• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
YESSSSSS. I need cross progression/account sharing. I've put an embarrassing amount of money (and time!) into Smite on Xbox. I love it. Will happily play on Switch but would really like to take my progression with me.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It would be nice if you explained what Smite is?

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice if you explained what Smite is?
Third person MOBA from Hi-Rez Studios, creators of Paladins and Tribes (and other dead projects who may rest in piece).

I bet this is gonna be announced this weekend at Hi-Rez Expo in Atlanta. Can't say I'm totally shocked, Paladins on Switch has worked pretty well for them (and it's recieving gyro controls next week).

YESSSSSS. I need cross progression/account sharing. I've put an embarrassing amount of money (and time!) into Smite on Xbox. I love it. Will happily play on Switch but would really like to take my progression with me.

I bet they will do some sort of one-time account linking like they did with Xbox and PS4.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross Account and Im in.

Got the all character pack a while ago.

Very worth.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Was that an account transfer though? Like moving your account? Or a share? Because I really want cross-platform use (like Fortnite) so I can play on both.
Correct term could be "copied" more than shared or linked. As far as I know, you could copy your account in the exact same way it was at that point, getting all your crystals, gold, champions and skins you had at that time on PC. It was a one time deal just for limited time.

I have no idea if the accounts get synchronized a la Fortnite, for example,getting all your new content bought shared on all platforms. But it is know that Hi-Rez is working on expanding cross-play beyond the current Xbox One and Switch shared servers.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Third person MOBA from Hi-Rez Studios, creators of Paladins and Tribes (and other dead projects who may rest in piece).

I bet this is gonna be announced this weekend at Hi-Rez Expo in Atlanta. Can't say I'm totally shocked, Paladins on Switch has worked pretty well for them (and it's recieving gyro controls next week).

Thanks, this is what should be on the OP.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at about 500 hrs on PS4 and my wife hates Smite. Being able to play on the loo and in bed will be the end of my marriage...

That's too bad

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I need to be able to link my Smite and Paladins PC accounts, I had so much stuff, that is why i don't buy skins on the Switch.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I need to be able to link my Smite and Paladins PC accounts, I had so much stuff, that is why i don't buy skins on the Switch.
I assume the whole Nintendo Switch linking should be coming out this month, by the same time Fortnite let people link their accounts on Switch gaining their items back after the whole PS4 locking account fiasco, but I haven't read/heard Hi-Rez say something about the matter yet.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed Smite on PC, though I fell out of the habit of playing once Rocket League came around. This is a great add.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Great news.
Couldn't get into Arena of Valor, but played this a lot on the PS4. Looks like between this and Diablo 3 my night time fix is sorted.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Played a bit, ended up playing more of Paragon at the time.

Great game! Keep 'em coming!

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
If I can transfer my cosmetics and whatnot from PS4 to Switch I'm in...if not...well...I guess I might still download it...

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Good news for Switch owners, it was the first MOBA I played when it first came out on the PS4 (around Season 3) and I'm still continuing to play it pretty regularly even now towards the end of Season 5.

The game has some technical issues and bugs, especially following patch days unfortunately... but overall I really enjoy the way it feels and controls, the variety of characters on offer and honestly think Season 5 has been the best season so far in term of balancing that the devs have done.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Paladins is an excellent port, i do occasionally play it so it makes sense for them to bring other games.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Cross play as well? Nice

If they bring cross progression/account sharing as well I'm 100% in.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I wonder if this will be part of the upcoming Direct. Also, this made me download Paladins and I learned it has gyro controls now. Maybe I'll play every now and then now that I finally decided to stop playing Rocket League for good.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018