• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is what im talking about. Talking about characters getting banned BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN OUT.
You know he's joking right? As a Bayo main who received more hate than he deserved for playing a character many painted as broken he's overreacting to demonstrate how dumb much of the hate he got was

NeonStars

Feb 23, 2018
You know he's joking right? As a Bayo main who received more hate than he deserved for playing a character many painted as broken he's overreacting to demonstrate how dumb much of the hate he got was

Isn't this that clown who made a joke of Smash 4's final evo? He deserved the hate.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Squad Strike can be played against the computer, or if you can do CPU vs. CPU if you just want something entertaining to watch while eating dinner?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
No changing, keep it as it is KoF style and a shared FSM and it's perfect. Damn I didn't know this mode was in Smash. 3v3 would definitely work in a competitive setting.

This has been mentioned many times before, but the best part is that you don't have to choose different characters. You can pick the same character three times if you want, making it identical to normal battles. Squad Strike has the potential to replace singles entirely.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Lmao Mega Man what they do to you. Crash Bomber don't kill Mario until 428% and you can't even grab using Leaf Shield anymore.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't know the Bayo players' names so didn't know it was him making fun of what he got, no

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
You know what would be hilarious? That the day 1 patch makes so many changes and fixes that it renders the entire 2 weeks of hackers playing the game and analyzing everything useless.

ynthrepic

Oct 25, 2017
This is what im talking about. Talking about characters getting banned BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN OUT.

Unless its fixed, if that's something easily done in matches then it might actually be considered, and for good reason? Its probably for the best that these people are finding all these cheesy exploits because it means they will be fixed sooner.

That metaknight 0 to death looks nasty. I wonder if the person tried to DI out of it?

well he does say actual matches so im assuming its not someone new to the games

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's weird, Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur have stock icons, CSS icons and Palutena's guidances for each individual Pokemon (that, as far as I'm aware, never play). It's also apparently easy to just mod them into the CSS. The game is already set up for them to be solo, since there are spirit battles where Trainer doesn't appear, and the individual Pokemon do (without a down special)

I wonder if at some point it was planned, or is still planned, to allow them to be played individually without the Trainer mechanic

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird, Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur have stock icons, CSS icons and Palutena's guidances for each individual Pokemon (that, as far as I'm aware, never play). It's also apparently easy to just mod them into the CSS. The game is already set up for them to be solo, since there are spirit battles where Trainer doesn't appear, and the individual Pokemon do (without a down special)

I wonder if at some point it was planned, or is still planned, to allow them to be played individually without the Trainer mechanic
wait do they actually have unique guidances, do they just have placeholders for guidances, or fo they have files for guidances that just point to the Pokemon Trainer guidance like I assume the Koopalings (to each other) & Alph (to Olimar) do

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
wait do they actually have unique guidances, do they just have placeholders for guidances, or fo they have files for guidances that just point to the Pokemon Trainer guidance like I assume the Koopalings (to each other) & Alph (to Olimar) do
They have subtitles for them, I don't know if they actually recorded them or not.
Is that a Squirtle?

The Tiny Turtle Pokémon.

Mmm... I have a sudden craving for tiny turtle stew.

What is wrong with you?

Squirtle is one of the first Pokémon you can get!

And this time around, Squirtle has more water

moves in its arsenal.

Getting a little wet doesn't bother me!

Don't underestimate water, Pit. With enough

force and precision, it becomes a blade that

can cut through anything.

You're right. All these fighters are here for a reason.

I can't let my guard down against anyone!

When Squirtle charges at you with its shell, guard,

and then counterattack when it's up in the air.

That's Bulbasaur! ...Or is it Venusaur?

It's Ivysaur. The Pokémon's form before it evolves

into Venusaur.

I know I'm supposed to fight it, but I gotta say,

it's pretty stinkin' cute.

Cute and deadly! Ivysaur's Vine Whip is as versatile

as it is dangerous.

It can be used like a whip as the name implies,

but it can also grab opponents.

It can even be used to grab onto ledges in a pinch!

I see. Hey, I'm really grateful for all the info,

Viridi, but where's Lady Palutena?

Who cares? Palutena doesn't know squat about

plants! This is where I shine!

Where was I? Oh, the Vine Whip has a deceptively long

reach. And don't forget about Bullet Seed as well!

Charizard's is just from Smash 4

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

theyre probably just coded as three different characters internally because of how their gimmick works, but I don't think that's an indicator of them intending to separate them, just a matter of how the character system works

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Is there an option for looking at the collected spirits and sort them? Kinda like the sticker album in Brawl.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
theyre probably just coded as three different characters internally because of how their gimmick works, but I don't think that's an indicator of them intending to separate them, just a matter of how the character system works
There's no reason they require a guidance to work. There is no situation where you could ever trigger them, and the game already has a fallback if the character lacks one.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This has been mentioned many times before, but the best part is that you don't have to choose different characters. You can pick the same character three times if you want, making it identical to normal battles. Squad Strike has the potential to replace singles entirely.
But that'd be just like playing regular stock battles, I'd like to see competitive 3v3 KoF style where you pick 3 different characters with no switching till one team is down. That'd be rad.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, all the Palutena's Guidance stuff just makes me wish there was more character interactions between everyone in the game itself. You got all these characters together, let's hear what some of them have to say about eachother more, Marvel VS Capcom was great at this. Even just simple things like Hulk mixing up the two Phoenixes are great. I need more of it than just the codecs and Palutena's guidance.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
But that'd be just like playing regular stock battles, I'd like to see competitive 3v3 KoF style where you pick 3 different characters with no switching till one team is down. That'd be rad.

No, I mean that it has the potential to entirely replace normal matches. People who only want to play as one character can still do so, but they face opponents who have the option to choose different characters for each stock.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this that clown who made a joke of Smash 4's final evo? He deserved the hate.
He got the hate because he played Bayo. The finals was him throwing a middle finger up to the fuckers booing him and sending him death threats all tournament. He did nothing wrong except picked a top tier in a tournament.

Hace

Sep 21, 2018
It's really frustrating and I partially blame ZeRo and his hyperbole/humor. His Ultimate videos have been overwhelmingly callings things broken, and while I don't think he's being legitimate, I do think some of his viewers take him seriously.
Saying something is broken just means it's good lmao

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Would probably be named Doom Marine and have either both his modern design and classic 90s design or just his old 90s design. For instance both Pac-Man and Megaman are based on their older forms, though I guess Sonic is oddly only modern style, even though we have Sonic Generations and Forces and Mania all with classic chubby pointy shoes Sonic. Cloud has 2 designs in his alts as do Wario and Bayonetta.
A skin wouldn't be able to change Sonic's proportions. Smash Sonic although using the modern design and voice always had animation based on the 2d games anyway.