• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Must be getting older now cause there is some stuff I see online that really makes me cringe hard. Number one thing is "we stan". Stanning something is not a good thing. Stan is an insane fanboy. I don't get it.

OP
OP
BigHatPaul

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

I walked into that one.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There isn't any - I adopt all slang and make it my own to piss off those around me.

This thread is pretty lit, fam.

Peace out, tho.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
"that's pog!"
people saying out twitch emote names loud is really jarring

OP
OP
BigHatPaul

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
There isn't any - I adopt all slang and make it my own to piss off those around me.

This thread is pretty lit, fam.

Peace out, tho.
Is that on god, no cap, periodt?

"that's pog!"
people saying out twitch emote names loud is really jarring
Oh yeah I forgot about this. There's one twitch person I used to watch who yells POG! POG!!! eehh.. dropped that pretty quick.
nice name and avatar btw sigsig good song. happy sky is my fav style.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I'm still waiting for "stan" to be replaced by something else without anyone noticing, like seems to happen to all internet slang. But it's sticking around longer than I thought it would.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't fuck with no cap here in NYC.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking in generally but maybe not in this thread's case, I'm always curious when a lot of slang created by and for minorities get tut-tutted by middle aged SWMs. Like you see curmudgeons on TV going on about how they don't understand what the youths are saying and hate that there are shorthands. Could that quality as a sort of phobia or discrimination?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
In High School I remember the day EVERYONE seemed to suddenly start using this slang:

• Fake Breh
  • Blood
  • Koch
  • Proper licks
I felt so left out and confused for the longest time, and when I finally figured it out (I think) I thought everyone was a pain in the ass.

Oct 27, 2017
I love how this forum is turning more and more into a bunch of old people moaning about young people. I think we need to seriously think about starting up a dedicated subforum to contain all these threads, as they're becoming more and more common in both the gaming and off-topic sections.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
"Gamers lining up to gleefully talk about how much they hate slang" is a true classic. Very powerful 2003 energy in here. We're a stone's throw away from "can't spell crap without rap!" at the moment.

Dec 6, 2017
US
The insane overuse of the word "like" drives me nuts. I sat next to a couple my age on the train recently and actually got up and sat somewhere else because I was seemingly unable to let this shit go.

"So like, I was like, holy shit like, and then I told him like...wow like fuck yeah!"

What???

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
pretty much every youtube comment that follows some ubiquitous joke format.

I'm not even sure, is it

Me:
No one:

?