• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of moral integrity to say that in that context speaks so much as how much more insidious he is than your typical politician. I could see myself voting for Bush Jr. over this guy. Bush Jr's moral baseline is fundamentally higher than being annoyed with classmates wanting to help an exploited labor force (that may not even be doing menial jobs, by virtue of working at absolutely the richest and one of the most dynamic teaching and research institutions in the country).

I mean criticize him sure... but say he's less moral than Bush Jr? That you could see yourself voting for Bush Jr over him? Is that suppose to make you look like a rational progressive?

Take every fault in that article at face value and he's still you know not a christian fundamentalist Republican.

Edit: Didn't see the Mod warning, please let me know if you;d like me to edit this out... I just felt it was a statement that needed to be addressed

Sep 14, 2018
No need to be a passive aggressive asshole.

No need to dismiss his struggles as a gay man because he isn't also black, struggles that couldn't possibly be "equal or more severe" even though you don't know what they are. Maybe, maybe not who are you to declare that?

There point isn't that he struggles more or less than x, it's that he does because of his identity. That's it, no need to pit marginalized people's experiences against each other.

Christina is this you? Don't bother answering I'm not wasting another second on you, goodbye.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No need to dismiss his struggles as a gay man because he isn't also black, struggles that couldn't possibly be "equal or more severe" even though you don't know what they are. Maybe, maybe not who are you to declare that?

There point isn't that he struggles more or less than x, it's that he does because of his identity. That's it, no need to pit marginalized people's experiences against each other.

Christina is this you? Don't bother answering I'm not wasting another second on you, goodbye.
I'm not dismissing anyone's struggles..

If I'm Christina, you're just another pissed off person surfing the internet. You'd rather be "done with me" and run away instead of have a discussion.

If that's the case, goodbye to you as well.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh? A discussion on what exactly? The merits of oppresion olympics? Fine by me, fire away. Clearly you have something in your mind judging by your initial deraily drive by.
It's not a drive-by post. I was making a comment based on what I've seen on this forum and in this thread.

It may not be what you like to hear, but that's what I thought. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's struggles, but I'm saying that, honestly, some people's struggles are seriously greater than others. There's a lot of variables that go into what I'm saying like region demographics, educational opportunities in such region, diversity, etc.

If you want me to elaborate even further, I can, but I guess you will be over the hill before I finish another sentence, unless you want to remain and spit vomit at how I'm an idiot for feeling this way.

Sep 14, 2018
Of course some people's struggles are greater than others! We already know that, see trans women of color for one.

What does this have to do with this man having to be gay enough to qualify as "diversity" you know, the topic you're commenting on.

I'm sure he's more priviledged than [insert minority] but this is not where you bring it up as a fault against him, not to declare he can't represent gay people, literally what he is.

M52B28