• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This might be my new favorite win. A20 as silent with the Mark of the Bloom

image.png

image.png

for anyone unfamiliar with Mark of the Bloom

image.png

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
^ Looking like a shivtacular deck where all the puzzle pieces come together. Well, outside of maybe wrist blade. Shiv deck + shuriken is some of the most fun Silent can have. I also love an early Girya on Silent.

I recently had some of my cleanest, fastest Watcher runs with my highest scores across the 4 characters:
uYsZb6D.jpg

RpAwAN8.jpg

Got these on the same day. Trademark red/blue infinite with help from Pyramid + Bag of Prep + Scrawl so I was infinite from turn 1. And in one of those runs I didn't get a single point of damage from early act 2 onwards til the end of the game, perfect Heart fight with 0 beat of death dmg. I thought Time Eater would be an issue but if you have TTTH + Mental Fortress you generate more than enough block.

Removing 2 defends as Neow start on Watcher:

200w.webp

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Love getting myself a good watcher infinite. She is definitely stronger than the other characters but I think that leads to a fun time. She's got a good set of cards that is fun to play.

Love seeing only 2 strikes and 0 defends spread out between those 2 decks.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to point out that recently one of the craziest runs happened and just had to share with anyone interested. Baalor is currently doing a self-imposed 'mastery' challenge, where he has to beat an A20H run with 2 copies of the same card, for every class and even colorless cards and curses. He's down to the last 20-ish and you might guess which cards can give him trouble.

Then this legendary run happened, timestamped. Don't read the comments, watch blind and enjoy. It's better to watch this bc the future YT vid will spoil it all with the thumbnail and such. But the Twitch vod is already on his archive channel so you can watch it here.
This run is now on youtube:

youtu.be

One-In-A-Million Run!

** FOLLOW ON TWITCH ** 👉 https://bit.ly/BaalorlordTV** SUBSCRIBE TO BAALORLORD PLAYS ** 👉 @BaalorlordPlays This run was, without any doubt, a one-in-a-...

Truly nutty

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
astrea six-sided oracles is very close to being on this game's level for me, need to dig into the game's ascension system first though

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Learn from my mistakes! Always do the math!

image.png

In this deck I had a choice between 2 cards I wanted to upgrade, Dash and Acrobatics. I opted for Dash as I figured it could help in the upcoming act 2 elites. What I didn't stop to do, is think about the order in which I draw cards.

I have 21 cards in my deck, with the silent's starting relic my turns are gonna look like this

Turn 1 - Draw 7 cards, 14 cards remain
Turn 2 - Draw 5 cards, 9 cards remain
Turn 3 - Draw 5 cards, 4 cards remain.

In order for me to have played Grand Finale at all, I would have needed to draw exactly 4 cards. The upgrade for Acro brings it from drawing 3 to 4. If I had taken the time to just plan out my play a little bit better, I could have avoided this

image.png

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hah! That's some galaxy brain Grand Finale stuff, to reassure you I probably would've gone for a straight up dmg upgrade as well. Still tho, weren't you also relying on draw order with this? An upgraded Acro wouldn't have done anything if you got GF turn one. This seemed very hard to pull off without some kind of retain. Would've been very satisfying to GF those slimes tho. It's funny that a complicated high risk card like GF is an immediate solve for Silent's nemesis, Slime Boss. Design in this game is just out of this world.

Take or skip Acro in act 1 remains a big Silent dilemma for me. Lack of energy and decent cards to draw into speaks against it, but it becomes such a gamechanger if you get more energy or discard stuff like tact/reflex in act 2.

I remain convinced that Silent Slime Boss act 1 (on A20) is the hardest challenge of this game. Heart, Time Eater, Shield 'n Spear... you got time to prep for that. Slime Boss in act 1? You only have 1 act to prepare for that shit, and you better pick every floor carefully. Even if you pick strong frontloaded damage like Prepared, you can still have a subpar split and wish you had Terror. And you can't really rely on poison (outside of Fumes) bc of the splits. Damage output is just so so poor early on with her.

Even after 1k hours I still feel like a noob when I have Slime Boss act 1 #156 that goes poorly. It's one of the only times when you can pull out the 'bad rng' card for defense. If you only see average strike+ cards like Flying Knee or you don't get combat relics to help, it's a major struggle.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
You can now pre-order Clad and Silent figures: https://youtooz.com/collections/slay-the-spire

There's been all this official merch lately and I'm just not a fan of the decisions made: I don't want a Neow plush and definitely not a... Corrupt Heart plush, what? So weird. Now they do these figures and they're in the Funko Pop style which I hate. I'm very much open to throwing money their way but I have to like the actual products and it's just not exciting enough. I'd buy detailed figures/statues of the main 4 in a heartbeat, or like a big group statue or something. But all this? Kinda meh.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad they included miniatures in the boardgame Kickstarter. 3D printing some model to mess and paint it was always something I had on mind as soon as I would find one with enough quality, so they served me exactly what I wanted (besides maybe the size, slighty bigger would have been perfect).

jMODJaH.png

March can't come soon enough.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Bumping this OT hoping others here have gotten back into this game since the sequel was announced. Or I'm sure there's some of you that never stopped.

Just finishing up an incredible run with The Silent, playing discard synergies and lucked out with an early Unceasing Top (whenever you have no cards in hand, draw a card). I played my entire deck on turn one against the final boss 😂

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
I have about 120hrs and have been constantly playing again the last few weeks. But man I'm struggling to get past A3, this game is just so hard 😭

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I recently got my highest score ever on a Silent A20 run: 3800! I picked a Bullet Time on a whim, then got Snecko and built myself a nice Blurricade. I don't think I took any damage from act 2 onwards. Perfect Heart fight too. Sneck, Predator and Doppelganger just gave me so much card draw and it was all free bc of the 2x Bullet Time. Will say tho that toxic egg on Silent is just a fantastic boost to your run.

0Wze6xz.jpeg

The score was weird since I had runs that feel more OP on Watcher but it was a very fun run.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Everything really, but mostly ironclad

Cool. With the higher levels you want to be committing to a certain type of deck early. A good one that's easy to use with the Ironclad is a block Deck that's centered around the body slam card.

I actually got good with the defect first as I think it's the most forgiving for having a sprawling unfocused deck.

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
Cool. With the higher levels you want to be committing to a certain type of deck early. A good one that's easy to use with the Ironclad is a block Deck that's centered around the body slam card.

I actually got good with the defect first as I think it's the most forgiving for having a sprawling unfocused deck.

Actually, your post helped me win A3 now using 2x Impervious and 2x Body Slam in my deck! Thanks :D