• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
A balance to the final smashes so its even more fun playing with the smash bar with every character would be cool.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Online fixes please! Also video converting needs a bit of a fix since I've been getting stuttering in some of the finished videos at random points.

Gin

May 2, 2018
zeros-smash-bros-ultimate-early-tier-list-ranking.png

wario is really top tier? im shocked

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoooole lot of people getting ahead of themselves in this thread lol. Settle down, this isn't gamefaqs.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Wait really? Are you exaggerating or is there something actually going on with your Switch? I say this because the load times are incredibly short in this game and I'm constantly impressed with it. I'm playing off the cart too.
Same here. I haven't had a 30 second load time.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, google image search is a lot easier than asking all these companies for the original art/sprites. Mother being a Nintendo 1st party IP is kinda weird to be doing this though.
true. but the mother 3 assets are probably with brownie brown/1UP, bamco would have a way easier time just googling than asking for the source material.

Oct 27, 2017
Actually while I think it's stupid it be asking for nerfs this soon, Peach/Daisy's FS is actually something that should, objectively and unquestionably, be nerfed. Playing more isn't going to change my opinion on THAT

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Title says balance changes will be made... where did we get that info from? Seems presumptuous.

It's because it breaks replays. Replays breaking are because balances changes are made which cause the macro to play out differently. Even changing somebody's knockback or damage output by a fraction of a percent causes the automated replay to play out differently.

Oct 27, 2017
It's because it breaks replays. Replays breaking are because balances changes are made which cause the macro to play out differently. Even changing somebody's knockback or damage output by a fraction of a percent causes the automated replay to play out differently.
Again, fixing glitches/bugs in characters or even slightly tweaking the underlying physics engine can also break replays. It doesn't solely have to be from balance changes

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone is asking for nerfs and buffs and I'm over here with probably 40+ characters left to unlock lol

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Again, fixing glitches/bugs in characters or even slightly tweaking the underlying physics engine can also break replays. It doesn't solely have to be from balance changes

I don't disagree with that, but I think generally that people are referring to these kinds of things as well when they say "balance changes." Whether this is fixing a glitch (like with Game & Watch's air puff landing at 0,0) or adjusting physics (which would have a drastic impact on the entire roster), these things all affect game balance, which is why I think most people use "balance changes" as shorthand.

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hope they make Ganondorf stronger

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of reactive nerfs this early on. They should give it at least a month before they start doing balance changes.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Is it even feasible for Nintendo to address input lag? Is this a technical limitation that can not be made better? I don't expect it yet, I'm just curious if it can even be tuned.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Wish I knew earlier hehe.
It's only been that way for 19 years lol
High considering they already had patch notes for the last update and this isn't Smash 4. And before anyone says "Bu-but none of the balance changes were listed" yeah, they weren't, because it wouldn't make sense to for a day 1 patch anyway
Your sass is a little misplaced, I think. They went into detail for everything on the 3DS/Wii U version as well, be it added features, more stages for 8-Player Smash, whatever. Then they'd lump everything everyone cared about into "Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience."

We'll see what they do this time.
My switch might just might hate my SD card
The Switch SD card bus is pretty limited in speed, to the point where its increase over physical is negligible. The internal memory isn't much better but it's at least noticable.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Hope they make squad strike online. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the game.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I am doing very well with Young Link in elite smash, so I really hope they don't nerf him. They should just buff the bad characters instead of nerfing the good ones.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, after having to wait 10-15 minutes in battle arena just to get a match with rules I enjoy is realllllly sucking the fun out of the game for me. Not to mention if you lose, its back to the end of the line for another 10-15 minute wait (and that is being generous).

I still enjoy practicing and learning new characters against the CPU, but at some point I want to play others without items and chaos raining from the sky of the stage.

We need a For Glory mode ASAP. Its appalling that they didnt add this.