• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah Dixie could've been unique, but I would've rather just had her as an echo with a DK-esque ponytail recovery Chrom-style than no Dixie at all.

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah Dixie could've been unique, but I would've rather just had her as an echo with a DK-esque ponytail recovery Chrom-style than no Dixie at all.
Dixie has gameplay difference with Diddy built into her design. Far more likelier than an echo Dixie is Dixie pulling Kiddy Kong out of her hair and utilizing the hated baby to attack.

Keep in mind that the Dixie Kong spirit's final form in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong. Very interesting.

Jun 23, 2018
Canada

Same, at this point I really just want her in before Funky eclipses her in popularity as the trends are seeming to go. And also the lack of Tropical Freeze music is just a glaring oversight by the music team imo. We get DK content but we gotta beg for it and play catchup, it sucks

That was pretty much the first time Kiddy Kong was even acknowledged in Smash Bros., wasn't it?

Wasn't even a sticker back in Brawl

This is the first Smash that's referenced anything about DKC3 at all iirc.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The United State's hate for Tingle is why they will never actually be number one.

Pause

Feb 22, 2018
Alt costumes yes, but with genderswap characters they've been consistent. It alternates every other costume. There's no doubt in my mind this file has no bearing on a female Joker. If it does happen, it'd be completely unrelated to this particular file.
For what it's worth, they could consider "Jane" a different character from Joker, and thus not alternate.

WFT, Inkling, Robin, & Corrin, are all technically the same character. But Olimar and Alph are different characters, so it's 4 straight Olimar alts, then 4 Alphs.

If "Jane" is a female P5 Protag, and gets a different codename, she could be considered a separate character, like how P3 Hamuko is considered different from P3 Minato.

In that case, it'd make sense for her to follow Olimar/Alph's conventions, instead of the other characters.

Not sure if that's actually the case, but it could be worth considering.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
For what it's worth, they could consider "Jane" a different character from Joker, and thus not alternate.

WFT, Inkling, Robin, & Corrin, are all technically the same character. But Olimar and Alph are different characters, so it's 4 straight Olimar alts, then 4 Alphs.

If "Jane" is a female P5 Protag, and gets a different codename, she could be considered a separate character, like how P3 Hamuko is considered different from P3 Minato.

In that case, it'd make sense for her to follow Olimar/Alph's conventions, instead of the other characters.

You know what, that actually is a very good point. All the other genderswaps share a name, but if it exists, it's likely femJoker will have a unique name like the P3 protag. If that's the case, it's entirely possible they do the Pikmin thing and the file is for a genderswap Joker after all. The plot thickens...

DeniroSerafim

Apr 5, 2018
All the Dixie and Tingle discussion is refreshing to see. I'm not going to be mad if the fighter pass ends up being mostly or all third party characters, but I would love to have more Nintendo made characters in, there's still quite a few that I feel would be great additions.

Pause

Feb 22, 2018
You know what, that actually is a very good point. All the other genderswaps share a name, but if it exists, it's likely femJoker will have a unique name like the P3 protag. If that's the case, it's entirely possible they do the Pikmin thing and the file is for a genderswap Joker after all. The plot thickens...
tumblr_mjzk1ibFxZ1r6406qo1_1280.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Makoto Yuki is the canon name for P3MC, not Minato Arisato. It's even a neutral name, so FeMC can retain the Makoto name.

With that said, if Ren/Joker gets a female variant, she'd need a new real name (Rin Amamiya, perhaps), but she'd retain the Joker code name.

Stevetry

Feb 24, 2019
The fact that so much of the base Persona 5 game would need to change to accommodate a female option is what really goes against this whole Female Joker.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
The fact that so much of the base Persona 5 game would need to change to accommodate a female option is what really goes against this whole Female Joker.
The fact that so much of the base game would have to change is why I want it so bad.
It would make for an excellent second run-through.
And roleplaying as a girl is fun.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They want people to double dip on a 60 dollar game.
Whatever change needed for fem Joker is still way below the resources and costs of a complete new title.

I mean look what they added to a "niche" release like Catherine for the new version. P5R is whats gonna keep them going and selling for the next 1-2 years until they are ready to talk about the next P mainline game.

Pause

Feb 22, 2018
Makoto Yuki is the canon name for P3MC, not Minato Arisato. It's even a neutral name, so FeMC can retain the Makoto name.

With that said, if Ren/Joker gets a female variant, she'd need a new real name (Rin Amamiya, perhaps), but she'd retain the Joker code name.
That is technically true, but the point still stands - Hamuko and Minato/Makoto are considered different characters, unlike Corrin/Robin/Inklings/WFT.

Also I choose to use Minato Arisato whenever possible, because it's a tremendously better name.

It's still theoretically possible for a P5 F Joker to have a different codename. I dunno if it's likely, but it's possible. There's also no real confirmation she has to have a different codename, since she can be a different character and still be called Joker, and the Jane codename could reference her model differences from M Joker.
Whatever change needed for fem Joker is still way below the resources and costs of a complete new title.

I mean look what they added to a "niche" release like Catherine for the new version. P5R is whats gonna keep them going and selling for the next 1-2 years until they are ready to talk about the next P mainline game.
That's actually a great point, that no one mentions.

Yeah, an F Joker would be a huge undertaking, but they added a surprisingly large amount of new content to Catherine, a game that never even really needed to be ported in the first place.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How well-known are the Dragon Quest x Smash Bros. rumors? I was a bit surprised to see a streamer not exactly known for staying on top of current topics mention it.

Stevetry

Feb 24, 2019
Whatever change needed for fem Joker is still way below the resources and costs of a completely new title.

And they can do that by not wasting resources on changing a lot and I mean A LOT of the base game.

As in Persona 4, the plot in 5 was made with a Male MC in mind as stated by the series director when asking about why there were no females in 4 and 5.

Here how you should look at this what is more possible.

Atlus changing 70% if the base to accommodate a female Protagonist, Re-animating anime scenes creating a new set of character for her as in p3P

or

Minimal changes to the base game while adding an expansion to the story, new characters, probably a new anime scene, Dungeons, and extended timeline?

Do they go the P3P route or the go the Golden route? for a game that let's be real won't sell as much as the original.

I'm not saying is impossible the could do it they could put the work that is required but cmon is freaking Atlus.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
And they can do that by not wasting resources on changing a lot and I mean A LOT of the base game.

As in Persona 4, the plot in 5 was made with a Male MC in mind as stated by the series director when asking about why there were no females in 4 and 5.

Here how you should look at this what is more possible.

Atlus changing 70% if the base to accommodate a female Protagonist, Re-animating anime scenes creating a new set of character for her as in p3P

or

Minimal changes to the base game while adding an expansion to the story, new characters, probably a new anime scene, Dungeons, and extended timeline?

Do they go the P3P route or the go the Golden route? for a game that let's be real won't sell as much as the original.

I'm not saying is impossible the could do it they could put the work that is required but cmon is freaking Atlus.
P3P worked really well for it because I don't think people remember how paired down the overworld was in that version of the game.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very generous of Nintendo to advertise a PS4 exclusive.

I think that TGA was a statement to everyone that we are all in this together. Nintendo said themselves they want the Smash DLC to be crazy. I think it's a great opportunity for Nintendo to bring PS4 and Xbox fans to the Switch by letting them play as exclusives. The Switch will be a monster in the US as the 2nd console that everyone buys. Not just be a section of the gaming base.

I for one jumped out of my chair and will buy the Smash pass with no intention of ever rebuying P5 because I don't double dip. Not that I think the games is coming to Switch because it's not.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think that TGA was a statement to everyone that we are all in this together. Nintendo said themselves they want the Smash DLC to be crazy. I think it's a great opportunity for Nintendo to bring PS4 and Xbox fans to the Switch by letting them play as exclusives. The Switch will be a monster in the US as the 2nd console that everyone buys. Not just be a section of the gaming base.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo don't want Switch to be the "2nd console" after Wii U fiasco. That's a risky goal. Not everyone can afford 2 consoles and Nintendo wants to get to those people before others.

Also Joker in Smash is more likely to sell PS4s to Smash fans rather than selling Switch to PS4 owners, if P5R Switch is not real. Smash has nothing to offer to people who are not interested in Nintendo franchises. But Smash owners are likely to want to play P5 after having Joker in Smash.

Jul 24, 2018

Her codename will be Harlquin.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure Nintendo don't want Switch to be the "2nd console" after Wii U fiasco. That's a risky goal. Not everyone can afford 2 consoles and Nintendo wants to get to those people before others.

Also Joker in Smash is more likely to sell PS4s to Smash fans rather than selling Switch to PS4 owners, if P5R Switch is not real. Smash has nothing to offer to people who are not interested in Nintendo franchises. But Smash owners are likely to want to play P5 after having Joker in Smash.
No, it has plenty to offer to people who aren't interested in Nintendo's other franchises; an amazing multiplayer game. With or without Nintendo characters, it's first and foremost great to play

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if y'all are being serious that y'all are boycotting Joker because we might not getting Persona 5 on Smash? So are you being serious?