• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Twintelle is the only way to go. And then lets get real crazy and have the option to select from all the different arms. Something like how Dragon Quest Hero works.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Twintelle is the only way to go. And then lets get real crazy and have the option to select from all the different arms. Something like how Dragon Quest Hero works.
Min Min beat her in the popularity tournament and is the Devs favorite, plus she could have one of the guys as half her alts(or even multiple other arms users as her alts)

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot, in good faith, support an ARMS character that doesn't fight with their arms. I just can't.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see any Arms character confirmed, but I think them calling attention to which character it might be means there is a specific twist with that. I'm wondering if there is a Mii Fighter scenario with selectable characters/arms. That would be wiiiild

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Min Min beat her in the popularity tournament and is the Devs favorite, plus she could have one of the guys as half her alts(or even multiple other arms users as her alts)
Like I said...
While you aren't wrong to assume this (Min Min is plenty popular, after all), it isn't as clear-cut as you may think. Party Crashes are much like Splatfests in Splatoon where popularity & skill play equal roles in determining the winner of any given match-up. To use Splatoon 2 as an example, Marina was very clearly the more popular Off the Hook member of the two. However, this fact worked to her detriment for many of the Splatfests, where Pearl won most of them. This was to the point where Nintendo eventually changed how Splatfests winners are determined which, while it did help Marina win a few Splatfests, still had Pearl win many of them. It's not just about being popular, it's also about having good players on your side. ARMS doesn't really provide hard numbers beyond who did the best during any given Party Crash, so it's hard to say who got the most people on their side during each Party Crash. But if the Marina situation was any indication, Twintelle's popularity likely hurt her viability in the long-run.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Min Min or Ribbon Girl seem the most likely to me.
Or someone with alts of 3 different characters lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Could be an Arms 2 character too, imo. It all depends if this character comes with the base game spirits cause what would they add for new ones?

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see any Arms character confirmed, but I think them calling attention to which character it might be means there is a specific twist with that. I'm wondering if there is a Mii Fighter scenario with selectable characters/arms. That would be wiiiild

Seeing as how swapping your ARMS was the main basis of the game, I could actuallly 100% see that happening.

and with them putting so much into making all the characters in the DLC super unique and have their own gimmicks (random spells, separate forward and back airs, arsene), and the fact that he doesnt half ass shit like that, I could almost see himhaving an option to choose a "body" that has maybe one different move for one of the specials.

so one special would be unique for each fist, one they all share, and one thats unique to the body choice.

considering the timeframe between characers it could be theroetically possible, though just changig the hands could be enough of a gimmick for them.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Could be an Arms 2 character too, imo. It all depends if this character comes with the base game spirits cause what would they add for new ones?
Only 5 out of ARMS's 15-character roster is in the base game as spirits. If you also count Hedlok & Biff, that's a solid 12 spirits left to add.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only 5 out of ARMS's 15-character-roster is in the base game as spirits. If you also count Hedlok & Biff, that's a solid 12 spirits left to add.
You have to remember though that people also used the Spirit Board to "deconfirm" characters who already had spirits, but of course I was always skeptical of that.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
so this fighter can't be on the spirit board then and if it is he will break the spirits rule completely.
At the same time, Day 1 spirits were decided before the Fighters Pass Vol. 1 characters were finalized. Plus if that was the case, you'd rule out the two most popular characters from ARMS, & that's on top of the MC already being an Assist Trophy.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Even if it's just Spring Man I'll be happy as I loved ARMS and really wanted to see it in Smash.

Ideally though it'll be like Hero with different alts, especially seeing Ribbon Girl and Min Min are my favourites and the clear next in line characters.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
At the same time, Day 1 spirits were decided before the Fighters Pass Vol. 1 characters were finalized. Plus if that was the case, you'd rule out the two most popular characters from ARMS, & that's on top of the MC already being an Assist Trophy.
Yeah, base game spirits rule is out.

Unless they're putting in one of the fighters that don't have spirits, which would be...weird? And also hard confirm spirit rule.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Gotta wonder why they made the character pick sound like such a mystery. I wouldn't put it past them to add the obvious Spring Man or Ribbon Girl anyway.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Gotta wonder why they made the character pick sound like such a mystery. I wouldn't put it past them to add the obvious Spring Man or Ribbon Girl anyway.
They probably told us ahead of time to avoid another Byleth situation (where some would hope for a third-party characters). As for how it was handled, the mystery kinda rules out Spring Man & Ribbon Girl in my opinion since they'd be too obvious (more so Spring Man).

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I'd hope for Ninjara or Twintelle, but it probably will be Spring Man or Ribbon Girl since they are kind of the face of the game.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
just allows prediction contest to run even longer until June or major leak.

www.resetera.com

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Fighters Pass VOL. 2 | Prediction Contest

I would like to invite everyone to join this contest: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol.2 Roster Prediction Contest. The point of this contest is that people would have to predict most accurate roster for Fighters Pass Vol. 2 in order to win the contest. I would like to remind...

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
just allows prediction contest to run even longer until June or major leak.

www.resetera.com

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Fighters Pass VOL. 2 | Prediction Contest

I would like to invite everyone to join this contest: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol.2 Roster Prediction Contest. The point of this contest is that people would have to predict most accurate roster for Fighters Pass Vol. 2 in order to win the contest. I would like to remind...
So we can make changes?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
So, as someone who knows nothing about ARMS except who Springman and Twintelle are, I'm guessing the latter is not it because she doesn't have extendable arms. But the former is already an AT, so is there someone else who could realistically be the fighter? Is Ribbon Girl possible?

Remember, they chose Byleth.

You'll get Spring Man with a Ribbon Girl alt

Good point, actually.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't hear anyone talking about Lola. It's crazy that this is the dlc that gets me to play smash again. It was the only series I wanted to play as :)

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
This is the first DLC character for me that isn't either jaw droppingly amazing (Banjo) or really disappointing. (Everyone else). It just kind of makes sense. Like yeah, of course.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is the first DLC character for me that isn't either jaw droppingly amazing (Banjo) or really disappointing. (Everyone else). It just kind of makes sense. Like yeah, of course.
Whoa there, why the Terry hate? I can understand having grievances against Atlus & Sugiyama in addition to Smash adding another FE character. But this Terry slander........why?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Above everything I'm just glad this may mean more Nintendo reps as DLC. Hopefully at least a 3-3 split if not 4-2. Now with ARMS and Xenoblade 2 being likely, it would be cool if as the final batch of DLC this pack represented Switch Era Nintendo.

Give me ARMS, Xenoblade 2, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing/Splatoon and I'd be beyond floored. The last two can go to Geno and some other third party.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be cool if Min Min was the character because she won the Party Crash tournament.

D-BX_QRU0AAkROM.jpg

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Above everything I'm just glad this may mean more Nintendo reps as DLC. Hopefully at least a 3-3 split if not 4-2. Now with ARMS and Xenoblade 2 being likely, it would be cool if as the final batch of DLC this pack represented Switch Era Nintendo.

Give me ARMS, Xenoblade 2, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing/Splatoon and I'd be beyond floored. The last two can go to Geno and some other third party.
A shame that Ring Fit Adventure & Astral Chain came too recently for Vol. 2. They would have truly made the Nintendo representation feel complete (them, a Rhythm Heaven rep, & Dixie Kong).

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa there, why the Terry hate? I can understand having grievances against Atlus & Sugiyama in addition to Smash adding another FE character. But this Terry slander........why?
It's always cute to me that you always assume that people don't like Joker and Hero for those reasons.

I'm being genuine, I wish I could be that optimistic.