• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Thomas

Thomas-Was-Alone-featured.png

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thomas could be cool if they were creative about it. You can draw inspiration from all of the different shapes' abilities or environmental hazards.

The narrator can chime in when certain moves are made or conditions are met.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I don't think any one indie stands above the rest in terms of smash eligibility. And it'd be a fun way to get a bunch of new characters in while also having a reason for the veterans to sit out one cycle 🤷‍♂️
damn near all the characters mentioned in this thread are more popular than a bayonetta and have games that are just as critically acclaimed

No anime lolis tho

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"No one's heard of Reimu in the west!"

US Good Smile Twitter, 1 hour ago:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"No one's heard of Reimu in the west!"

US Good Smile Twitter, 1 hour ago:

The wholesome American tradition of buying $200 statues. Just like Ma and Pa used to do.

I mean I ain't against Reimu but the people buying this thing have definitely played unsubbed Touhou games.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
The wholesome American tradition of buying $200 statues. Just like Ma and Pa used to do.

I mean I ain't against Reimu but the people buying this thing have definitely played unsubbed Touhou games.
instead of the china they never use, we just have anime figures in the dining room cabinet

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
If we're going for the best representation of Indie Gaming, I'd go with Quote from Cave Story, a game by one person who put so much heart into their game. It's what made me believe I could make my own games.

I think Spelunky is a great fit too -- but it's gotta be Quote, with Curly as an alt skin or echo fighter.

And don't let a cent go to Nicalis.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not allowing Spelunky in Smash until they put it on the Switch

those are my demands

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I hate Nicalis since they seem to be the current rights holders

It has to be Quote

The scene would be in completely different place if Cave story never came out.

If only it was up to Pixel

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
I think Hollow Knight would be the best. Shovel Knight already has assist trophy representation!

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
damn near all the characters mentioned in this thread are more popular than a bayonetta and have games that are just as critically acclaimed

No anime lolis tho
I'm sure some here will try to insinuate Reimu as an "anime loli". (Hint: She is not.)

I welcome Reimu but I don't mind Shantae. Perhaps Quote or Curley Brace if their deal isn't tied up in some "Nicalis licensing hell". As it stands, only Reimu and Shantae have such a long and recognizable indie heritage, with the former having the longest line of self-published work.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the Quote situation is so sad because he's obviously the #1 most important indie guy