• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 2, 2018

Finally! I was very curious about this game and am happy we got a release date!

SNACK WORLD: THE DUNGEON CRAWL – GOLD is coming to Nintendo Switch!
Gear up, crawl through dungeons in search for rare treasure, and battle brutal bosses with up to three other players locally or online to become a heroic adventurer in this RPG from LEVEL-5!

Categories
RPG, Action

Players
1 - 4

Publisher
LEVEL-5

Developer
LEVEL-5

Languages
German, English, Spanish, French, Italian

Download size
6840.00 MB

NSwitch_SnackWorldTheDungeonCrawlGold_01_enGB.jpg

NSwitch_SnackWorldTheDungeonCrawlGold_02_enGB.jpg

NSwitch_SnackWorldTheDungeonCrawlGold_03_enGB.jpg

NSwitch_SnackWorldTheDungeonCrawlGold_05_enGB.jpg

NSwitch_SnackWorldTheDungeonCrawlGold_04_enGB.jpg

NSwitch_SnackWorldTheDungeonCrawlGold_06_enGB.jpg

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ni...-THE-DUNGEON-CRAWL-GOLD-1686746.html#Overview

This game is an enhanced remaster of a 3DS game we never got, and the western release of the Switch version.

Here is some gameplay of the japanese version:

Snack me, if old.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This took a while.....is Nintendo publishing it in the west or just Europe?

Seems like this would have been a nice game very early in the Switch lifecycle....but now ?

Is it full price ?

Edit:.
Weird trailer....guess they know better not to show gameplay footage of this one...lol.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
That is, hopefully Yo-Kai Watch 4 will arrive in 2021.

Everything is fine in Level 5 /s

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dig the art style but not showing one second of game footage does not instill confidence in me about this.

Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that this is a Switch remaster of a 3DS game. Obviously the 3DS version isn't coming.

I hope that's also the release date for the US, or at least close to it.

Nintendo is publishing this? weird

They publish most Level-5 stuff, like Professor Layton and Yo-kai Watch.
Ni no Kuni is published by Bandai-Namco.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
It looks like a fantasy life spiritual sequel in the gameplay sense.....or maybe I just didn't watch enough.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017

I see why they didnt put gameplay in the trailer, looks low budget. However thats not to say it wouldnt be fun if there are a lot of cool abilities/spells/moves and/or deep combat system

fact its level 5 makes me interested in this

not getting why its called snack world though I must have missed it (not enough coffee perhaps)

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Is this local multiplayer on a single switch? Or is it local wireless multiplayer? Looks like it could be a fun game to play coop with my son.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
February slot: Filled
That's pretty much all there is to it.
Doubt Nintendo expect big sales or that L5 has a future planned for that IP, which is a bummer.

With Switch Lite being a thing and post Pokemon it's probably the best time to throw that game out there and see if it survives.

This is a game that should be introduced with a budget price though & the usual first party Nintendo price Tag doesn't seem like the right fit imo. Especially for a new IP that's based on a 3DS game and looks like it in 2020.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is not the first time that Nintendo uses very late Level 5 games to fill schedules.

Like, they will not expect to sell much but it is already something in retail after Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
I know that, but the common conception was that Nintendo dumped L5 after the 3DS. Layton Mystery Journal was self published and it seems L5 will do Yokai Watch 4 themselves

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doubt Nintendo expect big sales or that L5 has a future planned for that IP, which is a bummer.

With Switch Lite being a thing and post Pokemon it's probably the best time to throw that game out there and see if it survives.

This is a game that should be introduced with a budget price though & the usual first party Nintendo price Tag doesn't seem like the right fit imo. Especially for a new IP that's based on a 3DS game and looks like it in 2020.

I agree. The same pricepoint as Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker would be fitting, I think.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's still isn't confirmed for North American release. And it might not at all, NoE exclusively localizes some L5 games like Inazuma Eleven and localizes some much earlier than NoA like Yokai series. L5 games are crazy popular in central Europe.

The US has bigger things to worry about than L5 games.

Oct 25, 2017

Veeeery doubtful Snack World has a future. Level-5 has not announced anything new about it, and the anime only lasted 50 episodes with no hint of a continuation.
But yeah, the right move would be a $40 price tag. We'll see what happens.

I know that, but the common conception was that Nintendo dumped L5 after the 3DS. Layton Mystery Journal was self published and it seems L5 will do Yokai Watch 4 themselves

Level-5 may have self-published Layton's Mystery Journey, but Nintendo has been doing the marketing.
And who knows what's happening with Yo-kai Watch 4 now.
There's been strong rumors that Level-5's American branch was cleared out, and all that's left is a skeleton crew.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So wait, Snack World is a dungeon crawler, not just your regular RPG? If so, this is a definite Day 1 for me.

February is starting to get crowded for me, with Darksiders Genesis being another Day 1.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe Nintendo's publishing this. They're probably distributing like they did Katrielle DX but Level 5 is the publisher.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is listed as the publisher for this game on their own homepage. That wasn't the case for Layton, where Level 5 is listed as the publisher.
Nope. It's Level 5.

www.nintendo.com

SNACK WORLD: THE DUNGEON CRAWL — GOLD for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy SNACK WORLD: THE DUNGEON CRAWL — GOLD and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

edit: Oh, appears Nintendo might be handling it in Europe?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't enjoy this game much but I'll definitely be grabbing the localization.

Hopefully all my jaras and snacks work with it l

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well my partner will be excited about this; she's been frothing at the mouth for this game for years now. If it really is similar to Fantasy Life I might be interested too, but I haven't watched the gameplay video posted yet

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It took so long between the leak/rumor and the release, and it's like 3 years too late but that's Level 5 for you.
I might get this but honesty would have preferred Fantasy Life 2/HD port.

Oct 25, 2017
For those wondering, this game is combination of Fantasy Life and Yo-kai Watch Blasters. It will likely be better than Yo-kai Watch Blasters 2 (a rushed sequel with numerous bugs)

It took so long between the leak/rumor and the release, and it's like 3 years too late but that's Level 5 for you.
I might get this but honesty would have preferred Fantasy Life 2/HD port.

HD remaster would be cool
Fantasy Life 2 technically exists. It's Fantasy Life Online for mobile. Of course, it's Japan only.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
What's interesting is that most of the official artwork has stayed the same, but the main character has become happier on the western stuff.

Compare:

95494ccc1a884bbc5ac080d344a0445a7346fbd5a0bb4b8eb65c3bcf4528faec.jpg
SQ_NSwitch_SnackWorld_enGB.jpg