• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so it looks like I'll be hanging with friends playing this

quick who's the most OP character so far so I can make them hate the game

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
LOL

Ds9haN3W0AA3qPo.jpg
394.jpg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so it looks like I'll be hanging with friends playing this

quick who's the most OP character so far so I can make them hate the game
Pikachu, Meta Knight, or Olimar are the characters that people think are the best. Play Ridley if you have a change of heart and want to get bodied

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu, Meta Knight, or Olimar are the characters that people think are the best. Play Ridley if you have a change of heart and want to get bodied
PIKACHU??????

omg

I've always loved Pikachu since the first Smash Brothers, and now he's one of the top ones? After 20 years, I'M FREE TO CONQUER EARTH

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
I've always loved Pikachu since the first Smash Brothers, and now he's one of the top ones? After 20 years, I'M FREE TO CONQUER EARTH
Pikachu was/is the best character in Smash 64 and has been at least above average in every single Smash game. He has the best track record out of everyone apart from maybe Marth post SSB4 patches.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
PIKACHU??????

omg

Pikachu has always been a pretty good character in every Smash game. In terms of tier lists, it was literally the best in Smash 64, top 10 in Melee and Brawl and top 20 in Smash 4.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu was/is the best character in Smash 64 and has been at least above average in every single Smash game. He has the best track record out of everyone apart from maybe Marth post SSB4 patches.
Pikachu has always been a pretty good character in every Smash game. In terms of Tier List, it was literally the best in Smash 64, top 10 in Melee and Brawl and top 20 in Smash 4.

oh guess I sucked with him always rofl

I always loved using his thunder since you can move after you cast it

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know he's joking right? As a Bayo main who received more hate than he deserved for playing a character many painted as broken he's overreacting to demonstrate how dumb much of the hate he got was

It's almost as if people are lurking for scapegoats to hate on competitive Smash.

giphy.gif

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, if you are interested, the Isabelle Kirby seems to do Isabelle's "fail pose" instead of copying the Villager's!

I have a picture of the Daisy Kirby

RKH1y1f.jpg

With the appropiate Blue Toad of course.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
oh guess I sucked with him always rofl

I always loved using his thunder since you can move after you cast it
Side note, the character that's actually the best and the character that you can most easily use to make a newbie hate the game are probably not the same. Assuming you're an average level player.

EDIT: But if any character has the potential to be both, it might be Pikachu.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pikachu has always been a pretty good character in every Smash game. In terms of tier lists, it was literally the best in Smash 64, top 10 in Melee and Brawl and top 20 in Smash 4.
Let's be real, Axe is top 10 in Melee. Nobody plays pika like him. Nobody places with Pikachu besides Axe.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The entire forum backend was upgraded to a more secure version, and nothing could be ported over. Admins decided that as long as everything had to be rebuilt anyway, they might as well make something new.
Is there any way to disable stuff like the "you may be interested in these similar threads" or the avatars showing next to thread names on the main forum?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Is there any way to disable stuff like the "you may be interested in these similar threads" or the avatars showing next to thread names on the main forum?

Nope. Request that in the official topic. The devs were very receptive to feedback during the beta and changed a lot of stuff. I'm sure the number of changes and tweaks we'll end up seeing to this design have barely begun.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if you are interested, the Isabelle Kirby seems to do Isabelle's "fail pose" instead of copying the Villager's!

I have a picture of the Daisy Kirby

RKH1y1f.jpg

With the appropiate Blue Toad of course.
Really loving the look of Hi-Def Fourside! It's capturing that "amber lights" nighttime atmosphere without making it look too gloomy. The city line and illuminated clouds from the moon's light helps and is great art direction. Overall there's a lot more feeling of depth than in Melee.

Oct 25, 2017
Any more Rool gameplay from leaked copies? I didn't care at all for him as a character but seeing him in action makes my pants moist.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018

(Once mained Olimar in Brawl, Pikachu in Meelee, Shulk in 4 and is planning on adding Meta knight to their maind).

My time has come...

WaluigiTime

Oct 27, 2017
Good Burger
Sorry if this has been asked before buy can you customize the random stages more? Like can I make it so I can have normal Fountain of Dreams, FD/BF New Pork City, and hazardless Wily's Castle on random?

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any general impressions about world of light? Is it fun, or does the endless event mode style fights get repetitive after a couple hours?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Any general impressions about world of light? Is it fun, or does the endless event mode style fights get repetitive after a couple hours?

The one impression I saw here in the thread mentioned that it gets tiring pretty quickly since there's very little variety. It seems like a mode you need to take your time with rather than marathon.