• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashwidget

Jan 3, 2018
There's not much to go on right now beyond 9 or so fighters obscured by flame, but I can't help but get really excited about this new iteration.

It's with that hype that I ask, "What's your biggest hope for the new Smash?"

I've got a few.

1: The return of wavedashing and the Melee airdodging mechanics, 'cause I feel that those things added a lot to make the game fun to learn and play.

2: All the missing veterans such as Wolf, Pichu and Ice Climbers return. I don't think it's possible not to be totally down for this.

3: Stage hazard toggle so we can consider stages like Pyrosphere and Halberd for tournaments

4: lots of fun skins for characters like the various outfits in Odyssey and BotW, or *gasp* actual Shiny forms for the Pokemon fighters. I know I'm going to main Mario if we can play using the clown suit.

What're your Smash Switch hopes? What're your thoughts on mine?

its_Ditz

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sakurai not giving in and making this a casual-friendly and easy to pick-up-and-play title for all ages with depth but without focusing on 1vs1

Fight me

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please use the official announcement thread if you want to discuss Smash Bros. Also, do not create threads modelled after ones that have just been locked. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.