• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2018/videogames

Of course Amazon tends to lean towards Nintendo more in terms of game sales, and surely isn't a representation of the entire software market, however I thought this was pretty noteable.

We're 4-5 months out from release, and the game is already the best selling of the year.

I truly think this game will be huge, even for the series, and could even do better than most think.

I actually believe at this point, Smash will be the primary driver of Switches over Pokémon LGP/LGE. What are your expectations for it?

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting it to break 4 million in it's first month in America. Would be the biggest Nintendo launch by a long shot.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While Amazon only represents a portion of potential sales, I guess we can take this as a good sign for Smash.

I have yet to pre-order Smash myself, but I'll likely get on it via Best Buy once I have some more cash set aside for the game.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This doesnt tell us anything new...game has been dominating the preorder charts since its announcements - and Sony/Amazon had beef for a couple of months otherwise God of War would probably higher as well.

Grand Staff

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! Really excited to see the sales and how much of a push the Switch will get from both Smash and Pokemon!

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying the GC bundle and all the DLC and all the 3rd Party character amiibos!

Smash is gonna make a lot of money!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I likely will wait until November or something to preorder, zero rush. In the worst of cases with the grand majority of my titles being digital I wouldn't mind buying digital, but resale value of these games is insane when it comes time to sell shit to afford new consoles so it's silly to not buy physical.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It should be noted that the rush on amazon preorders following the announcement of the termination of Prime discounts seems to have had a large impact on yearly numbers (Super Mario Party also jumped many position in the yearly ranking, for example). Still, it's quite impressive how Smash Ultimate has been received and is getting n preorders (as per Benji's comment of Smash probably going to be the biggest launch for Nintendo ever).

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the Gamecube controller bundle to be announced for North America before I preorder, but I've already preordered Ridley, Wolf, and another Gamecube controller.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I haven't even pre ordered it yet. Add a +1

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Smash beating Lets go would be really satisfying.
If Let's Go sells similarly to other remakes, Smash would beat it anyway. But since Let's Go is also the first pair of Pokémon games on the Switch, it'll likely get a bit of a boost in sales compared to other remakes.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
What changed hype-wise between this one and the one on the U? Why didn't the latter also break records?

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprising, you can't pre-order Spiderman and king RDR2 on Amazon.

Games gonna be huge though.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
quite frankly, I find the shop cards more interesting. gift cards are more popular while short term subscription cards are more popular

the first nintendo card shows up at #38. wonder how subscriptions will do on Amazon