• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Lower difficulty on unlocking character battles / add option to rebattle immediately . Current options suck !

Oct 27, 2017
Lower difficulty on unlocking character battles / add option to rebattle immediately . Current options suck !
Just wait, when you unlock everyone you're going to realize you miss the challenges. It just happened to me and it's weirdly jarring switching modes and not getting a Challenger Approach anymore :/

Also, EVERYONE USE DOC LOUIS' DOJO FOR LEVELING UP SPIRITS IN WoL! I think it operates on a real world timer so I can literally leave spirits there overnight and the next day they're all at level 99. It's crazy awesome

May 4, 2018
I wish I could make knee jerk meta balance requests. I couldn't know where to start. Every time I've tried to play online, the lag has been unbearable. Been relegated to World of Light. Which I do enjoy a lot, but still.

I have no difficulties with online play for Splatoon 2, Mario Kart, or the Arms open beta, so it's doubtful that this is 100% my end.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
List of k rool nerfs needed
-make his attacks do less damage and also worse range
-make his blunderbass misfire occasionally and let us throw the cannon back like DKC2
-no more grounding moves
-get rid of his parry
-cut his jet pack time in half

I think this will make him more fair. Thoughts?

Mar 9, 2018
Oh yeah, and it would be cool if they give K. Rool two Kritters in the background that ring a bell and stop the match when K. Rool is about to lose his last stock. I guess 2 might be overdoing it, 1 could get the job done while keeping the balance.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-make his blunderbass misfire occasionally and let us throw the cannon back like DKC2
-no more grounding moves
-get rid of his parry

Almost fell for it ahah gg !

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
K rool should get clapped but I don't think it will happen yet. Though I admit, If he were to become this game's greninja I'd be ROTFL, because I've always disliked the character, even before smash.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
-no more grounding moves
-get rid of his parry

I have yet to see any characters dominate the meta from what I have seen in the recent competitive tourneys so far

K Rool doesnt need any nerfs and actually performed poorly in the recent tourney i watched to my surprise

Lets not talk nerfs until the meta settles a bit. Its waaaaayyy to early right not and so many characters are lethal in so many ways.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
what rankings??
he's super nerfed
He was #2 on EventHubs last time I checked. Currently sitting at #3.

You're gonna have to give me some specifics, because I literally don't see one thing about him that's worse. Compared to Bayonetta, who got some clear and obvious nerfs (much slower Smash attacks, reduced Witch Time, etc.).

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was #2 on EventHubs last time I checked. Currently sitting at #3.

You're gonna have to give me some specifics, because I literally don't see one thing about him that's worse. Compared to Bayonetta, who got some clear and obvious nerfs (much slower Smash attacks, reduced Witch Time, etc.).
Eventhubs ain't shit. His limit has been super nerfed and while he's not bad there are at least five characters that do the same thing better.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If you are forced to use your tether recovery because your regular one is awful horizontally that just puts you slightly above Little Mac.
A character is not good or bad based on recovery, so you can't really say he's the little mac of this game. The belmont aerials and ground game are both very strong. They also have a really strong projectile game that makes it very hard to approach them. Lil mac isn't really anything like them at all. Sure the recovery is weak, but that doesn't stop them from being near top tier in almost everyone's early lists.

Oct 27, 2017
If you are forced to use your tether recovery because your regular one is awful horizontally that just puts you slightly above Little Mac.

Not really. That's like saying if you're forced to use Up B because you don't have tons of jumps like Kirby you have an awful recovery. Their tether is part of their unique recovery. The same with Ness/Lucas having to hit themselves with PK Thunder, for instance. You can't just arbitrarily discount it.

DTC

Oct 25, 2017
King K Rool isn't even close to broken, lol. I think he'll end up being slightly above average if that.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
What's the best moveset for the gunner? Was thinking of making one with a Ray Mk III costume
I haven't made a Mii Gunner on my own setup yet (trying to unlock the default Miis in WoL first), but from what I played on a friend's set-up it looks like Charge Blast and Flame Pillar the the go-to neutral-B and side-B, respectively. I haven't fiddled enough with her up-B's to get a good feel on which one is the best, and all of her down-B's are useful depending on the match-up, but I suppose the most useful overall is the Bomb Drop, which is still just as good as it was in Smash 4.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Eventhubs ain't shit. His limit has been super nerfed and while he's not bad there are at least five characters that do the same thing better.
Okay, but the Limit Break is not even the worst thing about Cloud. It's his speed; his power in both ranged and close attacks; his stupid side smash that comes out way too fast and does a lot of damage and knockback; etc. He needs a full Bayo/Meta Knight style hackjob to be balanced.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, but the Limit Break is not even the worst thing about Cloud. It's his speed; his power in both ranged and close attacks; his stupid side smash that comes out way too fast and does a lot of damage and knockback; etc. He needs a full Bayo/Meta Knight style hackjob to be balanced.
Again Chrom/Marth/Roy/Lucina are all way better. He's def not even top tier.

You're just bad at fighting him.