• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The game is £39.99 on the UK eShop, where normal prices are £49.99 (like Mario Odyssey) or £59.99 (like Super Smash Bros.)

garion333

Oct 27, 2017

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I know I can, but to have a store page that has no actual game footage at all is crazy.

They must've heard me because...

;)

Hmmm, $50 in US. Considering how much I disliked Busters I may hold off until a sale.
Oh ok, I see your point. I think the seems fair, unless the game is very short. I can let you know once I get to play it for a while.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Wow this looks similar to Fantasy Life, which I've wanted a proper sequel for, for the longest time.

Oct 25, 2017

Confirmation that the Japanese toys will not work in the localized version. Instead, you visit this fortune teller once a day and get the rewards. A decent compromise.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Man you know it's not looking good when Youtuber's covering games out in February forget to mention this game.

Confirmation that the Japanese toys will not work in the localized version. Instead, you visit this fortune teller once a day and get the rewards. A decent compromise.

Boooooo........ Oh well, I still have my 3DS version of the game for this. Also means the toys will probably continue to get cheaper in japan.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
So by that video, I'm assuming their claim of local multiplayer is only when everyone has a system and copy of the game?

Sigh.

Oct 28, 2017
When they give you everything for free in the western release, why limited it to daily like a log in bonus? It's a weird decision - couldn't it just drop like with the rest of the loot?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i'm not sure you could come up with a title that makes people less interested in a game than "Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl - Gold".

maybe "Ni No Kuni".

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
When they give you everything for free in the western release, why limited it to daily like a log in bonus? It's a weird decision - couldn't it just drop like with the rest of the loot?

According to this poster the toys just increase your odds of getting loot that is already dropping in the game.

Even in the JP release you can get 95% of the weapons without the toys. The toys just give you a small-ish (10-20%) chance to get a copy of the weapon for free when you scan it daily along with some crafting materials.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
What? Even with the gatcha toys you do not just get the item? WOW
Sadly nope but since you can scan in all your toys every single day it's not horrible. I went through all the toys I got from a full box and got 1/3 of them on first scan. I'd say the crafting items are far more important so you can upgrade your existing stuff but being only able to use the witch once per a day really sucks. It should allow a few or should throw out 2-3x the amount of items. =/

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do Level5 games retain their price long after release? I really want to get this but at the same time don't feel like paying full price for it either.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017

I'm okay with this. I have a collection of Jaras, but also had the Japanese version. The Jaras only increased the odds of specific gear dropping and the components needed to upgrade them. Everything was still available/obtainable in game. I can't imagine many Western players will have bought large collections of Jara specifically for use with the localised version of the game.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
FYI to the last few posters but the game is $50. So $10 cheaper then normal switch games. If you want a physical copy I wouldn't wait around for long.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Does the online have matchmaking or does it have to be with people you know? It looks like it would be fun with people, but no one I know is going to get this game.

Kamagii

Oct 27, 2017
South of Heaven
im Pretty interested in this game but watching a few previews of it is making me think the game has a long start up time to get to the " good parts" I saw one that was indifferent about it saying it was kind of fun but the story was very uninteresting.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
My preorder is ready, and I also think I'll have the game friday :)

Who is making the OT?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god this is soon! I thought it was later

Looking forward to seeing english gameplay and footage. I'm interested in it but will probably wait for a price drop, got too much else going on right now

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017

Looking forward to seeing english gameplay and footage. I'm interested in it but will probably wait for a price drop, got too much else going on right now
There is a lot of footage of the japanese version, as well as trailers of the english version. Just get it when you can :)

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
I reviewed it and I liked it, I just wish they'd promoted it more.
It feels barely anyone knows this game even exists.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I still maintain that no demo isn't going to do this game any favor, I'm not trusting Level 5 on this game, especially since it bombed in Japan (was supposed to be the next Yokai Watch, they said)

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I still maintain that no demo isn't going to do this game any favor, I'm not trusting Level 5 on this game, especially since it bombed in Japan (was supposed to be the next Yokai Watch, they said)
Poor Level 5, everything they make seems to bomb. Oh well, I look forward to get my copy.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada

There is a good chance you'll be waiting for a digital sale.

I agree that not having a demo isn't helping win over people who might be on the fence but as for Japan, that's pretty much Level 5 in a nutshell regardless off the quality of the game. If timing didn't work out YW would have probably been a flop as well.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow reviews will go live
not living the game so far

no nfc Toy while many aspectsa of the game were based on that part
funny world but way less charming than fantasy life
basic gameplay

Last edited:

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
What I want from the game is some quick dungeon crawling while playing the Switch handheld. I don't mind it if the story isn't anything special. Will I get that? :)

I won't play it online.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What I want from the game is some quick dungeon crawling while playing the Switch handheld. I don't mind it if the story isn't anything special. Will I get that? :)

I won't play it online.
I'd hang tight for reviews. This technically does look to do that, but the previews look pretty bad. The Gamexplain preview was pretty rough

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Average 3DS game sold at full price in HD in Switch - not quite sure what Nintendo is thinking with that publishing decision.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018

I won't play it online.

I liked it a lot. The embargo lifts at 4 pm CEST, you'll have a better idea then.

Average 3DS game sold at full price in HD in Switch - not quite sure what Nintendo is thinking with that publishing decision.

I might be in the minority, but I liked it. It's a well done dungeon crawler, lots of stuff to do and things to craft.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I might be in the minority, but I liked it. It's a well done dungeon crawler, lots of stuff to do and things to craft.
That's good to hear - haven't played the game yet so I'm just speaking from my impressions as an outsider who has seen the trailers and some of the buzz from the JPN release.

Average in this case means a 7/10 - which is still considered good ...but the market is kinda brutal right now, with alot of competition.
I thought Level 5 is self publishing?
You are right - for some reason I thought Nintendo would be involved. It also doesn't seem to be full 60 bucks...so that's at least something.

Interesting to see how it performs.

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
Level 5 IPs are amazing and i want to support them on Switch, i'm waiting for Yo Kai Watch 4++ on the west (hopefully they localize Yo Kai Watch 1 HD too) but this game is fine for now.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
That's good to hear - haven't played the game yet so I'm just speaking from my impressions as an outsider who has seen the trailers and some of the buzz from the JPN release.

Average in this case means a 7/10 - which is still considered good ...but the market is kinda brutal right now, with alot of competition.

You are right - for some reason I thought Nintendo would be involved. It also doesn't seem to be full 60 bucks...so that's at least something.

Interesting to see how it performs.

I ranked it much higher than that, I can't share the vote but it's a shame it's being so overlooked, to me it's a little rough gem.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Reviews are going up.

www.youtube.com

Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold REVIEW

Is Snack World fresh, or stale? Find out if Level 5’s Nintendo-published roguelike is worth snapping up or sleeping on in our review for Nintendo Switch!➤ PA...
They were mixed.

It's $50, so $10 less then full priced. I've put about 10h into the 3DS version and enjoyed my time with it. So i'm looking forward to replaying it on switch this weekend.