it dosent really have the diversity of a bestiary like the former, as most of the cast are either normal humans that utilize parasites, zombies, or robots. Diversity is a neccesity to get a huge net of people, as it gives you more of a chance to find a character you connect with, but with Skullgirls thats a bit of a problem cause the cast is somewhat homogenous (the DLC characters add much more variety).

Undermining its own Sexiness

In an article on Skullgirls website, Alex Ahad mentions some of the inspirations for Skullgirls distinct look, citing Bruce Timm, Shane Glines, and anime studios like Gainax to name a few.
http://skullgirls.com/2011/04/skullgirls-artistic-origins/
5590979149_c0b11e6f11.jpg
5590979461_65da9a0474.jpg
5591569912_bb327b7eaf.jpg

However while Skullgirls definitely has a very cheesecake/good girl art vibe to some of the characters
latest

A large majority of the cast is downright freakish, with gory limbs, attacks that utilize blood, pus, and other substances, and overall unpleasant imagery.
05c.gif
latest
8e24893147ca90796cb2c6cd9bc93525.png
latest
2178951-painwheel11.png

And considering how many pinups and fanservicey images are in the game, this is real weird angle to take. You end up repulsing people who like the sexy stuff, and the sexy stuff turns off people who don't like over sexualization. In my opinion it makes a lot of the designs unlikable in just how edgy and gross they are in comparison to the more cute designs (Cerebella, Eliza, and Squiggly are the only great female designs IMO).
latest

Not Anime Enough

This is something I see repeated time and time again, and while I think it is somewhat harsh, I do somewhat agree. Skullgirls artstyle puts off a lot of folks. Its too anime for people who generally don't like anime, but it is not anime enough for people who like games such as Blazblue. This can be seen in the first reveal thread on Neogaf that was just pages upon pages of people shtting on the games art direction.
http://www./forum/showthread.php?t=423175

This kind of backlash can be seen throughout many discussions online.

How would you fix it?/Closing thoughts

In my opinion, Skullgirls should have been a game full of Peacocks
giphy.gif
latest
latest

A violent Cuphead style brawler, with Max Fleischer characters and if maybe Tex Avery Red Ridding Hood dames
red-hot-1.jpg

Or they could have gone the route of Shantae/Way Foward and made the game a Western cartoon style all girl fighting game with cute well designed female characters
wf_thumbnail_22.jpg

Both fill a niche that can be filled, but Skullgirls is a game made specifically to appeal to the ones who made it. And while you cannot argue that the game was made cynically to target teenage boys. The game limited it appeal by being so scatter brain in its approach to an all girl fighting game.

I would love to hear your thoughts, and I wish Lab Zero luck in its newest game Indivisible which seems to be answering many of the issues Skullgirls had.

Last edited:

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I guess to add to this a little bit,the 3v3 fast pace action of it makes it difficult to appreciate to very detailed animation,I'll elaborate on this point later.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
"I would like to respond to this, because I worked at companies that DID have target audiences before / did focus tests / designed characters around "X age group and gender would like this design."

We pitched Skullgirls to a -bunch- of different possible publishers, and at Ubisoft (who declined) they actually asked Alex and I, "What is your target demographic?" We kinda stared at each other for a few seconds until I hesitantly said, "Um, people who play fighting games?"

Oh my gosh I love this. Hate when people ask me who my demographic is and I tell them this and they tell me I can't, but look at them.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Oh my gosh I love this. Hate when people ask me who my demographic is and I tell them this and they tell me I can't, but look at them.
Like I said in the OP,while I appreciate the lack of exec influence,it is important to know who you're trying to sell your product to.A successful artist has to be market savvy and artistically gifted.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I disagree with is the sexualization vs the body horror. Sure, there was sexualization for sex sake, but it also helps deceive people into being caught off gaurd by the visceral body horror like Double. Homestly, ive never even played Skullgirls, but seeing the body horror instantly made me interested.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Obligatory

2658603-0524771686-Sg.gi.gif

But yeah while I do love the art and game in general, the art style could have been far more concentrated. Indivisible seems to be taking the studio a step forward in art direction and design, though. Can't wait for the backer preview on that one.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing I disagree with is the sexualization vs the body horror. Sure, there was sexualization for sex sake, but it also helps deceive people into being caught off gaurd by the visceral body horror like Double. Homestly, ive never even played Skullgirls, but seeing the body horror instantly made me interested.
Funnily enough Alex actually mentions this in an interview with Destructoid.
https://www.destructoid.com/interview-alex-ahad-s-inspirations-behind-skullgirls-205362.phtml
"These are characters that I had designed over time. I always enjoyed designing dark, cute, kind of morbid monster-girl type designs. It's something that I've been doing for fun ever since [my] high school and college days. I ended up piling up a few of them [characters] and thinking of a hypothetical, "oh this would be cool!" fighting game, but I didn't have an engine at that time. It was just art."

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you say there's no consistent theme to the characters, but the horror theme is pretty consistent.

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
imo the art style itself is pretty interesting, and it's always intrigued me too the point that it has always been on my list of "to buy soon." recently though i actually tried it, and its gameplay is so focused on people who already like the mvc series that it feels like there's nothing there for the interested noob. it's so freaking fast that it's not something I can ever see myself playing even if I do spend months learning it.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, you say there's no consistent theme to the characters, but the horror theme is pretty consistent.
I feel for some of the chracters it is,but characters like Cerebella,Peacock,Big Band,Parasoul arent really horror themed.I feel they should have had multiple monster types like werewolves and sea creatures rather than just zombies and body horror abominations.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
imo the art style itself is pretty interesting, and it's always intrigued me too the point that it has always been on my list of "to buy soon." recently though i actually tried it, and its gameplay is so focused on people who already like the mvc series that it feels like there's nothing there for the interested noob. it's so freaking fast that it's not something I can ever see myself playing even if I do spend months learning it.
Yeah its not very newbie friendly,even with the in depth tutorial.One hit and your just watching a movie of you getting your ass beat.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You end up repulsing people who like the sexy stuff,and the sexy stuff turns off people who dont like over sexualization.

You have a very strong point there. I would have been more interested in the game if they pushed the cartoony / horror vibe further and toned down the cheesecake. It's not even that I mind a sexy character or two (Darkstalkers wouldn't be the same without Felicia and Morrigan), but when the ratio is so high it just makes the cast blend together (interestingly, this is the second time I make this argument today: the first one was on Xenoblade 2's Blades designs thread).

Frankly making a women-only fighting game seems as big of a questionable design choice as making a men only one. Variety is hard enough to come up with without imposing additional restrictions on oneself for no particular benefit (and indeed, they ended up having to break the rule for the DLC, and as a result it has more unique and interesting characters).

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
But couldn't it be argued that "macabre monster girls with an Art Deco coat of paint" were the common theme here? Granted, monster girl trend wasn't as much of a thing back when Skullgirls came out.

A very well-argued premise though. Great analysis.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
You have a very strong point there. I would have been more interested in the game if they pushed the cartoony / horror vibe further and toned down the cheesecake. It's not even that I mind a sexy character or two (Darkstalkers wouldn't be the same without Felicia and Morrigan), but when the ratio is so high it just makes the cast blend together (interestingly, this is the second time I make this argument today: the first one was on Xenoblade 2's Blades designs thread).

Frankly making a women-only fighting game seems as big of a questionable design choice as making a men only one. Variety is hard enough to come up with without imposing additional restrictions on oneself for no particular benefit (and indeed, they ended up having to break the rule for the DLC, and as a result it has more unique and interesting characters).
I wouldnt say the cast blends together per say since there actually is quite a bit of body diversity
Skullgirls-skullgirls-32908560-1872-1152.jpg

With Fillia being somewhat chubby,Ms Fortune being toned,Squiggly has pear shaped body,Painwheel being gangly, Cerebella being Thicc,Peacock being malformed,and Double being a blob.
Parasoul,Valentine,and Eliza have very similar body types though.

Oct 26, 2017
The art style and sexiness may have been a contributing factor to the game's poor sales, but in my opinion, Skullgirls also "failed" because it's a hardcore fighting game for the hardcore fighting game audience. Early on, it had a combo system that was more complicated than most other fighting games, and it was a team based fighter with the depth of something like Marvel vs Capcom 2 crossed with Guilty Gear.

It's since gotten much better over many patches and the addition of DLC characters, but as Capcom has demonstrated over the past couple years--you can't sell a fighting game to the hardcores alone if you want it to make great sales. The art style of Skullgirls alone couldn't carry it.

EDIT: That said, the game did birth a rabid fanbase that helped to crowdfund Indivisible, Lab Zero's next gaming endeavor--something which seemed very unlikely at the time.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Good write-up. As much as I enjoy Skullgirls, I agree with this assessment.

Skullgirls reminds me of those hexafusions you would see on DeviantArt and the like. The one where they take three designs and fuse them in different combinations. Typically you could get a good look or two by fusing two of the given designs together, but the fusion of all three almost inevitably turns into a convoluted mess.
253.jpg

Skullgirls is that. It's basically a fusion of:

- 1930's aesthetics
- Sexy pin-up girls
- Macabre horror

You can easily combine any two of those, but combining all three gets you Skullgirls, for better or worse.

Last edited:

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
The art style and sexiness may have been a contributing factor to the game's poor sales, but in my opinion, Skullgirls also failed because it's a hardcore fighting game for the hardcore fighting game audience. Early on, it had a combo system that was more complicated than most other fighting games, and it was a team based fighter with the depth of something like Marvel vs Capcom 2 crossed with Guilty Gear.

It's since gotten much better over many patches and the addition of DLC characters, but as Capcom has demonstrated over the past couple years--you can't sell a fighting game to the hardcores alone if you want it to make great sales. The art style of Skullgirls alone couldn't carry it.
True,I feel the game could have gotten some the Tumblr/DeviantArt teen audience if it were more a party game like Smash Bros. Im not saying that to be facetious,while I was in highschool a lot of my friends who didn't like fighting games,dug Skullgirls artstyle,but they were bored out of their skulls by the gameplay.
Like I said its very important to know who is interested in your product.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Actually, the more I think about your point about contradictory design elements, the more I believe that it could've benefitted from the monster girl thing, but came too early.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017

Skullgirls reminds me of those hexafusions you would see on DeviantArt and the like. The one where they take three designs and fuse them in different combinations. Typically you could get a good look or two by fusing two of the given designs together, but the fusion of all three almost inevitably turns into a convoluted mess.
253.jpg

- 1930's aesthetics
- Sexy pin-up girls
- Macabre horror

You can easily combine any two of those, but combining all three gets you Skullgirls
Damn...your right on the money with that point,I would add that to my OP if I could.

Deleted member 10293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I personally don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with Skullgirls gameplay but I do think it's pretty hard for a new fighting game to break into the market

The aesthetics including the music and artstyle is just bananas though

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Prior to Cuphead there was Toonstruck, featuring Christopher Lloyd aka Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the voices of famous American cartoon voice actors. It even had a cartoon parody arcade game called Mortal Wombat.

That game had good marketing but it was limited to MS-DOS computers and catered to point and click adventure players. It wasnt easy either.
It also went overbudget and 1/3 of the content was left unreleased.

There was a target audience judging from the game mechanics: Marvel vs Capcom 2 players, after the dissapointing UMVC3 gameplay. Developers polished the game daily after the Steam release and ported those changes to the console versions. For a fighting game this was more important than aesthetic. Game is still supported, unlike Mortal Kombat.

Game was far from casual friendly to attract new players, unlike Cuphead

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017

253.jpg

- 1930's aesthetics
- Sexy pin-up girls
- Macabre horror

You can easily combine any two of those, but combining all three gets you Skullgirls

100% agree.

Personally, I fucking hate this style of art. It's the same stuff you see on the artist showfloor at 90% of anime cons, and it's a huge turn off for me.

It's probably why I never touched this game. The animation is beautiful but otherwise the first impression I got was that it was some deviant art flashgame.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet if they threw a cinematic filter on it and did a limited re-release they could catch some of the Cuphead heat

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I also feel that Skullgirls needed way more brightly lit stages that contrast with the sprites.
latest

Most of the stages are pretty dark and dank,and it makes hard to know what the fuck you are hitting
screenlg9.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately I think it leaning a bit too hard into the cheesecake angle on some characters hurt it, I'm mostly fine with it but others weren't holding back their thoughts on this matter over the years, and for some others who inherently dislike the all female fighters the male ones were genuinely both too little and too late.
The monster mash angle ala Darkstalkers I think had the stronger appeal but that could just be me projecting my own preferences. When you see the background characters and those in the DLC poll there was a ton of designs that more reflected the gruesome or monstrous approach.
Actually you point out the divisiveness between sexy and or cute females and the more fantastical horror and I recall that the DLC vote had its share of drama due to a lot of people rallying behind the cute fish girl (Minette?) while others were very against that.

On the whole I think the game really did deserve better, there may be something of a styles clash on the surface but it comes together well presented in game.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Funny this thread came up, I just tried out Skullgirls for the very first time yesterday as I'm clearing out my ps3 backlog to 100% them.

I've personally always hated fanservice with a passion, in a paradoxical way for this game, I find it to be lazy. It's not more work to draw bottomless characters because now you have to add different panties to the whole cast? It's so in your face too, I can't just ignore it and stare at Peacock going "this is fine" when Valentine has a thermometer come out of her breasts that then explodes. The teacher that stands in the background in the tutorial has her hips practically ripping her skirt(why does parasoul even have lower body clothes on), all I say is just why? Be as detailed and animated as you want, but I have no idea what's happening at all with fighters like Cerebella and Double because there's just so much going on with them every time they move.

Also the references bother me as well, seems like every other line said by the cast is a callback to something and I had to mute them. "Winners don't use drugs!" Filia is literally morrigan, Valentine is literally Ibuki, Peacock has Hsein-Ko's spike ball attack, I'm playing this wishing I was playing darkstalkers instead. I agree with your statement that the art doesn't know what it wants. The body horror is not really present outside double(ms. fortune headless blood spurt aside), there's a million frames of animations with Fortune so I had no clue there was all that gore happening with her. The rest is just a 2D senran kagura, the only male characters are even DLC. Having a 'community' be your target demographic is great, but then there's problem people like me where if I think a character looks ugly or uninteresting I'm not gonna play them. Oh this grappler looks neat, too bad her ass is out and they put extra shine on her chest. Parasols a long range poker, nice, why is her whole ass out and her legs are spread farther than my wingspan? Who's supposed to appeal to me in this cast? Even Squigly has a see through dress.

The game controls and plays a lot better than I thought it would, but I can't stand looking at it. A tutorial being super in depth will just make people gloss over it, I saw how many lessons there were and exited right out, L-M-H alright that's all I need. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. Think Harada from Tekken said no one played the tutorial in Tag 2 so why even have one. I'll give a ton of credit to the developers though, for such terrible sales and the game being out for so long and their still supporting it, you don't see that passion anywhere else.

Where was this game on newgrounds when I was like 12?

Last edited:

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
100% agree.

Personally, I fucking hate this style of art. It's the same stuff you see on the artist showfloor at 90% of anime cons, and it's a huge turn off for me.

It's probably why I never touched this game. The animation is beautiful but otherwise the first impression I got was that it was some deviant art flashgame.
Im curiuos in what kind of art style do you think they should have been aiming for.
I feel they should had gone more in the direction of Trigger/Gainax
Little.Witch.Academia.full.1921675.jpg
mSYFUvA.png

Still Anime inspired,but its very cartoony. I feel this is what they were going for,but didn't really have the talent to pull off.

Also do you mind showing what you mean about the art you see at 90% anime cons showfloors,I've never seen anything like Skullgirls.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
Honestly, I think that Skullgirls looks nothing like any other game on the market, which is both a positive and a negative.

Those who like Skullgirls are very attached to it, those that don't will not be receptive to additional marketing without price discounts.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't say a lot of variety,I feel you could probably do the same for Tekken and KOF male characters too.I would say the main difference with those is that they have both male and female characters,and that there a multitude more characters in those games so you dont notice characters with similar bodytypes(every male character with exception of Gigas has the same bodytype in Tekken 7.)

But I will say it is kind of damning when you put it like that,lol.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Partly reads like "I don't want my cute girls obscured by body horror". That fusion is Skullgirl's visual identity.

LuckyChamCham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, good thread, although I don't really have anything to provide to it, I just came to say Fillia is best girl. That is all.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel for some of the chracters it is,but characters like Cerebella,Peacock,Big Band,Parasoul arent really horror themed.I feel they should have had multiple monster types like werewolves and sea creatures rather than just zombies and body horror abominations.

Isn't Peacock literally a child whose body was multilated and turned into some kind of human weapon? Though I guess that's not exactly obvious.

I was really hyped for Skullgirls and enjoyed playing it when it came out, but fell off relatively fast cause I still wasn't great at fighters. I did back the IGG to support them but never picked it up again on any new platforms. I should try it again sometime. I will say I was always a little offput by some of the more "sexy" characters (stuff like Valentine's poses/dialogue sprites in particular, IIRC) and I think things like their character profiles with measurements as a joke backfired because I know people who were really put off by it.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Partly reads like "I don't want my cute girls obscured by body horror". That fusion is Skullgirl's visual identity.
That's sort of the point? People can find parts of Skullgirl's visual identity that they like, but those people might not be able to stomach Skullgirl's visual identity as a whole. While that gives Skullgirls a very unique look, it also limits who they can appeal to.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I bought this some time ago on PSN but could never get into it. I enjoy the artstyle but at the time, there were too many other fighters out there for me to choose this over.
I also had a hard time finding people to play with in South East Asia, I did use the discord server and found other folks willing to spar with me.

The netcode on this is what should be an industry standard for fighting games.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't say a lot of variety,I feel you could probably do the same for Tekken and KOF male characters too.I would say the main difference with those is that they have both male and female characters,and that there a multitude more characters in those games so you dont notice characters with similar bodytypes(every male character with exception of Gigas has the same bodytype in Tekken 7.)

But I will say it is kind of damning when you put it like that,lol.
Even in games that're praised for their diversity like Overwatch largely fall into the same trap when characters are reduced to silhouettes. Overwatch is a better example of body diversity but the majority of characters are still quite similar in height and figure.
eHn2BXd.jpg

There's major differences with the male cast in comparison where you have characters like Junkrat, Roadhog, Reinhart, etc. Few games really push the limits of what can be done with body types, one of the ones that did just received a bunch of layoffs, that being Gigantic,

and the other example is being made by the dev in question.
indivisible-1.png

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't Peacock literally a child whose body was multilated and turned into some kind of human weapon? Though I guess that's not exactly obvious.

I was really hyped for Skullgirls and enjoyed playing it when it came out, but fell off relatively fast cause I still wasn't great at fighters. I did back the IGG to support them but never picked it up again on any new platforms. I should try it again sometime. I will say I was always a little offput by some of the more "sexy" characters (stuff like Valentine's poses/dialogue sprites in particular, IIRC) and I think things like their character profiles with measurements as a joke backfired because I know people who were really put off by it.
Sure but Peacock int monstrous looking,shes just very cartoony looking.
In comparision Double and her crew looks like a Lovecraftian pinup collection.
latest
latest
PpBABneSYFZniLrHxEhOfpd44NBTL0uYR_3i71HRYmAFS17x7e8NKOylr9ZjiWYPPUiBeq4PzlKF9vLcWBIqL8Je118AglaPqHTr6ZFjfKxF9AkuunudqJ5OogvI5-LO=s1600

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game considered unsuccessful (sales-wise) by Lab Zero? That quote makes it sound like a passion project and 1m doesn't seem bad at all for something like that.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Frankly, I love the mix of freakiness and sexiness. Characters like Pinwheel and Double feel like nothing else I've seen in fighting games. It might not have mass appeal, but it certainly makes for a unique aesthetic.