• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Jan 2, 2018
What's interesting is that most of the official artwork has stayed the same, but the main character has become happier on the western stuff.

Compare:

95494ccc1a884bbc5ac080d344a0445a7346fbd5a0bb4b8eb65c3bcf4528faec.jpg
SQ_NSwitch_SnackWorld_enGB.jpg

So a reverse Kirby?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Did they ever release the anime in English? I remember watching the dub at Anime Expo this past year, but now that I think of it it may have been just the pilot movie that was already streamed in English earlier. My kids were entertained.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Wish it was coming this year as the beginning of next is going to be packed.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Sorry to bump a few month old thread but does anybody else feel like this game will be a bit of a small bomb and get over looked? I normally don't pre-order too many switch games unless I'm getting a discount but I decided to do so this week for this one because I'm a little concern retail copies will be in short supply at launch (based on how it's been for past level 5 games, specially their last few on 3DS).

Also has anybody heard if the NFC toys will work on the NA release?

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
LEVEL 5.....
50/50 The game is good but not great, or a piece of shit.

The gameplay trailer looked fun but they killed every bit of trust from me over the years.

edit- wait this is old? How did I miss this?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump a few month old thread but does anybody else feel like this game will be a bit of a small bomb and get over looked? I normally don't pre-order too many switch games unless I'm getting a discount but I decided to do so this week for this one because I'm a little concern retail copies will be in short supply at launch (based on how it's been for past level 5 games, specially their last few on 3DS).

Also has anybody heard if the NFC toys will work on the NA release?
bombing is all but guaranteed

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
bombing is all but guaranteed
=( Shame because I just got around to playing the 3DS version and I'm really enjoying it (it was cheap and I plan on replay it again on switch). There was also a lot of love for Fantasy Life and this feels like a solid progression from it and Yokai Blasters.

-edit-
Also if it's expected to be a bomb, it's only print run might be quite small. (yokai watch 3 barely had any copies and doubled in price 2 months later)

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Whoa, it's a month away now? And we still know nothing??

Since we aren't getting the toys (and I don't WANT us to anyway) I am very hopeful they have integrated the toy aspect into the game itself, rather than just cutting whatever content was tied to it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game needs a demo so bad, I love Fantasy Live but if you remove everything and only keep the combat, I don't trust it to be a good game.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Since we aren't getting the toys (and I don't WANT us to anyway) I am very hopeful they have integrated the toy aspect into the game itself, rather than just cutting whatever content was tied to it.
If it's like Yo-kai Watch 3, they'll modify up the game to include all the content. I kind of hope they leave the NFC scanning in for fun (the blind boxes are kind of cheap on amazon japan and the build quality is pretty good).

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
If it's like Yo-kai Watch 3, they'll modify up the game to include all the content. I kind of hope they leave the NFC scanning in for fun (the blind boxes are kind of cheap on amazon japan and the build quality is pretty good).
That sounds like the best of all possible options.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Even in the JP release you can get 95% of the weapons without the toys. The toys just give you a small-ish (10-20%) chance to get a copy of the weapon for free when you scan it daily along with some crafting materials.
It'd be nice if they substituted in the material gifts every day with a login bonus or something of the kind and add in ways to get the exclusive weapons like the Inazuma Eleven collaboration stuff.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just hoping my collection of Japanese keychains are scannable in the English version.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Totally missed this. Glad the thread popped back up. I was also interested in it, and disappointed we never got a localization of the 3DS game. Will keep an eye out now.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
im so bitter we never really got a fantasy life 2. just some phone shit. I wanted Fantasy Life so bad but with sequel improvements and on Switch 4 player. ugh that shit would have been so dope. Guess I'll keep this one on my radar for now..

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
This looks like the kind of game that I would have a lot of fun playing online with random folks!

So what are the odds of it having a nice estabilished online user base?

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Eh when I saw the initial trailer way back I was excited by the art style but the gameplay looks boring and Level 5 has burned me too many times.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I have the Japanese version on Switch I bought pre-owned because it was probably going to be cheaper than buying it new when it releases here. I have no recollection of how it plays tho. I think its kind of good?

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
im so bitter we never really got a fantasy life 2. just some phone shit. I wanted Fantasy Life so bad but with sequel improvements and on Switch 4 player. ugh that shit would have been so dope. Guess I'll keep this one on my radar for now..

Absolutely! I loved Fantasy Life! Easily one of my most favorite games in recent memory and a straight up tragedy we never got a proper sequel.

Snack World looks pretty awesome and I'm willing to give it a chance in hopes that it even gives some of the FL vibes.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I think it sits somewhere between moronic and hubristic to put out a single trailer with no gameplay and then nothing for two months.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I think it sits somewhere between moronic and hubristic to put out a single trailer with no gameplay and then nothing for two months.
You can find footage of the japanese version on youtube, that's what made me preorder. I also love 3ds games in hd like Alliance alive hd or Sushi Striker.