• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
3V0Hw6V.jpg

So.. Uh... Yeah... (NSFW-ish warning)

jIJ1AXY.jpg

QdEQCFP.jpg

n4IuHmj.jpg

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
That's definitely sad and will most likely mean that they'll take this feature down, but I love that there is already a "Loss" stage day 1.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is really sad. And parents will let their kids play this and not even know about it. Just wtf is wrong with these people who make these.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of the internet in a nutshell right there. Awesome stages like Tetris and Sans' Fight right next to terrible edgy meme content.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Every game that I've worked on that has had a discussion about User Generated Content, the measurement that is always brought up first is "Time to Penis"

I'm not even joking.

Needless to say, none of this surprises me.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah thats not good. Without some pretty heavy moderation this kind of thing can never fly. They need to have some approval queue where a person gives a stage the go before letting it out into the wild.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there will be racist/pro-trump stuff soon, if there isn't already. For a while the only thing I saw in the Splatoon 2 drawings were anti-trans stuff (near launch).

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I actually laughed at the Climax one, I thought at worst you'd get things like the 9/11 one, but I didn't consider that the stage builder was robust enough for things like that. But yeah you can report them, so I guess you'll be seeing less of those eventually.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Version 3.0.1 Patch Notes:
  • We removed Stage Editor because y'all can't control yourselves.
  • No, seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I logged in for the first time, like the second level there was "The N Word", which was literally the platform for the stage. Surprised but also not surprised.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Credit where credit is due: the Climax stage is pretty nicely drawn at least.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there not a review process (by human) before the stages are being published and used by other players?

The game has sold 12+ million copies, right? What's stopping them from investing a little bit of those money in moderation to prevent this?