• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
VOD is here: https://mixer.com/Halo?vod=72517605

Currently:
  • Spartan customization will be Reach inspired. They said they know a lot of people liked that level of customization and will pleased with what Infinite has.
  • Infinite will have 4 player splitscreen
  • The Slipspace engine was developed with PC in mind when it comes to different hardware combinations.
  • Black undersuits for spartans are confirmed (all parts that aren't metal). The art department is aware the demand for it.
  • Halo 5 players who reach Spartan Rank 152(max rank) will receive an award in Halo Infinite.

• 4 Player Split screen confirmed. No details if it's limited to SP or MP only.
  • An other reason for a new engine was that they hit a content limit with Halo 5.
  • 343i will have an internal tournament on an Infinite build at the start of the year.
  • They are in the process of rebuilding their Pro Team and Competetive Halo will play a role in the future.

Last edited:

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Black undersuits. Finally. I can rest easy knowing the armor will look nice.

I'm so fucking happy right now

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man I can't wait for this game. It brings me back to Halo 1 every time I watch the trailer. Match that with the visuals on an XB1X or next gen and idk if my eyes can handle it.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Man I'm so hyped for this game

MS almost killed it with all the rushed ass games but finally where getting something that seems like a evolution on what was established in Reach.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
All sounds great so far.
Hope they deliver this time around. Take as much time as possible.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Those all sound great. Very excited for this and I hope it does well. I need Halo to come back strong.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
  • An other reason for a new engine was that they hit a content limit with Halo 5.
  • 343i will have an internal tournament on an Infinite build at the start of the year.
  • They are in the process of rebuilding their Pro Team and Competetive Halo will play a role in the future.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
  • Spartan customization will be Reach inspired. They said they know a lot of people liked that level of customization and will pleased with what Infinite has.
  • Black undersuits for spartans are confirmed (all parts that aren't metal). The art department is aware the demand for it.

God bless.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'll update more if it comes along with adding the full VoD but the stream is happening right now: https://mixer.com/halo

Currently:
  • The Slipspace engine was developed with PC in mind when it comes to different hardware combinations.
  • Halo 5 players who reach Spartan Rank 152(max rank) will receive an award in Halo Infinite.

I hope the Spartan Rank system isn't as boring and inconsequential as it was in H5. Endlessly grinding to Unlock 151 emblems I'll never use isn't a reward. Putting a cherry on top of rank 152 won't mean anything if the rest of the journey is a slog.

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Will add!

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I thought the game was years away, for them to be able to play matches is super interesting. Maybe, just maybe this can and will release Spring of 2020!!!?

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
VOD is here: https://mixer.com/Halo?vod=72517605

Currently:

This is so nice. But it was obvious, the game would come to PC

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Spartan Rank system isn't as boring and inconsequential as it was in H5. Endlessly grinding to Unlock 151 emblems I'll never use isn't a reward. Putting a cherry on top of rank 152 won't mean anything if the rest of the journey is a slog.

I just have to laugh, because I know what the exponential EXP curve looks like to reach SR152. I ended up on SR145 and that's 15.5% of the total EXP required. Played for a year and have over 20 days of playtime in total.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I didn't notice black undersuits being gone in 5? That was a thing?
People endlessly whined about the undersuits having colors in 4-5 (the white here would match the color of the armor)

h5_cos_techsuit_male-bc8b3b1b7469434d9b8f18a5bc404307.jpg

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Finally. The armour designs in 4 and espcially 5, from what i saw of 5, looked pretty horrendous. Reach and 3 were the perfect design of slim and usable but still having a 'rule of cool' about them.

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
I'm so happy from all of this. Having a playable build running well enough to do tournaments on sets this game up great for a Scarlett launch titles in 2020.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Totally happy to hear it'll have 4 player split screen. That is awesome!

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Man I can't wait for this game. It brings me back to Halo 1 every time I watch the trailer. Match that with the visuals on an XB1X or next gen and idk if my eyes can handle it.

Agree. It feels like Halo is going back to what made it popular in the first place. I also can't wait to see the Slipspace engine in action.

My hope is that we also get some unique multiplayer maps with charm and character. So many multiplayer maps today feel so sterile and boring because they have to be perfectly optimized for competitive play, which means they have to contain certain design elements. The result is that fun, aysmmetrical, and unique maps (Hang Em High, Chill Out, Lockout, etc) cease to exist, and are replaced with maps that traded in uniqueness for competitive viability.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the process of rewatching the stuff that I missed and I caught something interesting:

• Halo: Infinite will have a flighting program similiar to the MCC flighting program. Meaning that you will be able to play before release and that you can give feedback. They also said that the flighting program will come to PC at some point, but it will start on consoles 1st.

This is something that they have said before, but I'm sure that some people missed this news.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some photoshopped comparisons on Halo 5 armor for Black undersuits vs colored:

The problem was, especially for the more complex armor compared to the Bungie games, that the colored undersuits took away at-a-glance definition in-game, making all of the non-helmet armors blend together.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some photoshopped comparisons on Halo 5 armor for Black undersuits vs colored:

The problem was, especially for the more complex armor compared to the Bungie games, that the colored undersuits took away at-a-glance definition in-game, making all of the non-helmet armors blend together.
you forgot the gloves

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I just have to laugh, because I know what the exponential EXP curve looks like to reach SR152. I ended up on SR145 and that's 15.5% of the total EXP required. Played for a year and have over 20 days of playtime in total.

You clearly haven't purchased enough req packs. You should have 30% of the XP needed by now.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Agree. It feels like Halo is going back to what made it popular in the first place. I also can't wait to see the Slipspace engine in action.

My hope is that we also get some unique multiplayer maps with charm and character. So many multiplayer maps today feel so sterile and boring because they have to be perfectly optimized for competitive play, which means they have to contain certain design elements. The result is that fun, aysmmetrical, and unique maps (Hang Em High, Chill Out, Lockout, etc) cease to exist, and are replaced with maps that traded in uniqueness for competitive viability.

I wish people would stop blaming competitive for bad design. Why did this become the scape goat? Every map you just mentioned had "competitive viability". And were/are used in competitive circuits.

Being asymmetrical doesn't make a map non viable for competitive nor does it ensure unique design. In fact several of the Halo 5 competitive maps were asymmetrical (rig, Plaza, eden). Likewise aiming for competitive viability doesn't require making a map "sterile" or "boring".

H5 maps felt sterile and boring because the designers settled on uninteresting themes and then reused Each boring theme to make "remix" maps.

Last edited:

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Sounds great! Reach had my favourite designs in the franchise by far. I liked how personal and rugged the Spartan armour looked for Noble team. Rather than looking all manufactured, I like how stuff looked bolted on by the Spartans themselves and the armour had a lot more personality for it. Probably won't go that style but to hear Reach is an influence is promising in and of itself.