• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
42z0iemhvzv11.jpg

Seems like it is better to invest in the newer controllers for once.

Smash Ultimate controller wire length = 3 meters.
OG controller = 2 meters.

Jaysc

Oct 25, 2017
I presume the smash ultimate version is basically the same as the smash 4 one?

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
This is expected as the White Japanese Gamecube controllers (the last ones before the Smash 4 one) were also 3 meters in length.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, they should make a wireless GameCube controller. I don't need all these cords crossing my living room.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Weren't the re-released Gamecube controllers missing a spring or something weird like that in the triggers? I could very well be talking about my ass.

Edit: Think it was a metal rod taken out of the triggers, not a spring.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
How viable is it to fix the stick drift on Gamecube controllers? I'm wondering if it's cheaper/easier to do that instead of buying a new one.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Same as happened with Smash Brawl (Wii) when a white GameCube controller was made for it, I got one. Wasn't it the same for Smash 4 as well? I didn't get that one. But if so, that's 3 for 3.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah, Smash 4's GC controllers also had these longer cables.

It's basically a reprint of the Smash 4 controller (which are amazing!) so this sounds great. I'll need to order more than one this time around lol.

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
What's the length on the GC adapter? I'm going to need about 10' total for comfortable smashing.

Nov 8, 2017
I couldn't find a definitive answer about the old WiiU ones, but are these ones 100% functional GC pads, with the analogue triggers and click all working properly?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Not the same rubber coating on the cable as OG controllers though?

I swear, whoever came up with it struck gold and is a qualified wizard. I have yet to encounter cables of the same mythical quality where no matter how much you roll them up, the cables always remain neat when unrolled again. Its witchcraft or something. Never seen it happen again after that on another controller...

Nov 1, 2017
I couldn't find a definitive answer about the old WiiU ones, but are these ones 100% functional GC pads, with the analogue triggers and click all working properly?
They are the same controller. Other than the slightly longer cable length, they apparently tweaked the springs for the L+R triggers ever-so-slightly, but I can't tell the difference personally.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question....is there any other way to hook this up to a switch without the 4 port adapter? I won't ever have a reason for three other GameCube controllers nor do I want to spend $20 on that adapter.

Have we heard anything positive about the PowerA wireless GameCube controller?

Nov 1, 2017
Quick question....is there any other way to hook this up to a switch without the 4 port adapter? I won't ever have a reason for three other GameCube controllers nor do I want to spend $20 on that adapter.

Have we heard anything positive about the PowerA wireless GameCube controller?
There are 3rd Party Adapters (most notably one by MayFlash, which was popular during the shortage of the official accessory). Otherwise, you're outta luck.

Might as well note, there are reports (not confirmed?) of additional latency in 3rd Party GC Adapters. That being said, my personal MayFlash Adapter works fine.

As for the PowerA GameCube controller: While it matches the design, my guess is it is ultimately a 3rd party controller.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
More importantly, what's the kitties name?

Glad I ordered one. Still wish the Collectors edition was just like Smash 4's. Would have preferred that.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice to know if I want to get another one or two, but think my old ones will be fine. My adapter was supposed to come today but looks like amazon had a signature required for it. Which is weird because they never have before. Guess it's new security measures.

Anyhow. All the rambling means I just want to try them out on smash 4 since I never got the adapter. Hope I can get back into the game one controller after 12 or so years since religiously playing melee.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
I actually just got mine delivered today from Nintendo Amazon. Feels fantastic. Didn't know the cable was longer!

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Blessed Nintendo giving you extra personal space while Smashing. A massive victory for the poor, hygienic souls of competitive Smash.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm good for a while, I think...

viue82u.jpg

I currently have a Smash party scheduled for 12/14 with about 30 friends and spouses planning to come. But I doubt we'll ever have more than two games of 4 going at any one time - and some folks will bring their own controllers, I'm sure; or will prefer the other controller options.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got my Smash Ultimate controller in today, but I kinda wonder if I'm better off not even opening it. I have a Wavebird that still works fine, which is probably how I'll play most of it... but I kinda want to open a brand new 2018 GameCube controller just for the novelty. But I've also seen the Smash 4 controllers selling for like $120 new, so I feel like I'd be dumb to not just resell it in the box in a few years.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
It's really like the Wii U never existed.

It still makes a great hacked retro playing console though, or so I hear.

EDIT:

I was under the impression the reissued adapter and controller would release on the same day as Smash Ultimate. Kinda weird to see these supplementary accessories releasing before a game their marketed for.

Last edited: