• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
So it just occurred to me that going with the Antec VSK2000U means I have to purchase a $80 power supply, which completely negates the purpose of buying a mATX case in the first place.

Bleh, this is always so difficult.
there is also the In-Win CE685. Which is bigger, but comes with a 300W PSU. More expensive than the Antec but not by $80.

I'm guessing you are looking at a $80 Silverstone PSU, so worth mentioning that the PSU in the In-Win is surely not of the same quality, and more like those other less expensive 300W PSU of the same form factor in amazon.

Last edited:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I built a new-ish PC last year. Went from an i3 2100/8GB RAM/GTX 970 to a Ryzen 2600/16GB RAM/GTX 970. Handles basically everything I throw it's way. the main thing that made me build was SFF PCs. I hated my mini tower matx build and NEEDED to go itx. Ended up going with a GEEEK A50 and I'm pretty happy with it. Will post pics tomorrow.

eventually I'll swap my case for a Loque Ghost. Same size as my A50, but aluminum instead of acrylic.

Oct 29, 2017
So I just learned that those Europe-only Kolink cases are called Golden Field in the US.

The Kolink Satellite is the Golden Field N-1, and the Kolink Satellite Plus is called the Golden Field N-2S

Dare I say the smallest mATX cases you can buy? That is if they actually fit mATX, seems suspicious since they only have two PCIe brackets.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Ohh had no idea this thread was made. Living and working in Japan/possibly moving many times I made a mini-ITX with my friends help about 2 years ago. It's my first PC that was made with my own hands which is nice. Been tweaking it subtly every once and a while especially after I bought a new cpu fan and second SSD. Final Fantasy XIV kept making the dang thing over heat like crazy while more demanding games had it purring like a kitten still.

I'm too embarrassed to post a picture since my cable management is nuts at the moment haha.

Currently rocking a i5 and 1070 and its been handling most of the things I've thrown at it fine so still got a bit of time before I want to upgrade. Maybe a year or two into the next console generation I'll make a whole new little desk nugget.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
This is what I think I've settled on. If someone wants to suggest different components than I have here, I'm all ears. I was hoping to get out the door at $400 pre-tax, though I guess once you omit the cost of a Windows license, the speakers, and the KB&M I picked out I actually did.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($94.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Case: In Win BP655.FH300TB3 Mini ITX Tower Case w/300 W Power Supply ($70.00 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($22.99 @ Best Buy)
Speakers: Logitech Z200 0 nW 2.0 Channel Speakers ($24.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $542.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-23 15:59 EST-0500

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
You're not giving yourself much storage there. I suppose it depends on the types of games you're going to play but if you plan to install anything AAA with huge textures then 1 title could take up half your hard drive alone. You could juggle games via uninstalling if you play mostly 1 game at a time.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I went back and looked at your original post and yeah, your parents likely don't need 16gb of RAM. Go down to 8 and get a larger SSD would be my advice.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
You're not giving yourself much storage there. I suppose it depends on the types of games you're going to play but if you plan to install anything AAA with huge textures then 1 title could take up half your hard drive alone. You could juggle games via uninstalling if you play mostly 1 game at a time.

Sorry, I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I should have repeated it in the above post...this is actually a PC I'm building for my parents to replace their 9-year old Acer desktop. Basic internet use, word processing, e-mail, that kind of thing.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I went back and looked at your original post and yeah, your parents likely don't need 16gb of RAM. Go down to 8 and get a larger SSD would be my advice.

The 16GB of RAM is future proofing more than anything. I'm hoping this computer will get them another 10 years. There's only a $20 difference between 8GB and 16GB, which seems fair enough.

In regards to storage, I can't imagine they'll need even 250GB. the current computer they're using has a 1TB hard drive and I doubt they use a fraction of it. I'll hop on via Teamviewer in a bit and see what they're currently using up.

Not to mention that doubling the SSD storage even using the same brand and line is just $10 more.

Well, nevermind on the SSD part of my previous post.

Oct 27, 2017
I've totally gone deep down the SFF PC rabbit hole over the past year. Started out when I wanted to build a new PC and saw the Phanteks Evolv Shift and loved the look of it.

Ended up getting the Sliger SM580 this past summer:

I've actually done a bunch of tweaks to the SM580 since I first built it and took those pictures- I replaced the 3.5 inch drive in the bottom with another LL140mm fan (moved the 3.5" drive to my NAS), added some more RGB strips inside, larger chrome feet for the bottom and got the vented side panel on the GPU side since gaming in the summer with the acrylic panel was causing the 2080 Ti to get pretty toasty. Got a Pelican case to lug the SM580 around in too which gives a little more protection than the mixer bag I was originally using.

Now I'm just waiting for Sliger to come out with the Conswole so I can move my 1070 from my old Storm Scout case into that for a HTPC/VR rig.

And I'm tempted to get a Velka 3 or something really tiny just for the fun of it. I think I have more fun putting the PC together than actually gaming on it sometimes...

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I love mITX builds and have been doing them for years when the parts were a bit more expensive compared to today. Last summer I built a 3900x system in the NZXT H500and wanted to go mATX but there were no good boards so I ended up sticking with ATX getting a Taichi mobo. The resale value on my RAM and Taichi mobo will be good since I have 4 sticks on 32 GB ram so I'll need to buy 2x 16GB memory.

The last few weeks has me wanting to go back to mITX, while the Corsair Air 280x is not SFF I'm considering building an ITX in that so I can at least reuse my 280mm AIO and I do have a Asus Strix 1080 Ti that barely fits in most SFF cases. I wanted to do the build in the H200i, but there's issues with my 1080 Ti and 280mm rad fitting in the case. Once the next gen cards come out I'll consider going with a smaller case since I can get a less beefy card.

I'm really loving the look and performance of the ROG Strix X570 mobo so I'll probably get that. Has anyone used this board yet?

OP
OP
Bomblord

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
This is what I think I've settled on. If someone wants to suggest different components than I have here, I'm all ears. I was hoping to get out the door at $400 pre-tax, though I guess once you omit the cost of a Windows license, the speakers, and the KB&M I picked out I actually did.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Case: In Win BP655.FH300TB3 Mini ITX Tower Case w/300 W Power Supply ($70.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($22.99 @ Best Buy)

Motherboard is overkill unless you need the Wi-fi. And even then a $20 Wi-fi card will do you assuming your mobo has a free M.2 slot with the right keying. Additionally 16GB isn't really useful for a web browsing and word processing PC.

I've totally gone deep down the SFF PC rabbit hole over the past year. Started out when I wanted to build a new PC and saw the Phanteks Evolv Shift and loved the look of it.

Ended up getting the Sliger SM580 this past summer:

I've actually done a bunch of tweaks to the SM580 since I first built it and took those pictures- I replaced the 3.5 inch drive in the bottom with another LL140mm fan (moved the 3.5" drive to my NAS), added some more RGB strips inside, larger chrome feet for the bottom and got the vented side panel on the GPU side since gaming in the summer with the acrylic panel was causing the 2080 Ti to get pretty toasty. Got a Pelican case to lug the SM580 around in too which gives a little more protection than the mixer bag I was originally using.

Now I'm just waiting for Sliger to come out with the Conswole so I can move my 1070 from my old Storm Scout case into that for a HTPC/VR rig.

And I'm tempted to get a Velka 3 or something really tiny just for the fun of it. I think I have more fun putting the PC together than actually gaming on it sometimes...

That's an awesome looking little build thanks for sharing!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Motherboard is overkill unless you need the Wi-fi. And even then a $20 Wi-fi card will do you assuming your mobo has a free M.2 slot with the right keying. Additionally 16GB isn't really useful for a web browsing and word processing PC.

Cheapest motherboard that works with that case is only $7 less, and the Gigabyte had better reviews, so I figure I can pay $7 extra for better quality.

OP
OP
Bomblord

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Cheapest motherboard that works with that case is only $7 less, and the Gigabyte had better reviews, so I figure I can pay $7 extra for better quality.

Huh weird, I've seen b450 boards even in the mini-itx form factor for way cheaper but yea you're right. Carry on, my mistake.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I love mITX builds and have been doing them for years when the parts were a bit more expensive compared to today. Last summer I built a 3900x system in the NZXT H500and wanted to go mATX but there were no good boards so I ended up sticking with ATX getting a Taichi mobo. The resale value on my RAM and Taichi mobo will be good since I have 4 sticks on 32 GB ram so I'll need to buy 2x 16GB memory.

The last few weeks has me wanting to go back to mITX, while the Corsair Air 280x is not SFF I'm considering building an ITX in that so I can at least reuse my 280mm AIO and I do have a Asus Strix 1080 Ti that barely fits in most SFF cases. I wanted to do the build in the H200i, but there's issues with my 1080 Ti and 280mm rad fitting in the case. Once the next gen cards come out I'll consider going with a smaller case since I can get a less beefy card.

I'm really loving the look and performance of the ROG Strix X570 mobo so I'll probably get that. Has anyone used this board yet?
Are you referring to the Strix X570-i? I bought one for my itx build in the H210. Fantastic board, just missing things like usb 3.1 g2 header and a couple more fan headers but I can't complain about anything else. Of course they did add those and more to ROG Impact board for almost twice the price.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017

PCPartPicker Part List

you can get w10 keys for much cheaper.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
So I'm going back to my original plan and sticking with the ASRock DeskMini. It's cheaper than going with the $70 Inwin Case and the $120 Motherboard I posted above.

I see that NewEgg carries the rear audio cable accessory for $15, so I'll throw that in; their monitor is old enough that it only sports DVI & VGA, so I'll need a way to get audio out of the computer. It actually has built-in speakers, but those connect via a 3.5mm jack, so even if I opted to use that I'd still need a way to get audio out of the computer. That being said, the Creative Pebble speakers I picked out look pretty neat, apparently sound good for their price, and ain't that expensive, so in the cart they go.

Downgraded from the Ryzen 3 to the Athlon 3000G, because the more I think about it honestly even the Ryzen 3 is overkill for their needs. Also downgraded from 16GB of RAM to 8GB, as 16GB is similarly overkill. If I find that it's limiting for them in a few years I'll swap it out for 16GB at that time.

Was gonna opt for the often recommended Crucial MX500 SSD, but the Western Digital SN550 is apparently a bit faster and is only about $10 more to boot. I checked via Teamviewer last night and they're currently only using about 70GB of a 1TB HDD. If the drive in their current computer is a 2.5" drive by some miracle, I'll carry it over to be used as an Windows Backup drive, or maybe even drop it into an enclosure for backups that way.

I was initially concerned about the DeskMini's lack of USB ports, but I believe they're only using four right now: a wireless mouse receiver, a USB keyboard, a USB scanner and USB power for a dinky set of Acer speakers that shipped with their current computer. I'm replacing their keyboard and mouse with a new set that'll use a shared USB port, so that saves one port, which I think will make the included USB ports sufficient. (USB Power for Pebble Speakers & KB&M receiver on the back, scanner on the front.) Worst case scenario I'll pick up the $8 cable for additional USB ports down the line.

That's more or less it. I'd love suggestions on where to get legitimate Windows 10 keys, as if I can avoid paying the full $100 for that, I certainly won't complain.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($54.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Crucial 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Microsoft Desktop 900 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($29.32 @ Amazon)
Custom: ASRock DESKMINI A300W AMD Socket AM4 1 x HDMI Barebone System ($149.99)
Custom: Creative Pebble Plus 2.1 USB-Powered Desktop Speakers with Down-Firing Subwoofer and Far-Field Drivers, Up to 8W RMS Total Power for PCs and Laptops (Black) ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: ASRock Deskmini A300 REAR AUDIO CABLE Barebone Accessory ($14.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $376.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-24 15:01 EST-0500

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bomblord

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
So I'm going back to my original plan and sticking with the ASRock DeskMini. It's cheaper than going with the $70 Inwin Case and the $120 Motherboard I posted above.

I see that NewEgg carries the rear audio cable accessory for $15, so I'll throw that in; their monitor is old enough that it only sports DVI & VGA, so I'll need a way to get audio out of the computer. It actually has built-in speakers, but those connect via a 3.5mm jack, so even if I opted to use that I'd still need a way to get audio out of the computer. That being said, the Creative Pebble speakers I picked out look pretty neat, apparently sound good for their price, and ain't that expensive, so in the cart they go.

Downgraded from the Ryzen 3 to the Athlon 3000G, because the more I think about it honestly even the Ryzen 3 is overkill for their needs. Also downgraded from 16GB of RAM to 8GB, as 16GB is similarly overkill. If I find that it's limiting for them in a few years I'll swap it out for 16GB at that time.

Was gonna opt for the often recommended Crucial MX500 SSD, but the Western Digital SN550 is apparently a bit faster and is only about $10 more to boot. I checked via Teamviewer last night and they're currently only using about 70GB of a 1TB HDD. If the drive in their current computer is a 2.5" drive by miracle, I'll carry it over to be used as an Windows Backup drive, or maybe even drop it into an enclosure for backups that way.

I was initially concerned about the DeskMini's lack of USB ports, but I believe they're only using four right now: a wireless mouse receiver, a USB keyboard, a USB scanner and USB power for a dinky set of Acer speakers that shipped with their current computer. I'm replacing their keyboard and mouse with a new set that'll use a shared USB port, so that saves one port, which I think will make the included USB ports sufficient. (USB Power for Pebble Speakers & KB&M receiver on the back, scanner on the front.) Worst case scenario I'll pick up the $8 cable for additional USB ports down the line.

That's more or less it. I'd love suggestions on where to get legitimate Windows 10 keys, as if I can avoid paying the full $100 for that, I certainly won't complain.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($54.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Crucial 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Microsoft Desktop 900 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($29.32 @ Amazon)
Custom: ASRock DESKMINI A300W AMD Socket AM4 1 x HDMI Barebone System ($149.99)
Custom: Creative Pebble Plus 2.1 USB-Powered Desktop Speakers with Down-Firing Subwoofer and Far-Field Drivers, Up to 8W RMS Total Power for PCs and Laptops (Black) ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: ASRock Deskmini A300 REAR AUDIO CABLE Barebone Accessory ($14.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $376.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-24 15:01 EST-0500

Seems a lot more reasonable. The Deskmini even has built in Wifi :D

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Seems a lot more reasonable. The Deskmini even has built in Wifi :D

And bluetooth, which is neat. Fortunately their computer setup is right next to where the Cable/Telephone modem drops, so there's no real reason to not just have it directly connected to the Airport Express I have set up for them, but it's a nice option in case they ever decide to move it to another room for some reason.

I wish there was more options in the bluetooth keyboard & mouse space, but the only real combo kit I can seem to find it one from Microsoft for $70. It looks nice, but not nice enough to pay twice as much.

Edit: Maybe I'll be able to talk myself into building my own DeskMini for PC Gaming, but that's a rabbit hole I'm unsure if I'm ready to fall down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bomblord

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Edit: Maybe I'll be able to talk myself into building my own DeskMini for PC Gaming, but that's a rabbit hole I'm unsure if I'm ready to fall down.

Unless you're willing to run an external GPU (which actually is possible) you're going to be limited to the Vega 11 iGPU on the Ryzen 5 3400G. It'll run "esports" games pretty well but higher end stuff it'll chug on anything higher than low 720p and sometimes even then.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Are you referring to the Strix X570-i? I bought one for my itx build in the H210. Fantastic board, just missing things like usb 3.1 g2 header and a couple more fan headers but I can't complain about anything else. Of course they did add those and more to ROG Impact board for almost twice the price.

Yup, I was referring to the X570-i. That really stinks on the lack of fan headers, the only good thing with the case I am looking at I can hook up the fans to the fan hub so that should help with that issue. That ROG Impact board is way too overpriced IMO.

The H200 is a wonderful case, wish my video card wasn't a 2.5 slot or else I'd be all over that case.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Or just don't activate it >_>

Win 10 runs indefinitely unactivated just have to deal with a watermark and you lose the ability to easily change your desktop background.
Of course, this is just assuming he wants an activated version of it. As far legitimacy of the codes go, I'm not sure. I've never encountered a problem with buying them through eBay, but have heard about windows requiring reactivation down the line.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Yup, I was referring to the X570-i. That really stinks on the lack of fan headers, the only good thing with the case I am looking at I can hook up the fans to the fan hub so that should help with that issue. That ROG Impact board is way too overpriced IMO.

The H200 is a wonderful case, wish my video card wasn't a 2.5 slot or else I'd be all over that case.
I actually have the 1070 version of the Strix card and yeah I couldn't fit my previous AIO in, I decided to just go in on a noctua cooler, love it so far, very quiet and very efficient.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Unless you're willing to run an external GPU (which actually is possible) you're going to be limited to the Vega 11 iGPU on the Ryzen 5 3400G. It'll run "esports" games pretty well but higher end stuff it'll chug on anything higher than low 720p and sometimes even then.

That's all I would really want, as I wouldn't want to put anymore money into it. I'm kinda at the point as it is where I'd rather just drop the $350 on a XBox One X instead.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap, thanks Bomblord! Subbed. I don't have a gaming PC, but at some point I'd like a small one. I'm thinking maybe the Intel NUC. What are your thoughts on using an NUC to play Gamecube games via Dolphin? Also some older PC games like the Dead Space trilogy? Is the system too weak?

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I actually have the 1070 version of the Strix card and yeah I couldn't fit my previous AIO in, I decided to just go in on a noctua cooler, love it so far, very quiet and very efficient.

The Strix cards are fantastic but those coolers are beefy. Noctua coolers are really good. If I didn't have the 3900x I could get away with a smaller AIO but I need a 240-280mm for it, and my 280mm is a tight fit in the H200 which I've seen some squeeze it in the front of the case.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Corsair One count? It's probably what I'd get if I was swimming in cash and wanted to hook up something to my home theater.

d9f3jXBwhb.jpg
Man, I want this but it's so expensive!

OP
OP
Bomblord

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Oh snap, thanks Bomblord! Subbed. I don't have a gaming PC, but at some point I'd like a small one. I'm thinking maybe the Intel NUC. What are your thoughts on using an NUC to play Gamecube games via Dolphin? Also some older PC games like the Dead Space trilogy? Is the system too weak?

For emulation an i5 or greater NUC (recent) is an awesome option! It'll reliably do up to PS2.

Malakai

Oct 27, 2017

That isn't even true. It more like 900p Med (or 1080p low) w/ fps being a bit over 30 and in some games pushing near 60.

It get tiresome w/ folks always overstating what is needed to play game on PC.

Feb 1, 2018
Loving this thread. Here's my rig- mostly use it for Cities Skylines, MCC, and AOE2. It's evangelion themed ⁎⁺˳✧༚

Specs:
SG13 Pink
Ryzen 2600
ASRock B450 gaming ITX (hate this motherboard tbh)
Zotac 1070ti Mini
16GB Corsair 2666mhz
EVGA 550W PS
Crucial 500GB SATA m.2
Arctic 120mm fan

Will likely be upgrading to 4-series Ryzen later this year + nvidia 3070S or whatever it'll be called. Also considering going to 1TB NVME, I shouldn't have cheaped out with SATA and 500GB. And finally 32GB of faster RAM, because my Cities file is full of mods and chugs. Fuck it, guess I'm just rebuilding the entire thing I guess.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Loving this thread. Here's my rig- mostly use it for Cities Skylines, MCC, and AOE2. It's evangelion themed ⁎⁺˳✧༚

Specs:
SG13 Pink
Ryzen 2600
ASRock B450 gaming ITX (hate this motherboard tbh)
Zotac 1070ti Mini
16GB Corsair 2666mhz
EVGA 550W PS
Crucial 500GB SATA m.2
Arctic 120mm fan

Will likely be upgrading to 4-series Ryzen later this year + nvidia 3070S or whatever it'll be called. Also considering going to 1TB NVME, I shouldn't have cheaped out with SATA and 500GB. And finally 32GB of faster RAM, because my Cities file is full of mods and chugs. Fuck it, guess I'm just rebuilding the entire thing I guess.

Love the SG13, such a wonderful ITX case. Silverstone has the SG14 out this year, but I feel it loses that charm that the SG13 has.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
That isn't even true. It more like 900p Med (or 1080p low) w/ fps being a bit over 30 and in some games pushing near 60.

It get tiresome w/ folks always overstating what is needed to play game on PC.

I have a 1080p TV and I have no problem playing games at 720p if necessary.

Plus I've got an old 720p 19" TV in the closet that I'd probably dig out specifically as a computer display. It's like fifteen years old but it'll get the job done.

caphisuada

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my rig that I built a few months ago.
Wanted something small to pack away neatly in my bookcase so that was a big reason in going with a SFF for my first ever PC build.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard - Asus ROG Strix B450-I
Video Card - Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U9S
Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB
Power Supply - Corsair SF 600
Storage - Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" SSD
Storage - Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME
Case Fan - Noctua NF-A9 PWM 92 mm Fan
Case Fan - 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 120 mm Fan

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I like the SG13 too, but the build quality/fit and finish definitely screams "This was $40" ..because it was

Yeah it totally does come off as a $40 case for sure. I had built in one when the case first came out, I actually had to have my front panel replaced because there was issues with it. Tony at SilverStone is an awesome guy and got me taken care of ASAP.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool I didn't know this was a thread. I just built my new PC and my girlfriend built her first PC, both in Node 202s. My endgame case would be the Dr Zaber Sentry 2 though. I'm just waiting for either the next round of pre-orders or them to go on sale in general, because people are scalping theirs for insane prices on eBay.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
We building consoles now fam !!

I remember when huge tower PC were all the rage and that turned me off from building a PC. I've always went small form factor. The thing to consider is the cooling inside the case. SFF don't allow too many things to "breathe". However, the architecture some PC builders construct is a work of art when they fit alot of things in the case.

Also cleaning the inside of your PC every now and again, my olsce gets dusty so I'm on it every 3 months or so.

#build

OP
OP
Bomblord

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
We building consoles now fam !!

I remember when huge tower PC were all the rage and that turned me off from building a PC. I've always went small form factor. The thing to consider is the cooling inside the case. SFF don't allow too many things to "breathe". However, the architecture some PC builders construct is a work of art when they fit alot of things in the case.

Also cleaning the inside of your PC every now and again, my olsce gets dusty so I'm on it every 3 months or so.

#build

Console sized is a good goal lol. And for dust I've found a good fan setup and a dust filter does wonders for that. I had an old build with a magnetic mesh filter and it was clean even after running for nearly a year because the only intake was filtered and every other fan was blowing out.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
I just recently bought a Ncase M1 so I'll eventually put together a sff build whenever I get a job that lets me come home more than once every month and a half.