• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just let me know if Metal Gear Rising, Peace Walker or MGSV have some new tracks

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
What's there to spoil? Sakurai said the intro cutscene was all the story we were going to get, the rest is up to the imagination.

Jan 9, 2018
Minor spoilers right off the bat:
So Marth and Villager are supposed to be separate paths, and get this player has unlocked both. Does seem like they used a different method like the number of Smash matches played as getting Villager before the Smash 64 unlockable fighters doesn't make sense imo.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
yes
2c4.png
Fucking Hell, this is gonna be so good.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Minor spoilers right off the bat:
So Marth and Villager are supposed to be separate paths, and get this player has unlocked both. Does seem like they used a different method like the number of Smash matches played as getting Villager before the Smash 64 unlockable fighters doesn't make sense imo.
I know that from the Sheik path you can join the Villager path pretty easily. Don't know about the Marth path but it's probably the same, even if the Marth path seems to lead to a very different portion of the map.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know all bosses and track list. Thanks.

Also, great to see some Yuyuki love with that spirit.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly dont think anyone actually knows what squad strike is yet, even that gamexplain video didn't seem sure of it.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Had to edit my post because seems like I was wrong, according to the Nintendo Power Podcast, it is indeed gonna be a continous fight using each character as a stock, per GameXplain. Sorry about the confusion.

This is the video I saw before that had me excited but then people started to doubt this and call it a misinterpretation. He sounded pretty clear to me but I'd really like video proof that it is what they say in this video. Hopefully we find out soon.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait wtf, how do you sell a game 15 days early.
Wonder if Nintendo will do something like The Pokémon Company did for Pokémon broken street date.

Oh and yeah, time to clean up that youtube history to avoid spoilers.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Bosses and music choices are definitely spoilers to some people, including myself. Everyone knows there isn't a gripping plot at hand here, but Smash has always been filled with fun little surprises. Hell, I got hyped when the L'il Oinks from Paper Mario were a trophy in the last game. It's a special sort of magic that goes beyond a simple fighting game.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure if it wasn't for Pokémon we'd be playing this already. Damn them all (except you, Eevee, with you I cannot be mad).

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that punishment was wayyy too harsh.
It is way way too harsh. 1 week? lol And his threads are as valid as the "i want goku in smash" threads (actually I think his Haruka in Smash threads aren't even that bad, at least she is a videogame character and requests for her don't make Sakurai annoyed), but people doing these don't get banned.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do you break street date two weeks early.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How many people (other than Nintendo) do you guys think are doing forensic examination on the photos to determine the person's location to triangulate the store they got it from

Hope someone sees if amiibos can unlock characters.
Has this not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves yet?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wow, well looks like I'll be contacting some people this week and see if I can score an early copy.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Rules of Nature is a good meme but all things considered, I think it's the weakest vocal song in the game.

Definitely agree about the other two though.
Stains of Time was always the great one, never understood the love for Rules of Nature over it.

tho I don't care about third party music in Smash, so whatever

Wow, well looks like I'll be contacting some people this week and see if I can score an early copy.
Is that copy from Peru? lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
"Hey guys Smash just got released early be wary of spoile..."

"HA! SMASH SPOILERS! WHAT A SILLY IDEA. SPOILER CULTURE IS CRAZY!!"

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to know the complete track list too

Hopefully I'll manage to avoid watching the WoL final boss fight and ending cutscene if that gets out there. I still want that to be somewhat of a surprise.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How the hell do you break street date two weeks early.

Nothing new really. My local store sells me anything as soon as they receive it which means I get most games I really want often two weeks before. In Dubai you also almost always get anything at least a week before release (or even way before).