• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
considering the kind of work that went into TWW HD and TPHD, he's right.

those games had practically no mechanical changes to them. it was mostly retexturing the games to look HD and adjusting a few things for balance.

for SS they'd have to reprogram all the combat and most of the items on top of doing the retexturing job. at that point why not just make a new game?

plus, if they released it as-is, it wouldn't work with some of the Switch's setups. no pro controller and no handheld mode.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I want Skyward Sword with all motion controls in tact. It's not the same game without it.

I wish motion combat comes back in BOTW2. Motion made SS so much fun to play.

Pixeltuner

Oct 29, 2017
Motion controls were fine. Just cut half of the imprisoned fights, trials and streamline a bunch of the padding at the end = profit.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want Skyward Sword with all motion controls in tact. It's not the same game without it.

I wish motion combat comes back in BOTW2. Motion made SS so much fun to play.
Motion is the best way to control the game's shiekah slate powers, fwiw
You can flick something in magnesis and send it flying 100 ft away
That's uh quite a bit harder w/o motion control just bcuz camera manipulation is so much slower with the analog than it is with motion