• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Honeywood/Plus Alpha do fantastic work. They have done really great work with Dragon Quest and Ni no Kuni, etc. I do think they've crossed into a realm they shouldn't have with this game, though.

Oct 25, 2017
In house localization headed up by Richard Mark Honeywood. (Richard Mark Honeywood entry on Wikipedia.)
Wow. This dude is prolific! He even got Iwata's stamp of approval back in the day.

Sounds like he's Australian too—which leads credence to the idea that the localization of this game leaned too heavily on memes and current events as opposed to being handled by Trump stooges.

Not that it matters though. It's still enough to put me off from this particular title. Let's just hope this was only a one-time thing and doesn't become a trend in their future games!

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I really wanted to enjoy this game but its tone is really outputting. One minute it's has junevile but charming humor and the next it's weird almost sexual. The protagonist looking like a child and being flirted with by grown men (the genies)... It freaks me out. Its a shame because the genies are pretty fun characters but the sexual innuendos? It's a bit much.
If you think the genies are a bit much, you should see their take in the japanese version. :)

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
My SO and I both picked this game up as a risky bet, and we're really enjoying playing it together so far. We just finished up DC rank 2. I really wish you could play more of the game co-op, but I'm hoping as we progress there will be more and more side quests compared to "Story" quests.

The localization on this game is pretty crazy, but I find that kind of enjoyable though I could definitely do without Covfefe Cafe. Feels almost like they went full Funimation Ghost Stories dub with some of the lines. The song for the end boss of Chapter 2 was excellent.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
My SO and I both picked this game up as a risky bet, and we're really enjoying playing it together so far. We just finished up DC rank 2. I really wish you could play more of the game co-op, but I'm hoping as we progress there will be more and more side quests compared to "Story" quests.

The localization on this game is pretty crazy, but I find that kind of enjoyable though I could definitely do without Covfefe Cafe. Feels almost like they went full Funimation Ghost Stories dub with some of the lines. The song for the end boss of Chapter 2 was excellent.

Glad you are having a good time co-operatively! This definitely seems like the kind of game you get together occasionally to trade stuff and have fun, rather then a full co-op experience. Hopefully both of you get some rad stuff to share!

I'm feeling like I want to fast-track to as far as I can get just doing all the story quests I can do, but I found out that the Pick-A-Prize either permenatly upgrades when you go far enough, or ends up swapping between different prize-sets. With blows for me, actually, because I really wanted to grab a fifth Crystal Sword so I could max it out later, and didn't end up keeping the Sur-Prize.

All three of the best pulls, the First Prize, Sur-Prize and Final Pull are rare Jara, if you get one of each, I'd say that's all you really need, and if you do the trick where you save, pull as much as you can to see what you get, and reload to pull whatever you need before moving on, you'll eventually get all three relatively easily.

My only problem? I can't seem to get these tickets quick enough! I wonder if there is a better way to grind them out rather then just get lucky on quests with a good rare item multiplier...

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Let me begin by saying I've been shocked by how active this thread was this weekend. I really thought the game would pass everyone by. Unfortunately most of the discussion has been about the localization. Such is life!

I'm enjoying the game. I'm not terribly far into it, but it's delivering on what I wanted from it which is tons of charm, mostly in the character, world and enemy design. Level-5 continues to come up with some truly interesting stuff there. The variety they put into their games visually is always impressive.

What I don't like, outside of some of the localization, is the horrid camera. Why this wasn't changed for the Switch release is beyond me. I never once had issues with the camera in the Yokai Watch games, but here I feel like I spend half my time in dungeons turning the camera around to see where enemies or loot are. They probably should have done with a static, iso camera that fits the genre or make it full 360.

Loot is also underwhelming and not only because it's mostly crafting material, but because it's kind of slow in giving out the crafting material. I much prefer when I'm overwhelmed with crafting material to the degree I don't have to try too hard to track down and grind for more. Here, I feel like it's part of the main loop and can only be described as gameplay time padding. (Does it have something to do with the Jara's being collectible in the original release?)

This is a big ask, but Tutti Frutti could've used a revamp for the Switch release by making it bigger or more spaced out. The game chugs in town and I think spreading out the buildings would have helped with that. I'm truly nit picking here, but I do feel a tad claustrophobic when in town. Part of that is likely the camera. ;)

Otherwise, I'm getting what I came here for. Charm and some simple ARPG hack and slash grinding. The simplicity is lifted by the charm, but I'm sure it'll wear out its welcome sooner than a more in-depth ARPG might. Until then, I'm happy with what it's doing, niggles aside.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Let me begin by saying I've been shocked by how active this thread was this weekend. I really thought the game would pass everyone by. Unfortunately most of the discussion has been about the localization. Such is life!

I'm enjoying the game. I'm not terribly far into it, but it's delivering on what I wanted from it which is tons of charm, mostly in the character, world and enemy design. Level-5 continues to come up with some truly interesting stuff there. The variety they put into their games visually is always impressive.

What I don't like, outside of some of the localization, is the horrid camera. Why this wasn't changed for the Switch release is beyond me. I never once had issues with the camera in the Yokai Watch games, but here I feel like I spend half my time in dungeons turning the camera around to see where enemies or loot are. They probably should have done with a static, iso camera that fits the genre or make it full 360.

Loot is also underwhelming and not only because it's mostly crafting material, but because it's kind of slow in giving out the crafting material. I much prefer when I'm overwhelmed with crafting material to the degree I don't have to try too hard to track down and grind for more. Here, I feel like it's part of the main loop and can only be described as gameplay time padding. (Does it have something to do with the Jara's being collectible in the original release?)

This is a big ask, but Tutti Frutti could've used a revamp for the Switch release by making it bigger or more spaced out. The game chugs in town and I think spreading out the buildings would have helped with that. I'm truly nit picking here, but I do feel a tad claustrophobic when in town. Part of that is likely the camera. ;)

Otherwise, I'm getting what I came here for. Charm and some simple ARPG hack and slash grinding. The simplicity is lifted by the charm, but I'm sure it'll wear out its welcome sooner than a more in-depth ARPG might. Until then, I'm happy with what it's doing, niggles aside.

Yeah, controversial references will get plenty of attention, that's for sure!

I'm also having fun with the game part! It's a little lame when you have a deficit in certain materials, since you often need to repeat certain missions to build up again, but it's fun so far! Only other issue is that the coolest stuff needs Special materials that look impossible to find early on, which sucks, since I wanna make my guy the coolest looking around!

Also, I absolutely love the fashion trends system. It incentivizes upgrading clothes to unlock outfit and colour combinations that give you a high drop rate, yet you can just as easily wear what looks cool to you instead.

It's absolutely genius, especially since it uses the style portion of gear in it, and I would like to see other games combine effective side-mechanics that aren't terribly important to stylish expression!

Although the slow going in unlocking all the different clothing brands are killing me, I want some Brittania threads! I haven't felt like this since The World Ends With You, and you don't even see your clothes on you in that game!

If anyone had gotten a style that totally works for them, post a picture in the thread if you can!

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played enough to sit around telling people to buy it, but it's typical Level-5 for me where reviewers ding it for things I can look past.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I've been enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm a sucker for grinding out materials and this game hits that itch just right so far. I haven't taken issue with the localization as much as some seem to, but I understand the frustration. I like it though, the trump references seem to be making fun of him, and I have no qualms with that.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also having fun with the game part! It's a little lame when you have a deficit in certain materials, since you often need to repeat certain missions to build up again, but it's fun so far! Only other issue is that the coolest stuff needs Special materials that look impossible to find early on, which sucks, since I wanna make my guy the coolest looking around!

Some of the special materials that aren't in quest rewards are actually just rare drops from enemies, so you may or may not already be able to get them. I find it really weird that it doesn't present you with any drop information for that reason; Google Translate + a JP guide is working but a hassle to do, especially on my phone if I'm being lazy.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I found one of those super rare chest in a dungeon randomly and got a "Mega-Rare" Jara, and I'm already a little underwhelmed by it. It doesn't do much more damage then the basic sword they give you at the beginning, although it looks nice at least.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I found one of those super rare chest in a dungeon randomly and got a "Mega-Rare" Jara, and I'm already a little underwhelmed by it. It doesn't do much more damage then the basic sword they give you at the beginning, although it looks nice at least.
Yeah, Jaras are only really powerful against the enemy types they excel with. That's why it's good to collect a bunch rather then improve a few to max, that way you can auto-equip the most powerful Jaras for any particular quest.

The rarer ones are particularly more powerful against certain enemies, so you'll deal way more damage against those with the rare ones.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Jaras are only really powerful against the enemy types they excel with. That's why it's good to collect a bunch rather then improve a few to max, that way you can auto-equip the most powerful Jaras for any particular quest.

The rarer ones are particularly more powerful against certain enemies, so you'll deal way more damage against those with the rare ones.
Ah, I see I haven't encountered dragon type enemies with it so, that makes sense

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The auto-equip is pretty nice, but I don't know why it doesn't offer the same for Snacks too? I've been having some trouble at DC rank 4 (I think? maybe 5?) and it's been tedious to scroll through all my Snacks to find ones that vaguely seem like that'll counter the enemies for that quest. Due to you getting them at certain kill counts, I've now started getting an absolute ton at once since most of an area's enemies will max out at the same time, and that's including some dupes (which... just have slightly different stats?) as well. Not to mention how weird it is to select Pocket Snacks when I can maaaaaybe transform once in an entire quest, for a very short period of time, and it doesn't indicate which of your equipped ones have good banes for what you're fighting.

I also have no idea how to handle accessories, which you seemingly cannot craft and so just have a ton of barely different tiny abilities currently. Auto-equip will even switch between several so it's not like even it knows which is best?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I also have no idea how to handle accessories, which you seemingly cannot craft and so just have a ton of barely different tiny abilities currently. Auto-equip will even switch between several so it's not like even it knows which is best?

Honestly, I only Auto-equip Jaras, clothing and accessories can provide different resistances to elements and status effects, but I don't see it being as worthwhile as the drop rate increases and self expression particular styles gives you, and the potentially powerful effects your favorite accessory can provide.

There is a mission in a desert, it's a side mission I think? In it's drop list is a pair of red glasses that constitutes a tier higher of rarity from other accessories, I got a drop-rate up Medium on it. Something like that effect seems a lot more useful then just equipping some random vanilla ring because it reduces something. It even shows up on your character in your style slot!

I'd say, try to make clothing that raises Defense a bunch, along with finding an accessory that rolled a useful passive or two, and keep those on in your equipment slot, then make sure you have at least one of every accessory for style so you can get whatever daily trend shows up. You can sell repeats for a good amount of cash, too!

Speaking of Clothes, anyone found a Britannia Enchant clothing book yet? I imagine it's in the further chapters, but I'm not sure, I just imagine their threads are super rad.

Oct 25, 2017
If only people got this riled up over the xenophobic westernisation of Yo-Kai Watch.
It was definitely westernized, but xenophobic? Seems like a gigantic stretch, unless I'm forgetting something (definitely possible).

Don't get me wrong--trying to pretend the game takes place in America instead of Japan is super lame and removes a lot of the potential charm, but I don't recall any anti-other sentiments whatsoever.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
It was definitely westernized, but xenophobic? Seems like a gigantic stretch, unless I'm forgetting something (definitely possible).

Don't get me wrong--trying to pretend the game takes place in America instead of Japan is super lame and removes a lot of the potential charm, but I don't recall any anti-other sentiments whatsoever.

Well I guess that's up to interpretation. I just find taking a work seeped in Japanese culture and then doing everything to remove that culture or mask it for assumed market appeal to be very xenophobic.
There's a fear that the market will reject it if it's not west-friendly. Which is definitely a problematic viewpoint.

It's that fear of the other that fuels racism. Even if it's not directly contributing to the problem it's definitely a part of it.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So, I looked around for some more advice on helping out with character building, and this is from a post on GameFAQs:

"GameFAQs Poster" said:
  • Most damage is purely based on characters stats.
  • Only banes or bonus stats on weapons increase that damage.
  • Upgrading your weapons only increases durability (JP gauge).
  • Focus on JP reduction bonuses and Upgrading for weapons if you want to reduce the amount of swapping.
  • Try to carry weapons of varied banes as not to be at a disadvantage (weak dmg)

I also heard that Overload Skills, skills that are more powerful, but hurt you in using them, are also very desirable when mixed with Wand Jaras that can heal you or a group to offset the damage.

So, if you are running to grab Jaras of particular banes, or with a wide amount of banes, try going for any that carry stat boosts and exp or drop rate boosts, as they will count just having them on your holder, not just equipped. Overload skills are also very useful, so try to gun for those as well.

You can get pretty far with a couple of weak banes on weapons with good passives then you think, especially considering how long it'll take to grab powerful weapons with powerful specific banes on them!

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I so underleveled, am I playing the game correctly? I was level 3 or even 2 when I went to kill Maduza, now all main and side quests are 8-11 while I'm still 4 or so. Maduza wasn't really that hard with potions but still, maybe I missed something lol.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Why am I so underleveled, am I playing the game correctly? I was level 3 or even 2 when I went to kill Maduza, now all main and side quests are 8-11 while I'm still 4 or so. Maduza wasn't really that hard with potions but still, maybe I missed something lol.
There are quests, the food called the Dragon Waffle, and equipment passives that increase exp gain. If you feel underleveled, I recommend equipping whatever you have with these effects and doing some co-op online if you can.

Also, if you are hurting for some early stat boosts, go into your pix-e-profile or something and you'll be able to apply stat points to a variety of places. I reccomend getting everything their first level for the stat boosts, and then working on Inginuity to get that sweet attack speed passive!

Luck can only be boosted with Karma Balms, gained from the Pick-A-Prize as the forever present third prize. if you take the advice I gave earlier and do some light reset work to see which prizes you'd get before you progress it by doing a dungeon, try to get as many of those as you can, since better luck makes more things drop!

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
There are quests, the food called the Dragon Waffle, and equipment passives that increase exp gain. If you feel underleveled, I recommend equipping whatever you have with these effects and doing some co-op online if you can.

Also, if you are hurting for some early stat boosts, go into your pix-e-profile or something and you'll be able to apply stat points to a variety of places. I reccomend getting everything their first level for the stat boosts, and then working on Inginuity to get that sweet attack speed passive!

Luck can only be boosted with Karma Balms, gained from the Pick-A-Prize as the forever present third prize. if you take the advice I gave earlier and do some light reset work to see which prizes you'd get before you progress it by doing a dungeon, try to get as many of those as you can, since better luck makes more things drop!
Thanks a lot!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Honestly, if you are lucky enough to get any Jaras or Accessories that give you a +6 Strength, especially if it's paired with another effect or + Strength, keep that thing! Use it, it'll make you so much more powerful!

I think the balance is trying to get a few Jaras that improve Stregth or Magic a bunch, and then even out the banes you aren't covering with other Jaras. Every enemy has a Race, Element and Colour, so if you focus on one of those three, you should be able to cover any weaknesses. Some Jaras cover multiple of the same type of bane, so those can help even out your effectiveness, especially since it only takes a lvl1 bane to do normal damage!

Also, you get EX-Star-P's as loot from quests, if you use those, you get additional EXP. Use 'em up when you remember to do so, you'll be getting them frequently!

One more thing, Charge Skills and Overdrive Skills are much more powerful then normal Jara skills, that much is true, but normal Jara skills can be combo'd into using normal attacks, so keep that in mind in case you wanna prevent wasting a skill charge by messing up with the windup!

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...huh, so I decided to do some online for the first time since like Saturday. Got paired with a level 79 player when I'm in the 30s, and we did a level 30 quest (of my choosing) together.

We ended up finding one of those magical doors to the next floor, and got the room with 3 chests. Except one of them was this super special chest. And I got...

kSmu8ze.jpg

7uagUrE.jpg

Vxm4w4y.jpg

9NQSHMP.jpg

I have no idea how special this is (I can't even find it on the JP sites I've been using, which seem to be for the 3DS game so I think maybe it was added for the Switch version?) but it sure seems like something you're supposed to get later in the game?? Like I can't tell if it's just something that's just that rare, or if the other player being further is why I could get things like this. The skill even charges so quickly that I can only do one or two Y hits before it's ready again; it's theoretically low power, but the level 3 bane made it tear through a boss that was giving me trouble before. So this rules.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
...huh, so I decided to do some online for the first time since like Saturday. Got paired with a level 79 player when I'm in the 30s, and we did a level 30 quest (of my choosing) together.

We ended up finding one of those magical doors to the next floor, and got the room with 3 chests. Except one of them was this super special chest. And I got...

I have no idea how special this is (I can't even find it on the JP sites I've been using, which seem to be for the 3DS game so I think maybe it was added for the Switch version?) but it sure seems like something you're supposed to get later in the game?? Like I can't tell if it's just something that's just that rare, or if the other player being further is why I could get things like this. The skill even charges so quickly that I can only do one or two Y hits before it's ready again; it's theoretically low power, but the level 3 bane made it tear through a boss that was giving me trouble before. So this rules.

Yup, that was a Miracle Drop.

You haven't gotten far enough yet, but basically, each dungeon quest has a specific super rare Jara or accessory called a Miracle Drop that you can get either one of two ways.

You either get it by getting into Chapter 5 and gaining the ability to get Miracle Points for specific quests that change daily, that when fully filled will guarantee you get the Miracle Drop for that quest...

...or you get a mystery door going to the treasure room, and you end up seeing a rainbow chest with an infinity symbol on it. I managed to get two Miracle Drops before I even got to chapter 5, so you will always get a chance to get them in a dungeon, since they always have a chance of a Mystery Door getting you to a Treasure room.

SO yeah! Have fun with that, it won't be the last time you luck out and get something awesome! Hopefully you'll get something else awesome soon too!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, that was a Miracle Drop.

You haven't gotten far enough yet, but basically, each dungeon quest has a specific super rare Jara or accessory called a Miracle Drop that you can get either one of two ways.

You either get it by getting into Chapter 5 and gaining the ability to get Miracle Points for specific quests that change daily, that when fully filled will guarantee you get the Miracle Drop for that quest...

...or you get a mystery door going to the treasure room, and you end up seeing a rainbow chest with an infinity symbol on it. I managed to get two Miracle Drops before I even got to chapter 5, so you will always get a chance to get them in a dungeon, since they always have a chance of a Mystery Door getting you to a Treasure room.

SO yeah! Have fun with that, it won't be the last time you luck out and get something awesome! Hopefully you'll get something else awesome soon too!

Ah, yeah, I'm in chapter 5 and learned about the Miracle stuff. I didn't know you could get them from chests too, especially as this wasn't a quest with a Miracle bonus currently.

The fact that you only get 1 point per quest for it seems ridiculous, honestly. Unless that changes later on?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ah, yeah, I'm in chapter 5 and learned about the Miracle stuff. I didn't know you could get them from chests too, especially as this wasn't a quest with a Miracle bonus currently.

The fact that you only get 1 point per quest for it seems ridiculous, honestly. Unless that changes later on?
Yeah, that seems wack, there's gotta be something that affects it, 1 point is way too little.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
I was going to wait until a price drop, but, I'm heading to the Philippines for work 3 days before AC drops, so I needed something to tide me on the way over. Just started, but it seems like a good pick up. Any tips on where to spend my Trait points?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I was going to wait until a price drop, but, I'm heading to the Philippines for work 3 days before AC drops, so I needed something to tide me on the way over. Just started, but it seems like a good pick up. Any tips on where to spend my Trait points?
Get the first stat boosts from each, then work your way to maxing our inginuity for the attack speed boost.

That way, you get some good stats to start, and eventually a solid speed upgrade!

Remember, luck is only boosted by Karma Balms, you get those from the Pick-A-Prize occasionally!

The thread is still young, so read through it and you'll get some helpful tips, mostly from yours truly! I hope you have fun!

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
Get the first stat boosts from each, then work your way to maxing our inginuity for the attack speed boost.

That way, you get some good stats to start, and eventually a solid speed upgrade!

Remember, luck is only boosted by Karma Balms, you get those from the Pick-A-Prize occasionally!

The thread is still young, so read through it and you'll get some helpful tips, mostly from yours truly! I hope you have fun!
Awesome, thanks for the tips.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
Okay, so I'm at the first dungeon, which is rated level 7, but I'm only level 3. I can't find any subquests, so am I just supposed to grind up on other story quests till I'm closer to 7?

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I'm at the first dungeon, which is rated level 7, but I'm only level 3. I can't find any subquests, so am I just supposed to grind up on other story quests till I'm closer to 7?
You have to go looking throughout the town every time you beat a main story quest to see if anybody has new sub-quests for you. Yes, this may become annoying to you. You can probably complete the quest depending on how skilled you are and what jaras you have dropping. The level is more of a suggestion. I am around level 37 and for the most part I have been able to complete all quests that were higher level than me. You just have to keep up with the sub-quests to stay within a reasonable range of the suggested levels.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Walk around town, and you'll find blue blips on the mini map, those are people who have sidequest story quests that you can do.

Most have different Jaras you can potentially get, and can unlock features and new snacks to use, so look around after unlocking a dungeon in a chapter to find any side quests to do!

Also, an NPC will tell you this, but often enough a side quest at the end of a chapter will award a Jara that is super effective against that chapter's boss! This one is the Squeaky hammer, so grab it and you'll do fine!

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
Thanks again Razorrin, found one in the shop and another in the castle. I thought it would just be out in the street, so to speak.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I was vastly underleveled for the first dungeon and breezed through it. There's definitely a bit of fudging related to the suggested level vs. what you need to be at.

Pangya

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Overlord skills seem pretty OP but are also really rare. I've only gotten one Jara with one in about 40 hours of playtime.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Anybody picked up any particular powerful Miracle drops yet? Wanna throw down the banes they come with?

Edit: I got the Ninny Hammer, it's Rare, has Lvl.2 Ephemera bane and Lvl.1 Aquainta, fairly useful and covers a more occasional type!

Also, if you are in chapter 5 or further, the second-last mission can get you Treasures, these sell for 100.00 Gravies! All you need is a blossom Knife to beat the boss at the end of the area easily to run it fast, and get mad cash!

Last edited:

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that seems to drop from Sam Witch is basic materials and Paladin Drops. I thought this was supposed to be the replacement for the physical Jara/Snack drops. Seems pretty dissapointing as an alternative that you can only use once per day.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
The only thing that seems to drop from Sam Witch is basic materials and Paladin Drops. I thought this was supposed to be the replacement for the physical Jara/Snack drops. Seems pretty dissapointing as an alternative that you can only use once per day.
Yeah, it's kinda unfortunate. It's not critical, at least. If they kept the keychain system, we would probably not be getting drops for their stuff as easily, but I kinda wish there was a more occurring option for this, like Amiibo or something.

I kinda wanna get one of those Jaras as a keychain though, I absolutely love the look of the Clan Alloy Knife, it's my favourite looking weapon right now, it's so fancy.

By the way, I apparently ran into a Livid Dragon at some point early on, but I have no idea where. I'm interested in fighting it again, as it's the perfect pocket snack to take down a Pop Sickle, those "hunt you down and kill you if you take too long" enemies.

I assume it was only in one of those "Fighting Arena" dungeon mystery door events I was in, because they are supposed to show up late game, but if you guys saw them in any of the quests, let me know. I really really want a snack shot of one!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I had a rare event where Pop Sickle decided to arrive early once. It did not end well for me.
It sucks when he murders you, but I gotta say, I can't be mad at him. Especially since he apologizes and says "justdoingmyjob" as he slaughters you. He's just so professional!

That's why I must have him! I heard the long way to get him is to grab a knife with a strong enough bane for Darkness, White, Black, and/or Undead, and make sure it has Thief's Tackle, and just keep tackling him and running away. It's, uhh... it's not quick, but it's effective!

Bigger and quicker method is to get the snack, the Livid Dragon, as he has a Lvl.3 Bane against him, and does a ton of damage. Needs to be a pocket snack, so you turn into him, but he'll mess him up good! That's why I wanna find where I fought that guy.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's kinda unfortunate. It's not critical, at least. If they kept the keychain system, we would probably not be getting drops for their stuff as easily, but I kinda wish there was a more occurring option for this, like Amiibo or something.

I kinda wanna get one of those Jaras as a keychain though, I absolutely love the look of the Clan Alloy Knife, it's my favourite looking weapon right now, it's so fancy.

By the way, I apparently ran into a Livid Dragon at some point early on, but I have no idea where. I'm interested in fighting it again, as it's the perfect pocket snack to take down a Pop Sickle, those "hunt you down and kill you if you take too long" enemies.

I assume it was only in one of those "Fighting Arena" dungeon mystery door events I was in, because they are supposed to show up late game, but if you guys saw them in any of the quests, let me know. I really really want a snack shot of one!
I believe I ended up having to fight 3 of the Livid Dragon's in the story at some point around that Phoenix boss, it may have been the illusion fight. I remember it because I took them all out with one hit