• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you buy it?

• Yes. I bought fighters pass #1 blind and will get this Day 1 blind

Votes: 419 56.2%
  • I bought FP1 blind , but this time I will wait and see what the characters are first

Votes: 129 17.3%
  • I bought FP1 after waiting, and I will wait to see for FP2

Votes: 55 7.4%
  • I bought FP1, but I don’t plan on buying FP2 at all

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • I did not buy FP1, but will buy FP2 blind

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • I did not buy FP1, but will wait and see on FP2

Votes: 70 9.4%
  • i purchase by individual character pack, not by the Fighters Passes

Votes: 58 7.8%

• Total voters

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I think my main remaining want for DLC is a Xenoblade 2 character, but I'm not so confident in their chances. I think their only chance is if Nintendo didn't realize their popularity until after they decided the first wave of DLC, and now decided they want to fix that.

Next I want to believe in Ring Fit Adventurer for DLC but I think they're the kind of character that would never be DLC because they wouldn't be able to sell it. Probably a base game only kind of character.

Other than that I think I'm satisfied with the current roster. Most of the major characters I like are already in.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
My ideal Fighters Pass 2 would have a better mix of first and third-party characters, as well as more female characters.

Ribbon Girl/Twintelle
Rex/Elma
Ring Fit Adventurer
Dante
2B
Phoenix

Something like that.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just want what I want and that's all there is to it. No more "predictions" from me.
  • Shantae
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Chun-Li
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)
I will be buying in blind again, of course.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
With the "Everyone is Here" tagline, I really hope the next 6 characters are those that are considered iconic to the industry. I think the biggest 6 to include would be...

1. Jill or Chris from Resident Evil
2. Lara Croft
3. Doom Guy
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Rayman
6. Master Chief
I feel like that's the ideal megaton list, but I think we're only gonna get a couple of these at most and a bunch of not-quite-obscure characters.

I also think that, unfortunately, Doomguy and Chief are a hard either-or. I'd love both, but they're not doing two green, armored, faceless, space marines from western-developed shooters. 10 trillion blue-haired, sword-wielding lords from the same franchise be damned.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think I can handle two more years of people posturing and postulating and proposing.

Stage on

Oct 25, 2017
I think my main remaining want for DLC is a Xenoblade 2 character, but I'm not so confident in their chances. I think their only chance is if Nintendo didn't realize their popularity until after they decided the first wave of DLC, and now decided they want to fix that.

Next I want to believe in Ring Fit Adventurer for DLC but I think they're the kind of character that would never be DLC because they wouldn't be able to sell it. Probably a base game only kind of character.

Other than that I think I'm satisfied with the current roster. Most of the major characters I like are already in.

Well I think Rex has a pretty good shot actually since Sakurai said that he wanted to include him but couldn't in the base game or first pass because Xenoblade 2 was so new it had just missed the cut. The characters for Pass 2 should have been picked at later date so now he's got a chance

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If these are the final 6, it is going to be Sakurai satisfying the final dreams:

Master Chief
Dante from the Devil May Cry Series
Kos-Mos or Lloyd Irving
Rex + Pyra/Mythra or Waluigi
Geno
Urshifu (Not a dream, obligatory 'need a new Pokemon' like Byleth was)

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I hope we get 3 first party and 3 third party.

1. Leon Kennedy (RE4 version)
2. Chorus Kids
3. Professor Layton + Luke
4. Impa (Skyward Sword version)
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Pauline

That's my dream.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Rayman not being a Mii Fighter costume even though other Ubi characters like Altair and Rabbids are make me wonder if he could be added.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
I'm curious what kind of restrictions Sora has if he's really that hard to get honestly. If we got Cloud and the clusterfuck of IP rights that is DQ, then "on paper" it might not be as impossible to do so.
Maybe Disney/SE really did ask for too much? I'll never know through.

That said I don't think Sora not being in means that much. Especially since FF/DQ are extremely big deals (you could argue even bigger than KH) in their own regard, so it doesn't seem like they "settled" for less here.

Last edited:

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
SSB4_Trailer_Intro.gif

and

2) Dante
3) Phoenix Wright
4) Leon Kennedy or Jill Valentine
5) Chrono

of course there's no way there are going to be this many Capcom characters, but those would be my top picks

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Didn't the devs of the ps2 xeno games said they wanted to bring them back but statistics weren't in their favour at all? KOS-MOS won't be in smash, really don't see it, Rex has a chance tho.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
It's crazy that we could make a list of about thirty characters in which a majority of the six will be on that list. And I'd be stoked for any on that thirty. Really can't go wrong with the choices (after Geno gets added of course)

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if S2 picks were made by Nintendo or Sakurai like we did for S1 or this is going to be a complete blind run?

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Doing half 3rd party half 1st party:

The Prince (Katamari Damacy)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Majima (Yakuza)

Mary O. and Yamamura (Super Mario Maker)
Abraham Lincoln (Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
Twintelle (ARMS)

latest
latest
GoroMajimafive.jpg

Img_mashiko_05.gif
Twintelle.png

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I will definitely buy it, but not day 1

Ill probably wait till a few days before the first character drops to buy it

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Have no issue buying the second Fighter's Pass.

Because I know that they will make each character unique and fun if the first one is anything to go by.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
That 2021 date is odd, I feel like this season pass won't start until the end of the year or early next year.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two years for six characters? What.
and according to the datamine of the game, there are still eleven free spots for characters in the Character selection screen data, which means one for bayleth, and 6 for new dlc, that still leaves 4 more characters (which might be given for free, or maybe even another season?).

EDIT: So yeah, smash support seems to extend even beyond 2021.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
and according to the datamine of the game, there are still eleven free spots for characters in the Character selection screen data, which means one for bayleth, and 6 for new dlc, that still leaves 4 more characters (which might be given for free, or maybe even another season?).

Or maybe some echoes in between main releases. Would also explain why its two years for only 6 characters.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking we're getting more beyond the 6 or any echos is just more disappointment waiting to happen.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't read too much into that, could just be some future proofing just in case.

Mar 30, 2019
I will use the energy from my six guesses to focus into the power of the Master Chief spirit bomb. That would be the *chief's kiss* cherry on top of this game. I will make this sacrifice for the good of all gamekind.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

By the end of this Fighters Pass, we'll be two months shy of them Switch being five years old.

The most I could see those 4 final slots being used for is an Echo Bundle to close out the generation.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My Bingo Card had at least 9 women on it as contenders for the next pass.

Seriously, I hope we get more female representation in the game as the default character choice.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1) Phoenix Wright
2) BotW2 Zelda
3) Elma
4) Shante
5) Twintell
6) Eggman

With Sakuri's talk about getting BOTW early for Link and how he realized BOTW Zelda would not work as a magic based fighter combine with playable Zelda in BOTW2 speculation I really have to wonder if we will get our third Zelda.

I tried to keep my wish list woman heavy as well but Phoenix and Eggman are dream characters for me. You could have Mia and Eggey as alt costumes as well

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Don't assume data mining represents current plans or plans going forward.

For instance, if you blindly believed datamines, triforce heroes would have had paid dlc, but that never happened.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't assume data mining represents current plans or plans going forward.

For instance, if you blindly believed datamines, triforce heroes would have had paid dlc, but that never happened.
True, the leftover code in games dont always come to fruition, DMC5 for example has a lot of unused coded stuff inside of it, (Mention of divergent missions and Co-op bloody palace, semi playable Vergil, etc) that might or might not come, plan changes all the time. Those extra 11 slots might be for future proofing if anything, doesnt mean they would fill them.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
1) Phoenix Wright
2) Professor Layton
3) Leon Kennedy w/ Jill Valentine Echo
4) Master Chief
5) Dixie Kong
6) Tails -or- Eggman

I would die happy.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'd like FP2 to consist of all original characters again, no Echo Fighters. There are a few characters I'd strongly advocate for:

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon

I know some people don't think they deserve a spot in Smash. But they'd have unique movesets, they're non-humanoids, and dammit it'd just be great to see more all-time great "mascot characters" join the roster.

Hollow Knight ("The Knight")

The Knight was basically made to be given a Smash moveset. He'd be a really fun character to play given his mobility options and the blend of melee and magic abilities. Lots of cool Charm-based attacks to consider, too. Maybe if he gets over 100%, his special moves translate to shadow variants.

Captain Toad

Obviously he'd need to have a jump, so he could have a tiny jet booster in his pack. But he's a fun enough character that it'd be great to see him expressed in Smash.

I'd also like to see some free Echo Fighters join the roster. Here are a few I'm thinking about:

Impa (echo of Sheik, but slower and hits harder)

Dixie Kong (echo of Diddy Kong, but with Donkey's Up-B)

Octoling (echo of Inkling)

Wart (mix of Bowser and K. Rool)

Ms. PAC-MAN (echo of PAC-MAN)

Rex (echo of Shulk, but with a sword that does fire damage; Final Smash could be Mythra)

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
cross-posting from the speculation thread, but here we go...
Disappointment2020.png

I can go with Sora or Hayabusa, honestly; and after a lot of consideration, I think Monster Hunter is THE next choice for a Capcom playable character (even if the IP is already in the game with Rathalos)