• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Does Twitch/Amazon ever worry about their competitors poaching their big streamers, I wonder? Seems to be getting more common.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'll never fault anyone for getting their money. Butttt I feel like with a situation like this, they give you the contract, you get the money. Then, when it comes time to renew the contract, they'll be like 'well your viewership greatly decreased, here's a whole lot less money.' Maybe I'm off on it but *shrug*.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Must be a hefty moneyhat. ZeRo hasn't been too happy about his viewership numbers and I doubt Facebook Gaming will help him in this regard.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was disappointed when DisguisedToast moved, especially because he made it pretty clear he made enough money to already to the point where he would refund donations and whatnot. That he would drop basically his entire fanbase for whatever money Facebook offered is disappointing.

I'm looking at Facebook's livestreaming page, and it looks awful: https://www.facebook.com/gaming

Nothing is sorted. Games aren't sorted by most viewers. Streamers aren't sorted by most viewers. Hell, streamers aren't even sorted based on whether or not they're currently live.

If you just click on League of Legends, the first page of streamers all have less than 20 viewers.

Mixer murdered Ninjas viewership. Why does anyone think that the viewership would be any better on Facebook gaming? Outside of the paycheck you get from that respective partner, your career is almost guaranteed dead after.
Contract ends, announce you're moving back to Twitch, viewership spikes again or something.

Does Twitch/Amazon ever worry about their competitors poaching their big streamers, I wonder? Seems to be getting more common.
It's like Epic's approach toward having a competitive storefront, except we can see that people aren't actually following these streamers to their new platform.

Maybe they'll eventually realize they can't compete by throwing money at people like this.

I'll never understand why they don't introduce these moves by throwing a celebrity at it or something. Ninja's career peaked when he streamed with Drake.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I can see myself moving to Mixer in the future if the content improves but I'll never move to Facebook. I hope Zero continues to publish his archived videos anywhere else like Youtube.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Honestly I don't see Zero losing much here. He's not really much of a popular variety streamer, and I don't see him losing clout in the Smash community. In fact if he can get half the views he usually gets when a Smash character comes out, that would be a huge win for Facebook.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Zero is all about the money. He's not gonna care about his viewship if it means more money in the long run. Offer was probably a lot more then sticking to see what happens at twitch for a while.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wat...I mean the only really popular stream he had outside of Smash were the Persona ones right?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Who is actually using this platform to watch anything though. For instance this is the first time I'm even hearing of it.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Get that money I guess. It may not amount to much but at least he'll be getting steady income.

Oct 25, 2017
Who is actually using this platform to watch anything though. For instance this is the first time I'm even hearing of it.
I don't use FB but from what everyone says online about it nowadays it is basically just boomers who use it which seems an odd audience for video game streams. Just go read the comments of that tweet posted. It's basically all boomer jokes.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Zero is one of the most fun streamers out there.. I'll check him out on facebook.. no big deal since I check it daily lol

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it works out for him but I doubt it will

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
I know TheMexicanRunner took one of these Facebook deals a month or two back, wonder how that's been going for him. One interesting thing there was that he said it was only Gaming content specifically that would exclusively be on Facebook, he would still be allowed to stream cooking or other things through Twitch even though it's a competitor.

ZeRo is an unpleasant person with a history of misusing his influence particularly on younger viewers so hopefully this cuts down his audience significantly

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Much like everyone else, I have no idea Facebook gaming is that big, but they do have money. I first heard of it like a few weeks ago when disguised toast went to it. I imagine it's tons of money for them, that they can just do their time there and then retire

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's clearly bothering him. He doesn't want to play Smash but his audience only wants to watch Smash.
I guess that's what happens when you build up your community by calling yourself the best Smash 4 player in the world. He set himself up to being identified with Smash and not as a variety streamer.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense for him to cash out, the viewers aren't there for his variety streams and he doesn't like Smash anymore.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I sometimes get the FIFA world cup finals streams advertised on facebook (probably because I follow the facebook FIFA UT page) and the viewers are always around 3k which is terrible. Where are these "facebook gaming is bigger than you think" stuff coming from?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
They need to cash out thanks to YouTube going down the toilet. It sucks that he caught the short end of the stick though.

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook is so god damned ugly.

Why is it when I go on there with my desktop, it treats it like I'm on a fucking mobile screen?

Why is literally half the screen just gray space? Everything is just on this narrow column.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook gonna prop him up with fake numbers, and he'll be left starving from this deal in a year.

They've done this to their own video player, they're not going to do it for their own streamers? Come on y'all.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Imagine Persona 6 coming out, wanting to watch his playthrough, and having to make a fucking Facebook account for it. Fucking hell lol.

I can see people doing it, his persona playthroughs were fucking excellent.

^ This was during the final boss (SO SPOILERS TO THOSE WHO HAVENT PLAYED P3) and his chat WENT CRAZY it was an amazing moment.