Smash Ultimate is out in the wild, hide ya kids for WoL SPOILERS [Datamining has started] (READ OP)

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah, I’m pretty sure it was the same technique in Brawl. His down special puts down a mine and pressing it again detonates it. People would do this in the air to refresh his recovery.
What's crazy is how the CPU is even programmed to do that.

It also did perfect shield -> up-smash and perfect shield -> up-tilt. That's just insane.

Oct 25, 2017
re: the level 9 CPU playing more like an actual high-level player instead of a button-reading frame-perfect cheater. i get the feeling in general that smash ultimate is the first time the smash devs have really watched and studied competitive smash play and incorporated it into their game design. like competitive smash existed when brawl and smash 4 came out, obviously, but it feels like the past few years it finally got big enough to get noticed by sakurai and friends. the rise of streaming/twitch/etc., EVO getting huge and including smash, and so on all probably contributed to that. bandai namco actually having fighting game development experience (unlike HAL and the hodgepodge team assembled for brawl) surely helps as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I was really excited for these countdowns with the 10 day one having an actual animation of the Cappy possessed 10 and Mario jumping into his banner position so I’m kinda sad they didn’t keep that going lol

Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu, Meta Knight, or Olimar are the characters that people think are the best. Play Ridley if you have a change of heart and want to get bodied
PIKACHU??????

omg

I've always loved Pikachu since the first Smash Brothers, and now he's one of the top ones? After 20 years, I'M FREE TO CONQUER EARTH

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
I've always loved Pikachu since the first Smash Brothers, and now he's one of the top ones? After 20 years, I'M FREE TO CONQUER EARTH
Pikachu was/is the best character in Smash 64 and has been at least above average in every single Smash game. He has the best track record out of everyone apart from maybe Marth post SSB4 patches.

Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu was/is the best character in Smash 64 and has been at least above average in every single Smash game. He has the best track record out of everyone apart from maybe Marth post SSB4 patches.
Pikachu has always been a pretty good character in every Smash game. In terms of Tier List, it was literally the best in Smash 64, top 10 in Melee and Brawl and top 20 in Smash 4.
oh guess I sucked with him always rofl

I always loved using his thunder since you can move after you cast it

Oct 25, 2017
You know he's joking right? As a Bayo main who received more hate than he deserved for playing a character many painted as broken he's overreacting to demonstrate how dumb much of the hate he got was

It's almost as if people are lurking for scapegoats to hate on competitive Smash.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, if you are interested, the Isabelle Kirby seems to do Isabelle’s “fail pose” instead of copying the Villager’s!

I have a picture of the Daisy Kirby

With the appropiate Blue Toad of course.

Mar 16, 2018
OH
oh guess I sucked with him always rofl

I always loved using his thunder since you can move after you cast it
Side note, the character that's actually the best and the character that you can most easily use to make a newbie hate the game are probably not the same. Assuming you're an average level player.

EDIT: But if any character has the potential to be both, it might be Pikachu.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Holy fuck at the AI. B reversing, doing C4 jumps, teching, 200IQ edgeguarding, Dash Dancing, Perfect Shielding

you want smash to play more like melee? fuck you, here's AI that plays like a Melee NEET, never ask me for anything again
Snake really cranked up the perfect shielding at the end lmao.

Oct 29, 2017
Pikachu has always been a pretty good character in every Smash game. In terms of tier lists, it was literally the best in Smash 64, top 10 in Melee and Brawl and top 20 in Smash 4.
Let's be real, Axe is top 10 in Melee. Nobody plays pika like him. Nobody places with Pikachu besides Axe.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, anyone know if the Team Galactic remix from Brawl is in this game?
Every remix is in the game except for Smash 4's Wild Battle (DP) remix and the Brawl/Smash 4 Jungle Level (just called Jungle Level) remix. & I think one of the older Balloon Fight remixes

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The entire forum backend was upgraded to a more secure version, and nothing could be ported over. Admins decided that as long as everything had to be rebuilt anyway, they might as well make something new.
Is there any way to disable stuff like the "you may be interested in these similar threads" or the avatars showing next to thread names on the main forum?

Nov 2, 2017
Is there any way to disable stuff like the "you may be interested in these similar threads" or the avatars showing next to thread names on the main forum?
Nope. Request that in the official topic. The devs were very receptive to feedback during the beta and changed a lot of stuff. I'm sure the number of changes and tweaks we'll end up seeing to this design have barely begun.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if you are interested, the Isabelle Kirby seems to do Isabelle’s “fail pose” instead of copying the Villager’s!

I have a picture of the Daisy Kirby

With the appropiate Blue Toad of course.
Really loving the look of Hi-Def Fourside! It's capturing that "amber lights" nighttime atmosphere without making it look too gloomy. The city line and illuminated clouds from the moon's light helps and is great art direction. Overall there's a lot more feeling of depth than in Melee.

Jan 10, 2018
Pikachu, Meta Knight, or Olimar are the characters that people think are the best. Play Ridley if you have a change of heart and want to get bodied
(Once mained Olimar in Brawl, Pikachu in Meelee, Shulk in 4 and is planning on adding Meta knight to their maind).

My time has come...

Oct 27, 2017
Good Burger
Sorry if this has been asked before buy can you customize the random stages more? Like can I make it so I can have normal Fountain of Dreams, FD/BF New Pork City, and hazardless Wily's Castle on random?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Any general impressions about world of light? Is it fun, or does the endless event mode style fights get repetitive after a couple hours?
The one impression I saw here in the thread mentioned that it gets tiring pretty quickly since there's very little variety. It seems like a mode you need to take your time with rather than marathon.