• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there are no western characters included in Smash DLC or the next Smash, how many female characters do we expect to be added in the next several years.

Because beyond 2B, Jill, Chun-li, you have to start digging fairly deep into Final Fantasy before you get into famous female characters from Japan.

Miku
Cirno
Saber

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If atlus relationship with Nintendo is so close as you guys make it why it seems so hard to P5 to release on switch? I mean even if Jason is wrong and P5 is ported, they still have chosen to announce P5R only for PS4 so far
I'm not sure how that detracts from it. Prominence is prominence.

Likewise, no one thinks Eliwood would make it into Smash before Lyn.
That is because people think Hector would make it into Smash before lyn

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If atlus relationship with Nintendo is so close as you guys make it why it seems so hard to P5 to release on switch? I mean even if Jason is wrong and P5 is ported, they still have chosen to announce P5R only for PS4 so far

For all we know Sony has an exclusivity deal for main Persona titles.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it does get ported I would assume its a nintendo issue at that point. They would probably be saving it for a direct or something

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Not the first time a Switch version has been announced at a later date.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Demitri would be cool, I liked his interactions with Dante in PxZ

tumblr_nm27cs2uCv1sd4mmco1_400.gif

Pause

Feb 22, 2018
Because they can make a huge announcement where they show of a ton of footage and also announce a Switch version at the same time
For all we know Sony has an exclusivity deal for main Persona titles.
There's no reason to think that. Persona 1/2 came out when Nintendo had the N64; 3/4 came out when Nintendo had GameCube/Wii; and when P5 released in Japan, the Switch straight up didn't exist yet. It's not rocket science as to why the games hadn't been ported so far. Just wait for the concert - there's literally no obstacles towards P5 coming to Switch.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The fact that every character comes with a new stage does not paint an optimistic picture for characters from established series.

Even Incineroar did not receive a Sun/Moon stage.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
You silly kids and stanning for one-off Zelda characters that will never be anything more than an assist trophy in Smash

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Urbosa would be amazing on the basis of being a huge, muscular woman of color, all uncommon qualities for female characters.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If it does get ported I would assume its a nintendo issue at that point. They would probably be saving it for a direct or something
Yeah
Nintendo does this some time and it's head scratching. Like when they had skyrim in the switch announcement video but didn't officially confirm the game and Bethesda couldn't comment on it. Then months later it finally got announced. Bizarre decisions sometimes

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
You silly kids and stanning for one-off Zelda characters that will never be anything more than an assist trophy in Smash
You weren't supposed to point this out...

See this is why games like Hyrule Warriors will always have demand since it's the best chance to get non triforce playable characters.
...Or a mobile spinoff

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This is the one that's perfect for Smash. I get OoT Ganon was used for the boss for consistency with Ganondorf, but LTTP Ganon is the GOAT design for a fighting game.

He's by far the best choice for a Zelda newcomer. He's visually and mechanically unique from every other fighter in the game and would at least give us a more authentic version of the main villain of Zelda.

But most Zelda fans are sick of Triforce characters.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we are being completely honest with ourselves, all the champions in botw have awful characterization.

Mipha is the best out of them tho

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If we are being completely honest with ourselves, all the champions in botw have awful characterization.

Mipha is the best out of them tho
I thought she was the worst, she seemed like a stereotypical waifu bait character honestly. Urbosa was the best by default, but overall I didn't really care about any of them.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought she was the worst, she seemed like a stereotypical waifu bait character honestly. Urbosa was the best by default, but overall I didn't really care about any of them.
I think the love plot for Mipha was comically shoehorned in, but at least she had aspirations that kind of fit into theme of the game. I dont think I remember that much about the other 3 outside of their personalities

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's by far the best choice for a Zelda newcomer. He's visually and mechanically unique from every other fighter in the game and would at least give us a more authentic version of the main villain of Zelda.

But most Zelda fans are sick of Triforce characters.

He'd be great. The closest thing in Smash to him is K. Rool, but he'd be like another superheavy with zoning. Can use dead man's volley, teleportation, the trident for long reach.

But yeah I think the thing getting in his way is just that he's an alt form of a character already in the game. Fans would rally behind a unique Zelda character, no matter their chances. (Skull Kid...)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay so if Sakurai pulled a Pirahna Plant and put in a Zelda Mook, who would you choose?

Apart from obviously a Deku Baba Echo I'd be fucking down for Lizalfos.