• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Talk about Momentary Bliss...
YUle3Q0.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tyron Kaymone Frampton, better known by his stage name slowthai,

Frampton Comes Alive!

gUlRHbp.jpg

<listens to bizarre on stage rant>

wSt3zkx.jpg

Frampton Goes BuBhai

this is the fastest I've ever gone from discovering a musician — to watching his career end.

Last edited:

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People fake surprised by this?

Videos basically a room full of rich kids whose parents work in the music industry with the nutcase from the local comprehensive on stage.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
User banned (1 day): antagonising users over multiple posts
Why y'all so quick to cancel? Why is that the only option? He could realise he was being garbage and do better. That's my idealistic hope for anyone.
People are coming in here like "I barely know this guy, but obviously this incident defines everything about his life."
People do awful things. That isn't an excuse, it's a response to the idea that any single example of someone doing such a thing will forever prevent them from being forgiven.

That's my response to this thread and its replies, not the incident.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Why y'all so quick to cancel? Why is that the only option? He could realise he was being garbage and do better. That's my idealistic hope for anyone.
People are coming in here like "I barely know this guy, but obviously this incident defines everything about his life."
People do awful things. That isn't an excuse, it's a response to the idea that any single example of someone doing such a thing will forever prevent them from being forgiven.

That's my response to this thread and its replies, not the incident.
I don't think anyone mentioned cancelling him but you. It's more he's never gonna offered big opportunities again after pulling shit like this as a new artist at an award ceremony full of industry bigwigs.

But cancel culture, amirite?!

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think anyone mentioned cancelling him but you. It's more he's never gonna offered big opportunities again after pulling shit like this as a new artist at an award ceremony full of industry bigwigs.

But cancel culture, amirite?!

I guess I saw a certainty that his career was over as long-term vindictiveness.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Not everyone is built to be elegantly wasted. It takes genetics, years of drug and alcohol use that will catch up with you to make that 'cool' off the cuff im fucked up rant.

I expect a rehab announcement in a 24 hours. Not to say he doesnt have a problem, but its interesting I know people struggling with substance abuse and they manage not to be asshats

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like Ryan tweeted about it....

She's kinda downplaying his behavior imo. Not only to her, which she has the right to say whatever she wants about, but to the audience

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I really need to start drive-bying every thread I see with someone in the title that I'm not familiar with.

Canadian politician? Lol I don't even know who that is

Japanese composer? I have never heard of this individual, just so you guys know

Rando game journalist being critical of some niche shit only a few nerds on ERA cares about? GUYS BTW I DON'T KNOW THAT MAN IN THE TITLE

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll never understand how "I'm too dumb to google stuff" became such a popular shit post.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Garbage sometimes makes its own way to the trash.

Also, dude wins an industry award and seems to sexually assault and harass a woman on stage and people are actually getting bent out of shape when some snide one-liner shitposts are made against him?

👀

Last edited:

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm old. Why are there a lot of people commenting on what KSI thinks of this thing? Did KSI do something daft and this is taking heat off him?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Why y'all so quick to cancel? Why is that the only option? He could realise he was being garbage and do better.
Who said it's the only option and why are you simultaneously removing nuance from a situation while also broadly criticizing people for doing so themselves?

Why is a small reaction post to assault and harassment an eternal pledge or desire to see them never succeed anywhere else in their life thereafter to you, instead of people being disgusted at someone acting in a disgusting manner and posting such on an internet message board.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Frampton Comes Alive!

gUlRHbp.jpg

<listens to bizarre on stage rant>

wSt3zkx.jpg

Frampton Goes BuBhai

this is the fastest I've ever gone from discovering a musician — to watching his career end.
More like Frampton Comes On A Little Strong!

Don't you tarnish the good name of Peter Frampton, you hear?

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I can barely make out what he is saying at all, and the only part I could make out for the woman is when she's saying he's so hot, she's wet and gonna fall off the stairs.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Katherine Ryan's statement is... interesting.

She's taking the stance of a powerful woman and comic who wasn't flustered by the sexual harassment. But I don't see anything 'sweet' about his behaviour.