• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting avengers spoilers to pop up soon as stage names or stages being just written words.
Kinda figured this would happen and I'll bet nazi stuff gets posted next

I saw a buncha "SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDS" stages last night with the words all written out and that was it.
I also saw Nazi stuff last night.

skipperboy

Jan 24, 2019
These are pretty hilarious, I'll have to say. I think there are more important things to worry about than moderating what crazy stages users post. People just need to take a chill pill and laugh.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing my part and reporting what I can find, but it seems like the toxic content was pretty frontloaded because while I am coming across some things it's not nearly as many or as horrible as people were finding when the thread started. Perhaps the paid online subscription system actually is clamping down on people's ability to make alts and getting them decisively banned? Gosh, I can only hope.

Uploaded a couple of child-safe stages of my own as well, but that's throwing dirt into the ocean as far as all this is concerned admittedly.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
These are pretty hilarious, I'll have to say. I think there are more important things to worry about than moderating what crazy stages users post. People just need to take a chill pill and laugh.

Nah, I won't laugh at a stage representing a tragedy in which planes were flown into buildings and people died.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy Shit at September! Come on!

Miiverse: Nov. 2012 - Nov 2017

Smash Ultimate stage builder: April 2019 - April 2019? :(

Star Falcon

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Climax and Mario Pissing are hilarious.

Honestly, Nintendo only have themselves to blame if they didn't want this to happen.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This definitely was. I don't know why they thought folks could make good smash stages worth sharing online, when even the dev team cranks out a few duds.

This will just be dicks and memes.

What makes it impossible for a user to make a good stage in Smash? The tools are there.

Nintendo themselves have had great success with the Mario Maker series, even though I'd argue most of the user uplpoaded levels in the first game were garbage too. It's all worth it for the fun of making levels and playing the 10% of the creations that are above par or excellent in quality.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
*mild shock*

You really surprised by this? This was just a matter of time.

The climax got me good lol. Its even animated oh my god

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
We played That's You on PS4 Playlink on new year's eve, group of people in their mid 30's, EVERY TIME you had to draw something there were dicks. You think after the first 10 people would realize it's not funny? Nope.

I think it's the easy way out for people who don't have an ounce of creativity or humor in them.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
User Banned (3 days): Hostility, history of infractions.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they didn't have the foresight - with a tool that lets you draw stages that look like anything at all - to include a report feature or any kind of moderation for stage sharing.

Nintendo kinda brought this on themselves.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Why should that poster be concerned about your child?
Aside from that terrorist stage or any racist imagery, i personally don't care about what is moderated.
We should, in general, care about other people. The game has a rating that says it's appropriate for a certain age, so the content should be moderated accordingly.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
How can ANYONE act surprised about this after what happened with Mario Odyssey's balloon minigame?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
c3e.jpg