• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
After 8 hours I was still tweaking the turn settings, still not 100 confident that I found the sweet spot, but I am still having a blast.

Max time I can play is 1h30 before I need to rest my noggin, but geez that time just dissapears.

I'm about to jump in guys. Sitting or standing?

Sitting for the start, standing in that buggy at the start made me a bit queasy.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017

valeu

Oct 27, 2017
this game is so addictive. i just kept saying to myself, "let me just do this one more thing." then i played for 7 hours and didn't realize it.

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
So I just got it.. Any vr tips.. I have it on smooth setting.. I think thats what its called.. Also any tips on how to use the bow.. I haven't hit yet.. Also how do i quickly turn around?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Fcuked up the metacritic score tho, shame...

I mean, some people won't be able to tolerate this kind of experience on this hardware, it should be reflected in the Metascore.

I don't get how you can assign a review to someone who knows they can't play PSVR without feeling ill, that seems like poor judgement.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, some people won't be able to tolerate this kind of experience on this hardware, it should be reflected in the Metascore.

I don't get how you can assign a review to someone who knows they can't play PSVR without feeling ill, that seems like poor judgement.

What if the review started out "I hate RPGs. RPGs are always boring and dumb to me. SKYRIM 4/10."?

Some people out there aren't fans of RPGs you know. Should that be reflected in the review score?

Whether you can or can't tollerate a type of game shouldn't really factor into a review score. Readers either know, or are ignorant of whether the tech will affect them negatively, but there's plenty of articles and discussions on the techs limitations. That shouldn't be in a review unless its an issue with implementation/performance causing it.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me? Nah.

That said, I do think reviews of Skyrim VR can be done reasonably fast if somebody is familiar with the game and VR in general, as the most important new things to focus on are the graphics and the control method and that shouldn't take that much time.
But they still have an obligation to try and finish the game, don't they?

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
How is this? As sale price as £299 for move and PSVR and this is tempting me (and having £100 game credit from trade ins).

Also hows this feel when in it using a pro?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

Dalmore 35 year old scotch review:

Tasted terrible. I don't drink because I get sick after 1 sip. I guess some people who drink might like it.

5/10

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are some of the better side quests?

I have only really done a few of the Companion quests and the murder quest which was a lot creepier and gruesome than I remembered it being.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Just simply face the move controller backwards and you shall go backwards.

As Kalentan said "Just simply face the move controller backwards and you shall go backwards." but you only need to tilt it slightly. No need for the big moves I have seen some streamers do. Just tilt from the wrist and you can be extremely precise, on par with the DS4 once you become accustomed to it.
Great, thanks you two.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do you swim? I did what the tutorial said... get underwater then make a breast stroke with the move controllers. Doing that motion does nothing. I just sit in the water and eventually drown.

How are you supposed to do this?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
How the hell do you swim? I did what the tutorial said... get underwater then make a breast stroke with the move controllers. Doing that motion does nothing. I just sit in the water and eventually drown.

Are you familiar with a breast stroke? It may be poorly shown in the game but it definitely works. I'd like the option to just use move button.

OP
OP
CKOHLER

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017

First, make sure you're in deep enough water. Almost every person who I've seen try (and fail) at swimming were in water you can stand up in. Second, once in deep water, HOLD both triggers ONLY and perform a breast stroke.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
First, make sure you're in deep enough water. Almost every person who I've seen try (and fail) at swimming were in water you can stand up in. Second, once in deep water, HOLD both triggers ONLY and perform a breast stroke.

Oh hold the triggers, I didn't realize you needed to do that.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
What if the review started out "I hate RPGs. RPGs are always boring and dumb to me. SKYRIM 4/10."?

Some people out there aren't fans of RPGs you know. Should that be reflected in the review score?

Whether you can or can't tollerate a type of game shouldn't really factor into a review score. Readers either know, or are ignorant of whether the tech will affect them negatively, but there's plenty of articles and discussions on the techs limitations. That shouldn't be in a review unless its an issue with implementation/performance causing it.
I think they should be. Not every review is targeted at the same audience.

For example, someone reviews Final Fantasy from the perspective of a fan of JRPG's and the series. A review like that, probably the majority, doesn't help me at all because I dislike that genre and have never enjoyed a Final Fantasy game.

Now, someone who gives the new Final Fantasy game a great score, and has always disliked the series and similar games, that review has value to me and people like me. I guess the idea that only fans of the respective genre should be the only ones reviewing those games has always seemed weird to me. I think it's mostly because of the Metacritic score because I can't see any other reason why it would matter.

Silvard

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I may have wasted $60 dollars. I completed the tutorial cave but moving and turning with the Move controllers was incredibly clunky and annoying, and so looting or using menus. Using weapons, especially a bow, was super awesome but everything else was a real pain.

That and while I thought I was handling it alright (with just a bit of queasiness that I felt like I was able to manage, mostly a second or two whenever I started moving) when I stopped to take a break all that VR sickness washed over me.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
"Game made me ill", "all PSVR games make me a little ill"... sheesh, don't they have a reviewer that can actually play the games? Why would they assign the review to someone who can't handle VR? I won't even dare to watch his video, I could hit my head on the table too hard...
Gameinformer's credibility has gone down in my estimation.

If they had integrity they would have re-assigned the review to somebody else and it would have been pushed it out later... or that person would not have taken on the review in the first place knowing they would likely experience nausea. More responsibility is needed.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Played some more today. Currently on my way to High Hrothgar... The moment I find out first where this leads to...

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really torn on how to play this game ... sometimes I hate having more choices lol I love the immersion you get with the Move, but I like the quality of life with the DS4 (menus, etc). Ugh ...

Qronicle

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Really enjoying this so far. At one point two wolves were attacking me from the front and the right. And there I was, dual wielding flames to kill both simultaneously with each hand. Seriously amazing feeling.

How are you guys handling more difficult fights with the Move controllers? Especially when using one handed with shield I struggle to be in the position I would want to be.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to ask how everyone is feeling while playing. I tend to get sick fairly quickly. RE7 allowed me to play in VR for about an hour at a time, which is a lifetime compared to other VR games I've tried. I really want to try this, but plopping down $60 for something that I might never touch again doesn't sound like a good idea. I did this with Farpoint. Played it 3 times, and couldn't go back, due to how sick it made me. I would love to have a demo, Bethesda. Hook me up.
It's crazy how different people have such different levels of tolerance. I played RE7 for 7 hours in 1 day across 3 sessions. When I stopped it wasn't because I was sick or anything too

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love reading through the PSVR subreddit. Skyrim is awesome.

Now I'm thinking about starting a thread about old games getting VR ports, would that be against the rules?

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know anything about the lore of The Elder Scrolls but is the planet it is set on really a moon? The massive red celestial object is always visible (many times during the day) yet the smaller one isn't and when it does appear it looks like it's orbiting the red planet rather than the planet where Skyrim is set.

This is something I'd never notice outside of VR but seems really obvious inside it.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I decided to go ahead and pick up the standard PS4 remaster version. As soon as I heard the music in the tavern I fell down a nostalgia hole.

God, I love this game so much. I can't describe why, no other game got it's hooks in me and the weird part is it's not even close to the best elder scrolls games. What is it about this game that just makes it feel so good? I have probably 500 hours on multiple playthroughs in 7 years...

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Game made me ill", "all PSVR games make me a little ill"... sheesh, don't they have a reviewer that can actually play the games? Why would they assign the review to someone who can't handle VR? I won't even dare to watch his video, I could hit my head on the table too hard...
It is good + important to represent that audience slice though

Oct 29, 2017
After 8 hours I was still tweaking the turn settings, still not 100 confident that I found the sweet spot, but I am still having a blast.

Max time I can play is 1h30 before I need to rest my noggin, but geez that time just dissapears.

Sitting for the start, standing in that buggy at the start made me a bit queasy.

Bethesda have said the first patch will have smooth turning on it.

Is this your first vr game? Curios as this game has given me 0 issues so far and I've done a couple of 6 hour sessions now.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
A few questions if someone can answer;

1) why does it feel like I'm walking at an angle? Like if I look straight and walk, it's slightly towards the right, never straight.

2) how do I pick items up to move them?

3) I feel like I'm walking super slow? I'm not over encumbered, it just feels like I'm walking really slow.

Nov 1, 2017
I'll definitely be getting this if it ever releases in a way that's Rift compatible.

Saw the GI review and was taken aback by how low it was, good to see that it isn't widespread. I wonder if this game's success or failure helps influence other AAA publishers to attempt VR ports.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1) why does it feel like I'm walking at an angle? Like if I look straight and walk, it's slightly towards the right, never straight.

3) I feel like I'm walking super slow? I'm not over encumbered, it just feels like I'm walking really slow.
If you're using the move controllers the direction of your walk is slightly influenced by the heading of the left move controller. To make sure you're walking straight forward you need to hold it straight forward.

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a PS4 VR headset or even a PS4 but I'm just stopping by to say that's a great thread title.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this game's success or failure helps influence other AAA publishers to attempt VR ports.

I think this and LA Noire VR Case Files might have a big influence. Reading some of the previews of the latter it really sounds like Rockstar are trying to nail their formula with VR and add to it in many ways not possible before. What Capcom, Bethesda and Rockstar are currently doing makes what Activision and EA delivered look like a bit of a joke in reflection. Same goes for Blood & Truth, if they pull off some of the things they are trying to do with that it could be very influential.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1 The direction of the left move needs to be facing the direction you want to go in and are looking in to move forward properly.
2 Hold the take button on the right move, you can't move bodies but items are fair game
3 Make sure you're not crouching by holding triangle, double tap the movement button to run as well. Personally I wish the character could slow down a little since he moves way too fast.