Skyward Sword Remake With No Motion Controls Would Be "Close to Impossible" - Eiji Aonuma

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
People are so dramatic about Skyward Sword's motion controls. They're just fine after you get past the tutorial fight. Obviously if someone has a disability which detracts from their ability to use them, that's a different story, but I'm talking about people who act like you have to jump around the room flailing your arms all over the place in order to get them to work, or that you get false readings regularly.

The only thing I think was poorly implemented was the bomb-bowling mechanic, and even that isn't the end of the world.

May 15, 2019
I always thought using the right analog stick for sword controls would work just fine, similar to how the blade mode aiming worked in Metal Gear Rising. I loved the motion controls and the combat in general, and would have preferred a dual analog take on Skyward Sword's combat in Breath of the Wild.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, make your game tied to something completely unique to a console, so we can never play it again without said console and accessories. Great idea.
Oh yes, motion control wands, completely unique to a single system, that being the Wii, Wii U, SW, PS3, and PS4. If only there was a way to implement motion control on other systems than just that single one, especially Nintendo's own system, then we might actually have some chance of getting a Skyward Sword remake. But the logistics are just impossible.