• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
How would people feel if Doom Slayer was DLC?

Doomguy would be a perfect Smash character. Gotta go with his classic look though.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F542553%2F2ab13586-2f1b-4894-aeff-30b57225d3a1.jpg

Smash also needs Lara Croft someday.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Doomguy would be legit amazing. Second highest character want right now.
a06.png

It warms my heart to see him keep coming up as a request.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My god he would be an awesome choice for DLC. BFG 9000 Final Smash? Yes please! Imagine the assist trophies/items they could bring along with him. Would be amazing.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think it would've been a good idea for the announcer to say the stage name now that it takes place before the match starts

Mar 9, 2018
I kind of don't like the announcer, or at least the way it's recorded. A little too...echoy? Not enough fullness in the voice or the way it's recorded.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think it would've been a good idea for the announcer to say the stage name now that it takes place before the match starts
you can swap it to take place as normal iirc

getting xander to say 103 stage names thopugh....would be very good
[announcer voice] BIG Battlefield!

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Doomguy would not fit at all, speaking as a huge Doom fan. Though that would make him even more absurd and hilarious of a choice. I would also require a Cacodemon AT. I guess, without the gibs and gore, he really wouldn't be much more violent than Solid Snake.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Doomguy would not fit at all, speaking as a huge Doom fan. Though that would make him even more absurd and hilarious of a choice. I would also require a Cacodemon AT. I guess, without the gibs and gore, he really wouldn't be much more violent than Solid Snake.

Don't forget a Cacodemon Spirit Battle with Red Kirby using the Super Scope!

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
If Cloud can happen, Doom Guy can happen.
Demon Slayer triumvirate; Belmont, Doom Guy and Dante.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I was thinking more of a video showing some or a wiki page....

to help plan my attack >=O
I could post all of the challenges, but most of them are fairly standard. The Smash, Classic and Games and More categories mostly involve doing certain things in matches with certain characters, or clearing Classic/Mob Smash at a certain intensity or in a certain time. Most of the Spirit challenges seem like stuff you'd get just by playing the game, same with the Online and "Other" categories. You don't really need a plan of attack for this one.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I've been very cautiously watching this thread and saw some music leaks early on. Do we have any idea about returning 64 songs? Particularly Master Hand, Metal Mario, and Fighting Polygon Team's themes? Those are songs I feel never got much love post-64 and I wish they'd bring them back.
Every track from 64 seems to be back, besides the opening theme. That includes the How to Play song, Menu theme, Character Select theme, Bonus Game theme, Dual Zone, Meta Crystal and Final Destination themes.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Just remembered, can anybody confirm a Latam Dub? or if your switch is on a Latam region do they use the Spanish dub?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I could post all of the challenges, but most of them are fairly standard. The Smash, Classic and Games and More categories mostly involve doing certain things in matches with certain characters, or clearing Classic/Mob Smash at a certain intensity or in a certain time. Most of the Spirit challenges seem like stuff you'd get just by playing the game, same with the Online and "Other" categories. You don't really need a plan of attack for this one.

I think they're referring to the rewards you get. For example, if you want the Toy-Con Mii costume set right away, you probably want to aim for the Spirit challenges that have them.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I think they're referring to the rewards you get. For example, if you want the Toy-Con Mii costume set right away, you probably want to aim for the Spirit challenges that have them.
Oh, well you're probably best to answer that then, because you've played the game, right? I only have the text dump and music.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Is Greninja the character with the best recovery? I've seen some videos these days and doesn't matter how far from the platform he is, he'll get back to it. It's like he's not dead, until he's put into the damn orbit.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Doomguy just wouldn't work because of guns. You can't even make his guns seem more fantastical outside the bfg. Plus you need the chainsaw.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I hear people saying "X" character is broken, but you're not taking into account this is a different smash game. For all we know this is the kind of pacing and damage they wanted to.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is Greninja the character with the best recovery? I've seen some videos these days and doesn't matter how far from the platform he is, he'll get back to it. It's like he's not dead, until he's put into the damn orbit.
Meta Knight and Pikachu plus characters with warp like Palutena and Zelda then K Rool are characters that I think have the best recoveries.