• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Sumo Digital
🎮 Platforms: PC (Humble Store, Steam); PlayStation 4 (PSN), Switch (eShop); Xbox One (XBL)
🏷️ Price: $19.99/€19.99/£15.99 or your regional equivalent*
📅 Release date: March 28th, 2017

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
SnakePass_SteamBanner.jpg

Think Like A Snake!
When the tranquillity of Haven Tor is interrupted by a mysterious interloper only the unlikeliest of heroes can save the day! Meet Noodle the Snake and his hyperactive best friend, Doodle the Hummingbird, who together must reunite the missing Keystones with the magical gates that give Haven Tor its mythical power. A unique, physics-based puzzle platform game, Snake Pass challenges players to 'think like a snake' as they tackle precarious puzzles as only a snake can. Slither through long grass, coil around bamboo and climb out of trouble in the latest game from award-winning independent studio Sumo Digital!

- 15 brain bending, snake charming levels
- Master Noodle's one-of-a-kind abilities
- Unravel the mystery of the nefarious gatecrasher
- Restore Haven Tor to its former glory
- Slither into every nook and cranny in search of cunning collectibles
- A brand-new soundtrack from fan favourite composer David Wise
- Unlock Time Trial mode and compete to be the slickest slitherer in the world

The winner of Sumo Digital's inaugural Game Jam, Snake Pass was created by Seb Liese as a love letter to both the favourite games of his youth and his childhood pet snake. After winning, a full demo was produced and taken around various public shows where it was met with great enthusiasm by gamers of all ages. Buoyed by its success, full production began when the team returned home to Sumo HQ. The culmination has resulted in Snake Pass, a truly one of a kind game featuring the most unlikely of heroes; Noodle the Snake!

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Old Gameplay
EGX Rezzed 2016 #1
EGX Rezzed 2016 #2
How to Play
Air Realm
Launch

✍️ Reviews:
Metacritic - PC (71)
Metacritic - PlayStation 4 (69)
Metacritic - Switch (72)
Metacritic - Xbox One (74)
OpenCritic (74)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Wow, no posts?

Just got this and am on the second level. The controls piss me right off but I love it.

Has there been any kind of discussion on what controls are the most intuitive/easy to use? I keep making little mistakes because of camera angles and movement relative to it. Maybe I just need to pace myself more.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Wow, no posts?

Just got this and am on the second level. The controls piss me right off but I love it.

Has there been any kind of discussion on what controls are the most intuitive/easy to use? I keep making little mistakes because of camera angles and movement relative to it. Maybe I just need to pace myself more.

I would say stick to the default one. They just have to click, that's all. Take your time, and practice !

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I would say stick to the default one. They just have to click, that's all. Take your time, and practice !
I have been, and it's still frustrating as hell but I love it even more! There are play sessions where I am in the zone and get this huge rush of satisfaction with how well I'm in tune with the mechanics. Other days, not so much. But I'm obviously improving compared to when I started.

Big thing starting out is to make use of the grip button. I didn't until the game shoved it in my face and it's tremendously helpful for planning your next move.

Another thing is knowing you can go fast on familiar terrain. I spent a lot of time at first going very slowly and it limits your options because gravity starts to get in the way. Anything with closely-spaced "rungs" can be quickly climbed as long as you keep wrapping around it, maintaining contact, and hitting level surfaces.

Those longs horizontal pieces are still tricksy though; I feel like I'm bruteforcing them most of the time. Grip comes in handy there, though! And I guess speedrunners take advantage of that so I can't complain (oh God Snake Pass speedruns are gonna be a treat to watch).

Here are a couple screens I took (Switch version):
26026067_10103371458352528_1258496150991395926_o.jpg

26063272_10103371266237528_6915050927149331948_o.jpg

Noodle's like "But why'd you wake me up, bro?"

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Ooof - 4 posts for this OT? Picked up the free humble offer and really enjoying it. The David Wise soundtrack is just god tier too.

As an aside, but man are shadows ever a performance hog in this game. I basically had to shift them to low with everything else on max at 1440p to get 60fps. And not a very graphically demanding game otherwise :|

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Just finished this. Superb game, highly innovative playing as a snake and feeling like it, crawling around the levels catered to your own skill (you can choose if you want all the coins, blue things or just finish the level) is just brilliant. Controls are perfect for the game, the protagonists have charisma, the art style fits the game perfectly and the music is perfect!! This tunes by David Wise are just perfect for the game and so catchy. Now we need a new one, common Sumo Digital