• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
What have you made me do.

d60711ca-d9a9-41c6-98fb7d.jpeg
Welcome to the party, pal.

Grindlefly

Oct 26, 2017
I will buy right this second depending on the answer to this question...

When you fall/jump off a mountain or high surface, does the game turn blinders on or cut to black or will you actually fall unobscured?

I jumped off the greybeards mountain and fell unobscured to my death. I have no fov filters on so maybe that's why

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Aaaaand bought.

Is it a little weird that my interest in most VR games peaks when I find out you can do things like jump off of high surfaces or kill yourself with your in-game weapons (ala Farpoint)?

Fascination with death is very common in humans. That's why a lot of us like true crime stories about serial killers and stuff.

But no harm done in VR, it's all make pretend. :P

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really feeling this game. It simply feels like I'm playing Skyrim with a screen attached to my face. Is it that much better with move controller's?

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Played a couple of hours with this now and it's great. My only complaint is why do Sony still refuse to launch Move controllers without joysticks on them it's an absolute no brainier at this point and would solve so many problems with movement if they added them.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As others have said, it would be fantastic if the move controllers had analog sticks, but the work around here is amazing.

After a while it feels like second nature. If the game didn't have this movement and only had teleportation, I definitely would not have bought it.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
So what exact settings are you guys using on the move controllers?

I have free movement on so that I press the left move button to move, and the other controller to move right or left, and the FOV filters are off.

I'm still struggling with the menu and picking up stuff. I guess I just gotta get used to it?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what exact settings are you guys using on the move controllers?

I have free movement on so that I press the left move button to move, and the other controller to move right or left, and the FOV filters are off.

I'm still struggling with the menu and picking up stuff. I guess I just gotta get used to it?

You'll get used to the menu thing, it took me a while too.

Also I'm using free movement and my turning radius is at about 15% since that seems to be the best way to always get a good facing position where I want.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Loving this so far. The sense of presence is great and I love the freedom. Maybe this has been answered, but is anyone having an issue regarding weapons constantly unsheathing whilst playing with move? I think it's the sensitive triggers.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand bought.

Is it a little weird that my interest in most VR games peaks when I find out you can do things like jump off of high surfaces or kill yourself with your in-game weapons (ala Farpoint)?

One of the reasons I like Superhot VR. Want to go back to the menu… shoot yourself in the head. The reaction people give me when they ask how to do so is priceless.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
You'll get used to the menu thing, it took me a while too.

Also I'm using free movement and my turning radius is at about 15% since that seems to be the best way to always get a good facing position where I want.

Ah I haven't really messed with those sliders yet. Gonna be the first thing I play around with when I get back on. Thanks for the info!

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I'm definitely interested in this. Split between this version and the Switch.

I've put about 10 hours into it on Steam and couldn't get into it like I did with Oblivion.

VR Would be pretty wild though. As would being able to play it anywhere.

Hm...

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Near-instant motion sickness for me. God dammit.

Played with DS4 with all settings left at default. Didn't even manage to
escape from the big-ass dragon
before I had to stop playing. I'm not new to VR at all. :( I haven't played an FPS since the RE7 demo, which I did finish but felt quite bad by the end.

I'll try Moves later and experiment with the settings a bit.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
So close to getting this, but worried about being one of the 10% that cannot handle vr. I wonder how much I'd lose if I had to resell it....

OP
OP
CKOHLER

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this so far. The sense of presence is great and I love the freedom. Maybe this has been answered, but is anyone having an issue regarding weapons constantly unsheathing whilst playing with move? I think it's the sensitive triggers.
This is a know bug/feature. Basically, if you have a shield equipped and then put it away and then later raise your shield hand, it brings it out because it thinks you want to quickly defend.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

before I had to stop playing. I'm not new to VR at all. :( I haven't played an FPS since the RE7 demo, which I did finish but felt quite bad by the end.

I did feel a bit dodgy at first but after a few hours I'm fine. I still cant handle the sensation of falling though. Makes for a wierd feeling when walking down a cliff, almost like Im trying to be careful as fuck so I dont fall and feel like I want to puke.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Wait even teleportation managed to fuck you up? That sucks D:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So is this the real deal? How bad is motion sickness for people?

I'm interested in trying but then I hear they are going to make VR versions for the PC with the Rift and Vive so I feel like I want to wait for that...

frank james

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
how exactly do you set it up so the opposite hand turns. only seen using the buttons to change in increments.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Ok thanks
When I see how stupidly expensive these became I think I'll just play with the DS4
Where are you from? The new bundles are a bit pricey (basically back to original price) but you can find them used for $20-30 USD.

When they first came out for PS3 they were $60 each.

No I only played with DS4. I know the opening section is a bit hectic and I didn't want to be learning the controls until I got past it. I'll try Move-ing later. Or maybe tomorrow, since I feel like total shit now.

I had snap turning on but I was strafing a lot.
This was your mistake, then. The DS4's controls will whip you around compared to the Move controllers. They actually work well for the intro since it walks you through turning, moving, jumping, crouching, etc. though I'll admit I almost did what you did and went with DS4 first.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017

This is my concern, I don't want to drop a couple of hundred on something that may or may not induce me to chunder.

Really undecided...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
How do you aim a fireball with the moves? There isn't any indication of where it will go.

Also, how do you call your horse?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
This was your mistake, then. The DS4's controls will whip you around compared to the Move controllers. They actually work well for the intro since it walks you through turning, moving, jumping, crouching, etc. though I'll admit I almost did what you did and went with DS4 first.
I hope you're right. Moves do look more fun anyway, from what I've seen.

This is my concern, I don't want to drop a couple of hundred on something that may or may not induce me to chunder.

Really undecided...
I've been playing VR happily for months and don't regret buying it at all. I'm really surprised how suddenly Skyrim fucked me up. If MultiverseMob is correct, switching to Moves will fix it. Otherwise it's teleportation misery for me.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played this a little. Its cool.

But I am bummed it isn't just a mode in Skyrim SE or is at least cross save with it.

Seems like the ideal solution would be being able to easily jump between VR and standard skyrim for when VR is too much but I guess Bethesda need another $60 version of Skyrim on shelves.

Also for me I can do almost anything in VR and feel fine but looking over the edge of a cliff or tall building sets my vertigo off.

I can fly around in VR games fine but something about being on the edge gets to me. That still happened to me Skyrim.

CloakedPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the first dungeon - Bleak Falls Barrow - and I am completely in love. I'm playing with moves while standing (with occasional sitting sessions) and can't believe how incredible this experience is. My hats off to Bethesda for really putting the effort into this port and it's movement mechanics for the PSVR. I'm so glad that I decided to triple dip.

[edit - I was honestly a bit more lukewarm on it yesterday than I expected to be but that all disappeared once I started questing. Sooooooooo good!]

Blabadon

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oh I don't know about that. Having done some VR work myself, you'd be surprised how many times you actually want to smooth out/reduce accuracy for the sake of the play experience. Move wands can't compete with something like an Oculus Touch or Vive controller, but they are really pretty good overall. And they did test many versions with an analog stick back in the day but apparently players had a really hard time "decoupling" abstracted analog stick movement from the actual waving-around wand movement, thus the nav pickle (as I always called it). it is a shame they don't support that though, because I have one!
Really interesting post. What do you mean by decoupling exactly? I think I understand on a basic level.

Deleted member 5727

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So where is this $349 bundle? US.

Just "retailers" is all I've heard. So Best Buy, Walmart, amazon, Target, Gamestop, etc.

Just finished the first dungeon - Bleak Falls Barrow - and I am completely in love. I'm playing with moves while standing (with occasional sitting sessions) and can't believe how incredible this experience is. My hats off to Bethesda for really putting the effort into this port and it's movement mechanics for the PSVR. I'm so glad that I decided to triple dip.

Sooooooooo good!

Awesome! You're making the wait harder. I played through that section in normal Skyrim a couple days ago. Can't wait to replay it in VR.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Also for me I can do almost anything in VR and feel fine but looking over the edge of a cliff or tall building sets my vertigo off.

I can fly around in VR games fine but something about being on the edge gets to me. That still happened to me Skyrim.
Haha yeah I'm scared of heights so I'm sure I'll feel the same. One of my most vivid memories of VR is slowly shuffling off the edge of the rooftop in Arkham VR and standing on thin air.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017

I was just about to ask how everyone is feeling while playing. I tend to get sick fairly quickly. RE7 allowed me to play in VR for about an hour at a time, which is a lifetime compared to other VR games I've tried. I really want to try this, but plopping down $60 for something that I might never touch again doesn't sound like a good idea. I did this with Farpoint. Played it 3 times, and couldn't go back, due to how sick it made me. I would love to have a demo, Bethesda. Hook me up.