• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
There's several reviews of custom lightsabers on youtube, but somehow none of them try to mix and match the parts from diffrerent types.
At least two I saw were comparing two different lightsabers and didn't even try it.

I prefer the Legacy ones, but if I could get a Power/Control one but get a Rancor tooth for the base I would consider getting a custom one.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
There's several reviews of custom lightsabers on youtube, but somehow none of them try to mix and match the parts from diffrerent types.
At least two I saw were comparing two different lightsabers and didn't even try it.

I prefer the Legacy ones, but if I could get a Power/Control one but get a Rancor tooth for the base I would consider getting a custom one.
You're not allowed to mix and match (which I think is bullshit for the price). Once you opt for and purchase a lightsaber style you're given a pin and then locked into that style only.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
You're not allowed to mix and match (which I think is bullshit for the price). Once you opt for and purchase a lightsaber style you're given a pin and then locked into that style only.
I know you aren't allowed to at the workshop, but I'm still curious if you can trade/swap parts from one for another, like on ebay or if someone buys two. I assume you can since they all look like they all use the same middle skeleton and the pieces all look the same size.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
I know you aren't allowed to at the workshop, but I'm still curious if you can trade/swap parts from one for another, like on ebay or if someone buys two. I assume you can since they all look like they all use the same middle skeleton and the pieces all look the same size.
Oh, that's a thought. You're probably right. All pieces having to adhere to the middle chassis should mean they're interchangeable.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
The Legacy sabers being affordable is pretty great. Ahsoka Tanos duel sabers are very tempting even though a full kit would be $300 on that one.
As cool as Darth Mauls saber is, the limit on space to display with full blade is enough to turn down.

Droid Depot is the one thing I'm going to pass on entirely.

I just wish Ahsoka's saber hilts weren't so oversized/out of scale with how they were in the show.

They're my single favourite lightsabers in all of Star Wars, but I still prob. wouldn't buy the replicas at that size.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if Dath Maul's lightsaber has a connector so if you buy two you can make it his Phantom Menace double sided one?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a picture comparing size of Galaxy's Edge light sabers to the Force FX lightsabers?

I picked up Luke's green Force FX saber a while back and it's so fat and ugly. I went with one of the fan-sites and got a much better one. Wondering if the ones at the park are the terrible fat ones.

Here's the comparison. The official one is the one on the right.

SzGuLk7.jpg

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Is there a picture comparing size of Galaxy's Edge light sabers to the Force FX lightsabers?

I picked up Luke's green Force FX saber a while back and it's so fat and ugly. I went with one of the fan-sites and got a much better one. Wondering if the ones at the park are the terrible fat ones.

SzGuLk7.jpg

Yeah the legacy saber at Disney looks like the one on the left but if you want to attach the blade it has an attachment where it looks like the one on the right.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen posts that indicate that yes, you buy two hilts and an adapter that allows them to be connected. Haven't seen any photos, however.
Huh, that's cool. Do you know if they just give it to you when you buy two, or is it an extra thing to buy?

Was wondering about that for Luke's second lightsaber as well, if it just come with the thicker tube attachment, or if it's an extra thing to buy.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Lol, the holocrons react when they are near each other.

Yeah, the Sith Holocron is probably the thing I would get at Galaxy's edge heh.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Pro tip, only the extra morning hours are worth it and that's if you want to wake up extra early on your vacation and get their first. You don't want to stay in that park for too long because EVERYONE staying on site looks at the schedule and decides to go to the park that is open the longest on that day I order to "maximize their ride time". That equates to that park seeing crushing lines all day long while the parks that have normal or reduced hours have more reasonable lines.

Experienced WDW visitors look at which parks have extended hours and avoid them that day. The best days to visit the MK now are weekdays when a holiday party closes the park to normal visitors at 6pm.

Yep we've got it down to where we get everything done almost without waiting, bar Pandora. Usually we will use the magic hours plus maybe a ride, and head to the next park where our fast passes are. We use them during the busy hours, and by the time they are done we can start planning around extra passes and people being occupied by parades and fireworks.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Huh, that's cool. Do you know if they just give it to you when you buy two, or is it an extra thing to buy?

Was wondering about that for Luke's second lightsaber as well, if it just come with the thicker tube attachment, or if it's an extra thing to buy.
This video shows that the attachment comes for free when purchasing Luke's lightsaber. A little surprising from Disney.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a rundown of all the costumes sold at Black Spire Outfitters? We were led to believe that they would have a pretty wide array of costumes, but it now looks like it's really only a couple tunics and and generic Rey-ish outfit (along with some really expensive hooded cloaks).

I was stupidly hoping that they would have an official Jedi Luke outfit, but I think that dream is dead. At Celebration I think people misinterpreted the black Sith-themed tunic as "Jedi Luke", so it was reported that we were in fact getting one.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Man, it's a good thing I won't be going to Disneyland for at least a few months.
I've been a bit obsessed with getting a lightsaber and I still can't decide which one(s) I want.

The custom ones are cool plus unless I buy someone else's on ebay, there's really nowhere else to get one besides going to Disneyland.
I also have a feeling that eventually there's going to be a pretty big third-party market for new custom parts online (Etsy, eBay, etc), so I bet you could make some even cooler stuff in the future.
Only downside is that they're $200 (but they come with crystal, blade, and bag), and I kinda like the look of the Legacy ones better overall.

But choosing one or more Legacy ones is a whole other can of worms. I really like half of them if not 6/10 of them. But I can get 2 Legacy's for only a little more than 1 custom (if I don't get blades for them).
  • Rey/Luke/Anakin's and Darth Vader's look great, but similar enough that I'd probably choose one or the other.
  • Darth Maul's is cool too, but I'd only want it if I got two of them to connect to make it double sided, which would be $260 ($130 each I think I saw without the blades) it would also be pretty big to display too.
  • Mace Windu's I have less nostalgia for, but I think it looks AMAZING. The gold and silver is great, and I love the purple colored blade if I got blade.
  • Kylo Ren's is also awesome. A little more expensive than the others ($150 I think), but it is pretty large and I love the design.
  • Ashoko Tano's are pretty cool too, you basically get 2 lightsabers for only $200. But their design is a little plain IMO, and I haven't even seen the Clone Wars show so I have 0 nostalgia for them (damn you Disney for making me wait until November to watch it on your streaming service).
  • Obi-Wan's, RotJ Luke's, Asajj's, and the Jedi Guard one I've thankfully been able to rule out (just not as big of a fan of them).
Maybe if I save up before I go to Disneyland (or go closer to my birthday) I can justify getting a custom one and a legacy one, or two legacy ones. Either way I need to narrow my choice down quite a lot.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Personally I would get 1 Savi (the custom saber, probably nature), a selection of additional kyber crystals, both holocrons, and 1 legacy saber. I've watched a lot of videos on the Savi sabers, kyber crystals and holocrons over the weekend, and I think they are all worth the cost. Great value as collectibles and cosplay/roleplay props. Personally I think going to Galaxy's Edge with buying a lightsaber or two in mind and NOT getting a Savi saber is a mistake. They have more features and have a uniqueness to them. Also as you stated, the possibility for custom third party parts down the road might be interesting.

I'm waiting on more reviews and impressions on the legacy sabers. When I first saw that the RotJ Luke saber had two top sections (thin neck and fat neck) I was turned off, but I think it's bothering me less now. Afterall, you would probably display it unignited with the thin neck attached 99% of the time, so it shouldn't be make or break. You'd only see the thick neck piece on rare occasions when toying around with the blade.

I really want to see someone review the Rey saber an compare it to some other graflex sabers in this price range to see how it stacks up. Most importantly, is it identical to the previous Disney Parks exclusive Rey saber, or have there been improvements made?

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I am shocked that that guy posted a video when he couldn't even get the Saber to turn on. Anyways does anyone know if there is a list of all the legacy sabers available? I am trying to decide if I should do a custom one at savis or not.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
This video pretty much made the exact custom lightsaber I've been thinking about (Elemental nature), except I might like the other middle section better.

What I still want to know is if the Rancor tooth and "bone" parts are metal or plastic, and what the texture is like on the leather strap grip.
I might want a more metallic one like the Sith or Jedi ones if the Nature one is too plastic-y.
I am shocked that that guy posted a video when he couldn't even get the Saber to turn on. Anyways does anyone know if there is a list of all the legacy sabers available? I am trying to decide if I should do a custom one at savis or not.
Im pretty sure I've been able to find all 10 of them through pictures online, not 100% sure on all the prices. You can see most if not all of them in pics here:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...den-of-antiquities-in-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
  1. Rey/Luke ANH+ESB/Anakin ($110)
  2. Luke's RotJ ($130)
  3. Obi-Wan's ($110)
  4. Darth Vader's ($110)
  5. Kylo Ren's ($150)
  6. Darth Maul's ($130)
  7. Jedi Temple Guard (I think? Haven't seen the actual name they gave it)
  8. Mace Windu (I assume $110, havent seen the price tag for it online)
  9. Asajj Ventress ($130)
  10. Ashoko Tano's ($200 for dual lightsaber)
I think most of the $130 ones come with an extra piece, either for connecting the blade (like Luke's RotJ one seen in a video) or for connecting the lightsabers together (like Maul's or Asajj's I'm pretty sure)

Last edited:

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Thank you so much. I really don't understand why there isn't just a list on Disney's website. I also really want to know how rare the black kyber crystals are. I am really curious what happens when you put a black kyber crystal in a sith holocron.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the lightsabers use a universal blade. So if you create your own lightsaber at Saavi's Workshop, you can use the blade you get with it in the legacy lightsabers, you don't have to buy a new one. And the hilt determines the blade color. So you can stick that blade from Saavi's into Mace Windu's lightsaber and it will be purple.

Neat tidbit I learned over the weekend: the droids you build can have personalities and will react accordingly in the park. For instance, if you make a Resistance droid, it will get skittish in First Order controlled parts of the land.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Went on June 1st and it was amazing, besides the cantina. The whole experience with the cantina was terribly done. There was a very small line for it and they would cut it off and tell people to come back when its open. This caused a very large group of people to just stand off to the side waiting for the cast member to flip up the green flag for the line to open again. People pushed and shoved other people to run across the walkway and get in line before they closed it again. It took over an hour and a half for my group to just get inside. Then once in, our waiter seemed confused and dazed at everything happening. He never brought out our food item and took like 25 minutes to bring out our drinks. He also got our whole parties gift cards mixed up in the back and literally came out and told us he didnt know what to do and if we could figure it out.

The whole cantina took over half of our 4 hours. Our party had to split up and leave people waiting in the cantina for the souvenir cups and some of us went to Dok Ondars to pick up holocrons. If we hadnt of split up, we would not have even come close to doing everything we wanted to. With 1 hour left we were finished with both and hadnt even gone on the ride yet. So we lined up for the ride(the next time slot was already in at this point), and the line was over an hour. So we finished the ride and had to leave. The cantina ruined pretty much all plans. I heard they implemented a text system now so you can go sign up for cantina, then leave and come back. Wish they had done that opening day.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
It's so odd that the main problems with lines in Galaxy's Edge isn't the ride, but the cantina.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
[
Went on June 1st and it was amazing, besides the cantina. The whole experience with the cantina was terribly done. There was a very small line for it and they would cut it off and tell people to come back when its open. This caused a very large group of people to just stand off to the side waiting for the cast member to flip up the green flag for the line to open again. People pushed and shoved other people to run across the walkway and get in line before they closed it again. It took over an hour and a half for my group to just get inside. Then once in, our waiter seemed confused and dazed at everything happening. He never brought out our food item and took like 25 minutes to bring out our drinks. He also got our whole parties gift cards mixed up in the back and literally came out and told us he didnt know what to do and if we could figure it out.

The whole cantina took over half of our 4 hours. Our party had to split up and leave people waiting in the cantina for the souvenir cups and some of us went to Dok Ondars to pick up holocrons. If we hadnt of split up, we would not have even come close to doing everything we wanted to. With 1 hour left we were finished with both and hadnt even gone on the ride yet. So we lined up for the ride(the next time slot was already in at this point), and the line was over an hour. So we finished the ride and had to leave. The cantina ruined pretty much all plans. I heard they implemented a text system now so you can go sign up for cantina, then leave and come back. Wish they had done that opening day.

I've read about 5+ different reports on the cast members being rude/getting orders incorrect inside the Cantina.
On top of that, the mess of getting inside.
I'll skip the Cantina for sure.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I wonder what they can do about it. Offer those same refreshments in a different area in the land?

Not much really. There's just far more people who want to experience it than room for it. The lines and wait times present a cost to help manage it. Only over time will that demand (potentially) subside.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
The stuff I've read indicates that the size of the cantina is due to the scaled-back original plan: there was supposed to be a dedicated, sit-down restaurant, and the cantina was to be an attached lounge. Much like the lounge at Carthay Circle, it would have served people waiting for dinner, as well as those who just wanted a drink. Since it's standalone at the moment, the cantina is wayyyyy overcrowded.

Word is that there's still a plot for the restaurant at some point, as they expand GE.

Oct 27, 2017
Not it isn't. The Cantina capacity is maybe 250 per hour compared to 1800 for Falcon.

The lightsabers are tricky too

I've heard from someone who worked in Disney that the main restaurant in Magic Kingdom's frontier land is considered one of the busiest restaurants in the country based on it's size and volume. From what I've seen of the cantina it looks way too small to operate the same way any of the other park restaurants do. But I guess this kind of goes along with them trying to make it an experience and not just another generic themed restaurant that hands out chicken tenders.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, maybe because I'm just looking at YT videos, but i'm kinda disappointed at the size of the park. It seems really small for the price and number of experiences you can participate in. It'll be a while before I decide to splurge on such a "adventure."

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, maybe because I'm just looking at YT videos, but i'm kinda disappointed at the size of the park. It seems really small for the price and number of experiences you can participate in. It'll be a while before I decide to splurge on such a "adventure."
Are you talking about the size of Disneyland or the size of Galaxy's Edge?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At 11:24 in the following video there are a couple guys with Anakin/Rey lightsabers that can change color on the fly. Is this a feature of the official lightsabers? Or do they just have some weird custom job made by a third party? I would probably be more likely to buy a Legacy saber if that's actually one of their features.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in Orlando. So...a couple times you could say.
Are you saying that Disneyland in Anaheim "doesn't have a lot to do?"

If you're talking about buying a ticket just for Galaxy's Edge, then it might not be a good value proposition. Disneyland Park is *far* more packed with attractions/etc. than Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

SzGuLk7.jpg
See, this is why I bought my Luke saber 3rd party. It cost an arm and a leg, but it's movie accurate and fits a blade.

Are you talking about the size of Disneyland or the size of Galaxy's Edge?

Galaxy.

Are you saying that Disneyland in Anaheim "doesn't have a lot to do?"

If you're talking about buying a ticket just for Galaxy's Edge, then it might not be a good value proposition. Disneyland Park is *far* more packed with attractions/etc. than Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando.

I'm talking Galaxy's Edge. I've been to Disney plenty, I don't need to see the other parks. I'd only be going for Galaxy's Edge and to maybe hit up some of my old favorite rides.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
They originally had plans for a full table service restaurant(with entertainment and everything) that got cut,
probably the first expansion item.

It'll be interesting to aee how much Galaxy's Edge will evolve over the next few years. I bet the Milks will get new recipes as I haven't seen a single good review. Wonder how soon they'll announce some expansion, probably the full service restaurant they originally planned.