• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a lot of lag in local wireless matches. Played 3 player with 3 switches. We sat next to each other. Some matches were fine, but others would have severe lag issues. The game could freeze for up to 5 seconds. We even got a disconnection error once. Played for about 3 hours. I would say that the experience was similar to Smash online on Wii U.

Do others have the same problem? Or is the game really this broken? I feel like I wasted my money on a broken game.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yes, there absolutely is! Played local wireless yesterday, with 2 switches it was fine. 3+ and it was laggy as hell

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
We had 3 people with Switchs on a couch and it was almost unplayable in local wireless. Going to try just two tonight and see if its any better.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I've had some of this happen too, it was weird. Never had that kind of problem with 3DS.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
We can't even connect locally, we get an instant error code. Both of our Switches show up in the list and when we try to connect to one another's game.... Instant error.

interesting to see that some of you got past an instant error... That's something 😬

Oct 25, 2017
Switch local wireless is complete dogshit.

I remember having lag and straight up de-syncs playing ARMS locally 1v1 with my cousin literally sitting 2 ft away from me. Same with MK8, though that was with 3 systems, and 2 players split screen on each.

I doubt Smash is the issue. Nintendo either cheaped out on the wireless chip, or engineered it badly or something. A real disgrace.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't tried this yet with Smash Bros, but I've never had issues on other games. I've played tons of local MK8D and never had any problems whatsoever. Hope its something that can be fixed with an update.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
I do recall now that ARMS local wireless was/is pretty bad and laggy...... But at least it connects I suppose, Smash doesn't even try for us.

If it's something that can be fixed in an update....I hope they care enough to do it, because it shipped like this.