• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So do you care to express any comment on Urbossa as a character or do you feel fine calling it sexist just looking at her feet apparently?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Thank god, a new page.

Official Staff Communication
This thread is about the Persona/DQ info gathered from datamining Smash Ultimate. Stay on topic. There are other Smash Bros threads to discuss other topics.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So where is Jane? Joker seems to have quite a few skins so that doesn't leave room for her to be an alternate anymore...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So where is Jane? Joker seems to have quite a few skins so that doesn't leave room for her to be an alternate anymore...

Still got a week till anything they show at the concerts, so if there's anything, we'd probably learn it then.

EDIT: oh, right, he's out tomorrow ain't he

dunno then, huh

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Joker doesn't use Jack Frost in any of his attacks and this was also a strong part of both 5ch leaks. Also, with P5R (which may also not be a "complete version" as the leak said) and P5S unlikely to be announced for Switch given the latest rumors I think it's safe to say the 5ch leaks are dead for good (if Jane ends up being an unrelated character it further confirms the second leak wrong since none of the 4 leaked characters have ponytails)

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
No jack frost and momentos being an obvious guess makes these leaks a lot less credible to me.

Which is fine, I find most leaks to be BS anyway.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Joker doesn't use Jack Frost in any of his attacks and this was also a strong part of both 5ch leaks. Also, with P5R (which may also not be a "complete version" as the leak said) and P5S unlikely to be announced for Switch given the latest rumors I think it's safe to say the 5ch leaks are dead for good (if Jane ends up being an unrelated character it further confirms the second leak wrong since none of the 4 leaked characters have ponytails)

What were the latest rumors?

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
DQ leak being wrong opens up more room for Pheonix Wright, Knight Solaire and Doom guy, so I'm really hoping they are.

4 slots left, make my dreams come true Sakurai!

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I'm still Team DQ, it definitely has the pedigree of a title worth being in smash

Yeah, I know I just said it in the other thread recently, but the Anlucia alt sounded really weird to me, so, while I still expect a DQ character like Erdrick, it's exciting that how he's implemented is all up in the air. My dream is a Bowser Jr like set of alts, but I can see it being like some of the other male and female characters with just 4 colors each.

I'm really looking forward to what spirits and Mii costumes they'll add.

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What were the latest rumors?
Jason Schreier posted in another thread about (from what he heard) P5R and P5S are not coming to Switch and P5S is in a completely new genre. But he also said this didn't mean P5 will never be on Switch, only those 2 are not a P5 rerelease as some though

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Jason Schreier posted in another thread about (from what he heard) P5R and P5S are not coming to Switch and P5S is in a completely new genre. But he also said this didn't mean P5 will never be on Switch, only those 2 are not a P5 rerelease as some though

Ahhhh. Cheers for sharing, mate.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

He didn't say P5S isn't coming to Switch. He didn't know which platforms would be supported.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So wait what was all that Jane datamine stuff for?
Possibly a concept that never got off the ground? Alternatively they could be saving it for a future patch, even though there's no precedent for such. Nonetheless, it's pretty clear it was meant to reference the Royal character given that she has a ponytail and will most likely serve as Royal's MC.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Possibly a concept that never got off the ground? Alternatively they could be saving it for a future patch, even though there's no precedent for such. Nonetheless, it's pretty clear it was meant to reference the Royal character given that she has a ponytail and will most likely serve as Royal's MC.

Jane will be a free Echo Fighter for people who bought Joker.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jane will be a free Echo Fighter for people who bought Joker.
That would be neat. I'd be down for something like a "free echo pack" once they reach the end of the DLC. Throw in characters like Octoling in there for good measure, though in the case of DLC characters the game could force you to own those before unlocking any respective echoes.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
She's not in the remake. I dunno about the original. The title suits her though.
Then that would be one thing standing against her odds of fitting the "Brave" codename. That plus Tansut backing up Erdrick is a huge point in Erdrick's favor independent of the now-debunked rumor.

Though given Smash Ultimate's current lack of female fighters, I'd gladly welcome Alena.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Joker's grappling hook an original addition in Smash? I don't remember one in Persona 5.

It makes sense to give him one for a recovery since it fits the archetype of a thief.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
While I'd love Alena as well, she's not getting in before the Heroes. I know we were making fun of fan rules and whatnot but the only one that stood all this time is Sakurai always introduces a series with a protagonist.

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Since this is the datamining thread and some users wanted to know if Jane was Ann it seems it's a good place to post this. It seems in the end jane is unrelated to Joker:

It also seems Nintendo/Bamco fixed the bug that allowed dataminers to discover text like "menentoes" and "jane" so no more datamining for now

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Could it be that initially Jack Frost was considered but finally discarded?
It could also happen that they used fake mames in order to confuse dataminers and leakers.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is the datamining thread and some users wanted to know if Jane was Ann it seems it's a good place to post this. It seems in the end jane is unrelated to Joker:

It also seems Nintendo/Bamco fixed the bug that allowed dataminers to discover text like "menentoes" and "jane" so no more datamining for now

That doesn't necessarily mean Jane was unrelated to Mementos/Ann, just that Nintendo covered their tracks so we can't find out.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The worst part of the game, with the lamest music. Lol.
Nah. It was classic Persona dungeon crawling. I actually prefered it over the normal dungeons with cutscenes every three steps, stupid "keycard"-puzzles, backtracking and some other really annoying stuff. I still remember that airlocks-dungeon as one of the worst Persona sections of all time.