• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England

Would they keep the motion controls using separated Joy Cons, and do you think it's possible for standard controls to be implemented?

Reminder of how good the game looks in HD.

Last edited:

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fingers crossed. This is the only mainline Zelda I've never played.

Bring WWHD over too please.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
"next Zelda coming sooner than we think"

Kidding aside, maybe this game deserves another chance. I'm not sure how this would work in handheld mode.

I'm not really interested though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd certainly be up for it and I'd also be interested to see how well it's received overall. It's still a good game I feel, hopefully a rerelease is even better.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The real issue will be how they make it work in handheld mode. Maybe the right stick can control sword movements to an extent?

Docked mode with detached joycons should be able to translate basically 1 to 1 from the Wii controls so that part's easy.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Get rid of the motion controls and for the love of God please implement a minimalistic UI.

Nov 8, 2017
Always happy to see the ol' zelda ports. Did SS use any pointer or was it all cursor based? Been years since I touched it.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Not interested in the slightest. Skyward Sword was pretty, but is riffled with bad gameplay portions.
I really hope the next Zelda annoucement is not a remake (well, HD port) of that game.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
By some margin my least favourite 3d Zelda .. endless tutorials, hand holding, slightly creepy character design, claustrophobic levels, make work and those controls .. but bring it on for the fans!

Hopefully port WWHD while they're at it

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They can make it simply not be played on handheld

I feel Nintendo will try to avoid that happening. The new Mario Party is one of the few exceptions that I've seen to this, and you can still play it in table top mode at least. I can't imagine them allowing that for a game that's 20+ hours long.

I wouldn't be shocked if the game is heavily retooled for the Switch to make use of regular controls.

EDIT:

Technically you can't play 1-2-Switch in handheld mode.

Oops. Forgot about that too. You can at least play it in table top mode like Mario Party. But yeah, those are the two exceptions and I don't see those ever being the norm.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this is the next Zelda game that wasnt too far off? Lol, what a tragedy if true.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
The real issue will be how they make it work in handheld mode. Maybe the right stick can control sword movements to an extent?

Docked mode with detached joycons should be able to translate basically 1 to 1 from the Wii controls so that part's easy.
Couldn't they use the analog stick for that?

Anyway, I enjoyed the game more than most people, but wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just to let everyone know if Botw was your first Zelda game then you should realize Skyward Sword is completely different. Try to keep an open mind about it.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I love Skyward Sword, it's right behind BotW as my favorite of the 3D Zeldas. But of course there are improvements they could make, tone down Fi, for one, and that would make a huge difference.

I imagine they would make an alternate control method for handheld use, the dual sticks will help in this regard. I love the motion controls in this game, though, so I'd play with split joy-cons as much as possible.

I'd love to see what Nintendo would do with the conversion to HD. I doubt they simply port it, they'll probably upgrade textures and touch the painterly effect in some way and maybe add some other effects as well.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Odd enough, i came here expecting to find a sauce, after reading that Zalman Tweet. Turns out that the souce here was indeed the Zalman tweet

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My least favorite 3D Zelda game but I'd still get it, on the condition the tutorials and messages are is significantly toned down. I seriously don't know if I could bear that again.

Honestly large portions of the game need to be redesigned. If they went to that effort I'd be way down, but I doubt they will.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I skipped this due to disliking motion controls. If they port it to Switch with standard controls, it's a D1 buy for me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this whole "handheld mode" is being overblown. They can make it work with the right stick

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they ship it as is, they might aswell keep it.
If they actually make an UI that's not horrible and cut all the bullshit, then I might try it.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Yes please, never had the Motionplus attachment so this is the only 3D Zelda I have never played.

A Skyward Sword port and a new 2d Zelda in 2019 please thank you Nintendo.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
SS is the Zelda that would benefit the most from a remaster. WW was also pretty flawed in its original form and the HD version did wonders for it. Hope they can pull this off.