Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, there was already a looot of battle theme on the first release, can't wait.
Yeah, the problem imo was that there were too many and the best ones only played once or twice.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the soundtrack is still probably the best part of the game, but it's a lot weaker than Kozuka's work on SMT IV + IVA because it's mostly 'wandering around big desert' music instead of distinct area and battle stuff.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding correctly that the redone tracks are used in the new path? I originally read it as if the original soundtrack was remastered for the original campaign, like Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

I eagerly await the wiki page that documents every change between the original game, this new game's original path, and the new path.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
The amount of literally new content in Vengence is insane from what we've seen just from the trailers. To me it feels further beyond the "Royal" treatment that P5 got.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Every bit of news about this game just sounds better and better. I enjoyed vanilla SMTV enough but it was definitely lacking in many areas so I'm down to dive into a more "complete" version.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
This game's soundtrack was already BANGIN. Some of the best area themes in any jrpg ever for me. The dense and thick atmosphere the soundtrack adds to the game is truly immaculate. The way the sound of the demon screams when they charge you compliment the loud and abrasive sounds of some of the harder area tracks is really cool, especially when you're fresh off getting your ass beat. When I'm soaking in the atmosphere with the updated graphics and performance I'm going to fucking ascend. Of course the battle themes are great but we all know about that.

Praying these songs can at least match some of the best songs in the original soundtrack.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
As much as I enjoyed SMTV, I never finished it because I felt like it lost a lot of steam in the last area (plus the difficulty spike there was ridiculous)

Here's hoping this rectifies those issues

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
I'm honestly so titled I wasted money and time on the vanilla version, learning my lesson for next time.

Necromanti

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way, the IV OST is consistently fucking awesome.
I'm just saying relative to V. Some of the tracks in IV got grating for me after a while. Plus, I think I prefer the battle themes in V overall. (But I'm also someone who prefers DDS2's battle themes over what was in something like Nocturne).

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I enjoyed SMTV, I never finished it because I felt like it lost a lot of steam in the last area (plus the difficulty spike there was ridiculous)

Here's hoping this rectifies those issues
I think it was really a problem with the "open" structure of the last area. I was frustrated there for a while, then found an actual path (following the streets up north, IIRC) where the level scale seemed to work. Then I finished everything in that direction aside from the main story bosses. Then took on other directions aside from South and finally South (with the lvl72 Orochi). When I was done with everything I finally got around facing the 3 bosses.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they didn't touch the final boss theme. It's perfect

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
fuck the ost was already fucking killer you're telling me it could be even MORE killer?!?!?!?

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
possible retouched Destruction? Eon? and Battle - Humans, Demons and....?
We Will Be There.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
this game is going to be fuckin SICK dude

like I'm over here expecting one of the best RPGs of this generation based on how much I enjoyed vanilla SMTV

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I like the variety of battle themes, getting over otherwise great songs because you've heard them too much is a shame... and who can say no to more amazing Kozuka tracks? SMTV's soundtrack is my favorite Megaten soundtrack with DDS', just an incredible body of work. Can't wait for more bangers!

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
New music is definitely always appreciated, though I'm actually a bit less thrilled by the idea of them mucking around with the original release's music which was already perfection... runs the risk of being a downgrade.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
This whole expanded rerelease is shaping up to be much more than a simple expansion. I'm eager to get my ps5 copy in june.

Reveirg

Nov 20, 2017
Hmmm I've been growing tired of Atlus rereleases (P5R and P3R have soured me on replaying 80+ hour games with little new content). But this is making it sound very tempting. I really wonder how different the new path is going to be.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
every time they announce something new about Vengence, the more dumb I feel for getting the OG version đź’€

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
75 hours of brand new content for the new path?! This keeps sounding better and better.

Glad I refunded the OG Switch version early, performance was god-awful.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
SMT V superboss was an amazing experience and I expect Vengeance's new one to be even better.