• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

Can't wait. I live in Orlando so I'm definitely going to be there day one even if it means waking up at 3am.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Disney World has been really going nuts these past few years, lots of competition in the Orlando parks.

Rise of the Resistance looks really sweet.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone better self medicate. There's going to be so much traffic in that park.
People are gonna have to book their fast passes the first moment they get.

Toy Story Land, Mickey's Runaway Railway, and a few new shows are hopefully going to bring a little traffic into the rest of the park.
Which is really needed. Was there this past summer and Hollywood Studios just felt empty compared to the other parks. Which was a shame because I love the themes and loved it back when it was still MGM studios.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
We're going to get a star wars Land in France too. And a "frozen" Land too.
I work there sometimes so I can't wait to know more about them.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
User banned (72 hours): Inflammatory generalizations.
Since Florida is such a shit state full of shit people can we just cut out the middleman and allow Disney to run it as it's own personal fiefdom?

Oct 28, 2017
Going to Disneyland in September or October. Hoping it stays on schedule and will be open! Definitely getting more excited.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I want to go to this so badly but I just know its going to be a shitshow for the first year or so.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The prices are gonna go up again aren't they? The prices keep going up here and there at Disney parks, and amazingly it doesn't seem to stop the crowds.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao it will be twenty years before the crowds look anything like it does in the last few seconds of this video.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Stop hitting the buttons mom! They don't do anything!!!"
giphy.gif

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, the crowds have already been crazy these last few years. No real "off season" anymore for locals. I look forward to going but man, the crowds. They are seriously oppressive already. I'm afraid this will mean what it meant for Disneyland, which is a massive increase in ticket prices.

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks ambitious. I don't know if I'm actually interested in going, given the crowds.

Is Rise of the Resistance really just a "get in a cart and watch 3D videos of stuff" attraction? I can't see myself waiting in line for something like that. I thought they were going to be more ambitious with the rides here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to reserve spots at the Star Wars resort/hotel? I have a friend that is demanding we stay there next winter.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
I don't think my Switch's battery will even last the duration of the standby line in the opening months.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
I thought this was the title for Episode IX at first. That looks neat but I won't even attempt to engage with that stuff. Vacation time is too precious for me to want to spend it waiting in line and fighting crowds.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I had a Disneyland season pass ten years ago and it cost $100. I just looked and the cheapest one today is $369.

Used to be a passholder but in the last 5 years, they've raised the price twice already, no more. Can't justify the cost and the experience really has gotten worse for us. Despite price increases, the parks just feel more and more congested each year and the fun is dying.

Oct 28, 2017
I was waiting to for a reason to drive to Disney with my children...this is it!

If there is a "Cantina" bar for us grown ups... God help me I may never leave.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone better self medicate. There's going to be so much traffic in that park.

Thank goodness for vape-pens. My son will be visiting Disney for the first time in 1.5 years. I'm very much looking forward to it. Over Halloween, a friend went and dropped acid. HE had a good time, but I'd either be freaked out or murdered by my wife if I attempted that.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would it be safe to buy tickets to DisneyWorld in late November 2019, if we wanted to get in on it now? Or is there no guarantee that Galaxy's Edge will be open by then?

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, the crowds have already been crazy these last few years. No real "off season" anymore for locals. I look forward to going but man, the crowds. They are seriously oppressive already. I'm afraid this will mean what it meant for Disneyland, which is a massive increase in ticket prices.
They need a third gate so damn badly. Somehow, somewhere, they need to figure it out. Ticket prices just wont stop people until the prices reach a point when the parks become an exclusive playground for the ultra rich.
Looks ambitious. I don't know if I'm actually interested in going, given the crowds.

Is Rise of the Resistance really just a "get in a cart and watch 3D videos of stuff" attraction? I can't see myself waiting in line for something like that. I thought they were going to be more ambitious with the rides here.
From what I understand screens are involved but it will be full of immersive environments with animatronics. Like, I think the AT-ATs you see in the video will be fully built and can move.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so looking forward to this. I'm thinking of going to Disneyland with my wife in the Fall, so we'll be able to check this out.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
There is!
ogc92384092384023fi-768x432.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ina-coming-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge-in-2019/

I've never been to Disney in Orlando but this is pushing me and a group of friends to going next December...lol

Oh no :(
"Musical entertainment is provided courtesy of RX-24, the former StarSpeeder 3000 pilot droid we first met in Star Tours, who has re-envisioned himself as the cantina's DJ. As quirky and talkative as ever, he's still trying to do his best on the job. "