• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't want to play this on a phone, just don't! It's coming to other platforms!

The Mac version is already in beta, and it plays super well with a proper mouse and keyboard. I'm glad I didn't spoil myself on a phone, personally.

Axispowers

Jan 8, 2018
This game is amazing. For some reason, I'm getting Breath of the Wild vibes from this title. (maybe its the mystery behind the levels/wrold)But I can't wait to play this with a real controller but the mobile version is great

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
I'm right at the end I think and it's asking me to get 20 spirits or whatever they are before I can get past the door?! What's the best way of getting them? Or do I have to scower levels to find hidden ones?

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I'm right at the end I think and it's asking me to get 20 spirits or whatever they are before I can get past the door?! What's the best way of getting them? Or do I have to scower levels to find hidden ones?

Fortunately I found twenty naturally throughout, but yes, you'll have to go back through a level if you require a couple more — the 'Golden Wasteland' area has several hidden spirits on the edge(s) of their world.

I feel like I am a little bit bollock'ed as I fell through the world on the last level, 'Eye of Eden', and I just cannot get back onto solid ground...

I have restarted the game more than once, but nope, I am still beneath the world itself.

Up until this point, it has spoiled an otherwise wonderful experience.

:EDIT: Finally got pass the whole 'falling down the world' palaver!

Anyhoo, the trek up the mountain was needlessly complex, especially having to use touch control to walk across various beams and ledges as carefully and precisely as possible. I really, really wasn't a fan of those waves of random magic carpet of rocks in certain areas either — as if those watcher creatures weren't tough enough (to avoid)...

The actual sequence after exhausting your fingers to the top of the mountain is genuinely quite lovely though. A little bit different to the more religious implications of the end in 'Journey'.

I prefer the cohesive and emotional journey of 'Journey' more so than 'Sky' however, it earns its place in the end by having some areas that are truly unique and interesting to explore.

I would happily play this again if/when it's eventually available to play on PlayStation 4.

Last edited:

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
On iPhone X I was initially able to change my graphics settings.....I opted for 60 fps .

Then in the rainy part of the hidden forest I noticed it had reverted to default 30 fps and now I was no longer able to change the graphics settings at all.
I went back "home" thinking that part perhaps was too graphically intensive for my X but even outside of that area now I cannot change the graphics settings anymore from default 30fps.

Anyone experience this on an iPhone X?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not seeing any graphic settings either, just launched it for the first time. It looks super muddy on my 2018 iPad Pro 12,9 and only runs at 30 FPS. Eh. Guess I'll wait for an update or the Apple TV / macos version

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see this work on my aging original ipad air. Looks like a Switch running Doom in terms of resolution but it sure is the game. Good on them I guess.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
with ios 13 out, is this game now compatible with a controller? Has anyone given it a shot?

Yup, just added yesterday including Xbox and Dualshock support. Gonna give this a try as soon as I get home, exactly what the game needed. Kind of deserves its own thread tbh, given this was one of the main reasons people claimed not to want to try this

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/09/24/sky-children-of-the-light-major-update-controller-support/

Oct 26, 2017

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Finally got around to playing this on Android and just really impressed with the level of scale and gorgeous art direction! When riding the creatures of light, it is such a good audiovisual experience:

Flying feels good and the views are majestic. The multiplayer features are consistent with the themes. Would love to play on consoles again.

Is it the same composer as Journey, Austin Wintory? If not, the music is as good.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to playing this on Android and just really impressed with the level of scale and gorgeous art direction! When riding the creatures of light, it is such a good audiovisual experience:

Flying feels good and the views are majestic. The multiplayer features are consistent with the themes. Would love to play on consoles again.

Is it the same composer as Journey, Austin Wintory? If not, the music is as good.

Not Austin Wintory, instead it's Vincent Diamante: