• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just here to read the salty comments from people wondering why Red Dead is so low (despite them clearly liking it enough to put it on the list) and why Spider-Man is so high. :)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Man Forza been getting snubbed a lot.

Don't you know? Racing games are not games. The "games" part is an illusion

No matter how little you care about racing games, if you really think A Way Out deserve a spot in a top 25 over Forza, i don't know what to tell you

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
May 17, 2018
I love that despite being on a "best of the year" list, people still consider RDR2 as "unfairly slammed."

They're saying it's one of the best games out of the 100's or 1000's that came out this year. How is that "slamming" it?

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes I too wish more games controlled like ass. It makes it more immersive because life controls like ass too.

The thing is, most characters in most games play as if they have only a passing relationship with gravity.

And that's fine.

Rockstar's games implement physics in a way that no other games opt to do. Clearly, some people don't like it, which I understand, but I personally love it and the gunplay in this game is among the best I've experienced.

The good thing for you is that just about every other developer makes games where he characters have little weight, inertia, or physical mass in relation to their playable constructs.

So you've got plenty of alternatives.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised so many critics love the story and non-Spiderman bits of that game. I'm not against the premise and it's certainly an effective way to flesh out the characters, but I agree that the gameplay during those sections left a lot to be desired.

Ugh oh! I am playing through God of War right now and really enjoying it, much more than Horizon which I completed a week ago and made a thread about. I really hope I don't encounter the same problems with Spider-Man as I did Horizon.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I love that despite being on a "best of the year" list, people still consider RDR2 as "unfairly slammed."

They're saying it's one of the best games out of the 100's or 1000's that came out this year. How is that "slamming" it?
Well it's the videogame equivalent of Oscar-bait so not winning GOTY is a disappointment for RDR2.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I was joking and not specifically attacking Slant which is pretty evident if you read the rest of my post.

Quite a few of you seemed to have really latched onto my use of that word so apologies for using it.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
2018 has been an amazing years for indies, most of my favorite games are just that. Fun list to see.

2 games that would be on my list for top 25 that arent on this list would be Octopath Traveller and Overcooked

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that Slant was slamming this game, which I thought was evidenced by both my smile :) and the rest of my post, which was incredibly empathetic with those who don't think RDR2 is a masterpiece.

So apologies if that was the takeaway.

I've got no problems with their list. (It's their list - they can do as they please)

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta get to gow an obra dinn. :/ I'm playing too slow.

No mhw on this list is disturbing!

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played most of those games so maybe it's a good list I have no idea lol. I do think GoW in top spot and rdr2 so low is a bit pandering though. I have no problem with GoW being number one it's mine too but Rdr 2 at 16 is kind of silly imo. The games popularity though has created the usual hate so I expect more lists to slight the game for props.

Nov 7, 2017
Really monster hunter wasnt a top 25 game of this year? I think they just picked god of war then threw darts at everything else

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So glad to see Yoku's Island Express getting love on these lists. Such a fun, pleasant, and original little game. Could have used some better fast travel options, and signposting, but damn, that game was a blast. Just a little beetle, pinballing my way through a fun ass metroidvania. Hopefully it sold well, and all the praise encourages the dev to keep making original stuff.

Deleted member 15125

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The number of RE users who simply want these lists to reflect their own opinions back at them is a little unsettling.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I totally get Red Dead being at 16. Incredible in many ways. But its shooting being so whack-a-mole got old quick! Mission design feels so stiff.

Pretty good for Niche-Man. The story was the most surprising part. And was a joy to play.

God of War where it should be.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
87c70df92f2c9cd21a558d7ced953f8e

Decent list. Nice to see Obra Dinn getting respect.