• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
It would be great if it was Twintelle.

But it would have also been great if it had been Edelgard instead of player insert Byleth. :L

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So I'm not familiar with Arms, would it be reasonable to expect this character to be a zoning Dhalsim-like character or should I expect a long range rush down play style?

I've seen "Dhalsim" come up a few times and can't figure out what it means. Can someone catch a noob like me up?

Edit: All I can gather is its a Street Fighter character. Are people talking about his play style?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I love Min Min, Twintelle would be good too, but I think we're getting another Byleth situation.

Springman as the default with Ribbon girl as the alt skin.

At best we'll get a Hero type situation with different Arms characters Alt skins.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i don't think they would show the whole roster if they were gonna pick Spring man

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
The Assist Trophy aside, I don't think they'd purposely showcase the entire ARMS roster just to tease Spring Man -- methinks we'll get something along the lines of Ribbon Girl or Twintelle: a secondary promotional fighter or a fan-favorite breakout character. Alt costumes are also a possibility, although that'd be a stretch (:P) considering each fighter's innate abilities.

A surprise ARMS 2 character could also be in the cards, although I'd rather not place all my chips on that. (I mean, it's certainly something they'd do, but it's not even announced, so...)

And the graphic novel as well, please.

Man, whatever happened with this?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is there a strawpoll so we can pick who we want?

also i'm really happy it's a first party character. hopefully a xenoblade character is next (from 2 or x).

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Geno stans need to chill. Flops have made into Smash before (see Banjo), so Geno has a chance!
2d21akjk.jpg

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't be happier. Although I might have to pick up the second fighter pass now, which I wasn't planning on doing

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad for this both because I like seeing the game get some attention like this, but also because it means finally an ARMS amiibo (assuming they ever announce more amiibo).

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I would love if it's Twintelle for three reasons:

1. Representation with her being a female POC
2. Very popular character
3. It kills the "Characters who are already in the game as Sprits can't become fighters" rule, which opens the door for characters like Geno.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be Min Min or I will riot!

I'm glad for this both because I like seeing the game get some attention like this, but also because it means finally an ARMS amiibo (assuming they ever announce more amiibo).

OMG now I imagine an ARMS amiibo with real spring arms

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I sure hope it's Ribbon Girl, said only me.
I'd be fine with that. I'm super happy if it's her, Twintelle, and Min Min. Anyone else and I care just a little less. The predictable choice is Spring Man. I'd be somewhat okay with it since he seems to have been the face of the series but I'd argue he's not nor shouldn't be anymore and I hope it's one of the women.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In case you missed it...
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like an Arms 2 is in development, I bet all these haters who jumped ship from arms so quick are gonna love it. Don't know why ppl don't give new franchises a chance to ge there footing first

Main complaint I heard about ARMS was lack of content, at least before the DLCs all came out. No real single player modes aside from the GP. The GP itself was frustrating. After having an excellent voice actor for BIFF in the direct segements, they made him completely mute aside from a grating scratchy voice. Huge missed opportunity. I hope a sequel adds more content and gives BIFF's VA a greater role because he is a perfect fit in the game.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm expecting some sort of weird hybrid character taking elements from the whole cast, based on that shot of all the Fighters.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I've only played ARMS during the online test, but this is actually pretty exciting to me since this is a Nintendo IP debut fighter-wise.

I was expecting them to wait until Smash 6.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Really happy ARMS is getting representation. Let's hope it's Twintelle!!
Now, imagine if the fighter has multiple alts, each one being a character? That would be dope AF. Also, maybe we get an echo as a bonus.
Now that I think about it, if Spring Man is the character, the master rule of AT deconfirming is now broken!
And if it's Twintelle, the theory that Spirits deconfirm is gone for good too!(also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there Spirits of all the ARMS characters?)

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I think Twintelle's ARMs not being her... arms works out in her favor. They don't have to figure out how it'll look when she's picking/using items.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty ingenious marketing on Nintendo's part since the speculation gets everyone thinking about the entire ARMS cast, which along with the free trial may gave the game a well-deserved second wind.

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably give ARMS another chance... maybe they fixed the controls now.
Hopefully this means Wonder-Red has a chance too.

Cryxok

Oct 27, 2017
México
Assuming Arms 2 is in development and the Smash Rep will be Arms 2's protagonist... who of the first game's roster would make the most sense, story-wise? I remember reasing somewhere that Mechanica had some interesting background beats.
(BTW, someone went a bit ahead of themselves and added "She is soon to be a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" to Dr. Coyle's wiki page lol)

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
A new Nintendo first party ip that has sold over 2 million of copies isn't worthy of Smash Bros? I'm curious what missing ip from Nintendo's back catalogue you think is more deserving of a rep?
It's not that I think Arms isn't deserving. It's just that I would see it as more of a base roster pick than something to include in a DLC package alongside huge characters like Hero or Banjo. I would say though that there are a bunch of characters that are more popular from Nintendo that have yet to be included: Waluigi (meme I know), Isaac, Skull Kid. Arms sold well, yes, but it hasn't been talked about almost at all since the Switch's launch, and I'm not sure it has the excitement behind it that the other DLC characters did. Even Byleth was from a long running franchise with a large, vocal fanbase and Fire Emblem is a long part of Nintendo's history. In the end, it's not that I think Arms shouldn't be in Smash, it's just a strange pick for DLC and the way they announced this in the middle of a mini Direct with zero fanfare was even more bizzare.