• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
One of the easiest ways to get people back to Galaxy's Edge and spending money is to offer more customization options. I imagine there will be more droid parts and lightsaber parts very soon. They probably have a road-map for rolling out new pieces. I'm sure they already have an idea of what pieces are unpopular and are looking at what to replace them with. They might even want to consider having a rival to Savi's that sells the alternate pieces, for story purposes, and to cut down on lines.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the easiest ways to get people back to Galaxy's Edge and spending money is to offer more customization options. I imagine there will be more droid parts and lightsaber parts very soon. They probably have a road-map for rolling out new pieces. I'm sure they already have an idea of what pieces are unpopular and are looking at what to replace them with. They might even want to consider having a rival to Savi's that sells the alternate pieces, for story purposes, and to cut down on lines.

I would think they could have a place that has you make your own blasters, but that might not sit well with a lot of parents.

And bring on the double-bladed options!

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't been to Disney in years and was already kinda getting an itch to return, this definitely isn't helping. Love how things are looking over there.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

I was thinking something similar the other day. It seems like there's a lot of space around the Rise of the Resistance attraction that looks empty. I was thinking they could put another cantina over there and play up an in-universe competition with custom stuff at each. "The Blue Bantha at Oga's is nothing special. Our Nerf Herder's Delight is much better!"

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
So I'm waiting for my 11am slot and the rest of the park is DEAD right now. Only a 15 minute wait for Indy, 10 minutes for Matterhorn and only 20 minutes for Space Mountain.

WTF is going on?

That's so weird. I know I read reports of the park being dead over this past weekend. I went yesterday and it was packed. I was still able to do everything with fast pass but still it was not dead.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, they'll definitely need a new shop eventually if they decide to sell new lightsaber pieces. Either that or make them available online.

They wouldn't want to clog up the $200 Savi Workshop with people just wanting to buy a new grip or whatever.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would think they could have a place that has you make your own blasters, but that might not sit well with a lot of parents.

And bring on the double-bladed options!
They used to have a bunch of neat little blaster toys they sold at Star Tours, I remember some silly chrome looking thing I got there. Plus all the toy rifles and flintlock pistols they used to sell in Frontierland and Adventureland. Sadly no more, but they were great at the time

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking something similar the other day. It seems like there's a lot of space around the Rise of the Resistance attraction that looks empty. I was thinking they could put another cantina over there and play up an in-universe competition with custom stuff at each. "The Blue Bantha at Oga's is nothing special. Our Nerf Herder's Delight is much better!"

The thing with blue milk is they should treat like we do on Earth. Sure it can be a drink, but it can be used to make other foods, such as ice cream, a whipped cream topping, chocolate. You know anyway we use milk otherwise. It's a really easy thing to iterate on.

It's a big Galaxy that is expanding at an exponential rate, they can build this land (and others) in incredible ways.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA

pretty sure most of that "empty space" is the queue.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they'll definitely need a new shop eventually if they decide to sell new lightsaber pieces. Either that or make them available online.

They wouldn't want to clog up the $200 Savi Workshop with people just wanting to buy a new grip or whatever.
I agree. My guess is that it would be like the extra kyber crystals. You get only the base offerings at the workshop, and get variant crystals at the antiquities shop. That way you have to spend more money.

So if they introduce new saber pieces, you'll still only find limited options in the workshop. And the extra pieces will be available elsewhere, possibly also the antiquities shop with the crystals. Probably with some story dressing that they're extra scavenged parts and sold in pieces.

They may even rotate down the road, like introducing a new set into the workshop, and moving an existing set into pieces.
Or maybe they'll be diabolical and just rotate sets every couple years, fueling return trips with exclusivity by making certain pieces unavailable for lengths of time. Yeah that's probably the one.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
The lightsaber pieces from Savi's Workshop are interchangeable. So you can mix and match if you buy two or swap with someone.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I agree. My guess is that it would be like the extra kyber crystals. You get only the base offerings at the workshop, and get variant crystals at the antiquities shop. That way you have to spend more money.

So if they introduce new saber pieces, you'll still only find limited options in the workshop. And the extra pieces will be available elsewhere, possibly also the antiquities shop with the crystals. Probably with some story dressing that they're extra scavenged parts and sold in pieces.

They may even rotate down the road, like introducing a new set into the workshop, and moving an existing set into pieces.
Or maybe they'll be diabolical and just rotate sets every couple years, fueling return trips with exclusivity by making certain pieces unavailable for lengths of time. Yeah that's probably the one.
I think Universal swaps out Wands in the Harry Potter part of Universal Studios.

At least when I looked online they seem to have at least 1 limited edition wand available (a 2019 one, which looks pretty good IMO).

Hopefully Disney won't do that with the pieces (unless they offer them online), but I could see them doing Legacy Lightsabers like that.
There's still plenty of those they can put out (like Yoda's or Dooku's), or they could put out fully original ones too.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly sure there was a mention in one of articles of expandable areas, but that might have been speculation. If people are flooding the park for one ride and $200 lightsabers, the potential for more of everything is there.

I think it's going to take Disney a little bit to figure out how to deal with a park this popular, but once they do, the sky is limit for them growing the experience.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
are posts questioning if "buying lightsabers is canon" real?

you know you can buy a Coke at the cantina, right? also there are very earth-like "EXIT" signs on the Falcon!

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
I think Universal swaps out Wands in the Harry Potter part of Universal Studios.

At least when I looked online they seem to have at least 1 limited edition wand available (a 2019 one, which looks pretty good IMO).

Hopefully Disney won't do that with the pieces (unless they offer them online), but I could see them doing Legacy Lightsabers like that.
There's still plenty of those they can put out (like Yoda's or Dooku's), or they could put out fully original ones too.
I dont know much about Harry Potter, but the shop in Florida had so many different wands (one for every character + more, again I dont know about it, but there were a ton and HP was the best part of Universal).

I assume all this stuff will be at Disney World? I need to get a droid. I made one of the little Hasbro toy size ones last time I was there.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I dont know much about Harry Potter, but the shop in Florida had so many different wands (one for every character + more, again I dont know about it, but there were a ton and HP was the best part of Universal).

I assume all this stuff will be at Disney World? I need to get a droid. I made one of the little Hasbro toy size ones last time I was there.
I assume so, I think Galaxy's Edge in Disney World opens in a few more months.

Last edited:

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I am in the minority, but I actually really liked the blue and green milk. I heard quite a few people didn't like them. I was pleasantly surprised.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Savi's has 4 crystals. There are 2 more at Dak Ondar. They do not want you using the extra 2 at Savi's, though.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I am in the minority, but I actually really liked the blue and green milk. I heard quite a few people didn't like them. I was pleasantly surprised.
I think if they lowered the price it would have reset people's expectations. If I am paying $8 for a non-alcoholic drink it had better be fucking delicious. If it were like $4-5 it would just be a fun novelty.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if there are multiple lightsaber blade sizes you can purchase from Dok Andar's?

I watched a video and the guy mentioned there were 3 different sizes you could get, but he only had the largest one (31 or 34 inches) which was $50 and the one that's given at Savi's Workshop.

I wouldn't mind getting a slightly shorter one when I get a legacy lightsaber. Save some money and it'll be a little easier to move around and store.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there are multiple lightsaber blade sizes you can purchase from Dok Andar's?

I watched a video and the guy mentioned there were 3 different sizes you could get, but he only had the largest one (31 or 34 inches) which was $50 and the one that's given at Savi's Workshop.

I wouldn't mind getting a slightly shorter one when I get a legacy lightsaber. Save some money and it'll be a little easier to move around and store.

I haven't heard there were different lengths. That would be interesting but I'm certain Savi's only offers one size. The entire lightsaber from blade tip to hilt bottom is 42 inches.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't heard there were different lengths. That would be interesting but I'm certain Savi's only offers one size. The entire lightsaber from blade tip to hilt bottom is 42 inches.
I just read in the comments of an article that Dok Andar's at least has one smaller size (around 24in or so) but they said it was only $5 cheaper, so it might not be worth it.

It's probably meant to be paired with the smaller of Ashoka's dual lightsabers, or in the future if they make a Yoda legacy lightsaber.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I just read in the comments of an article that Dok Andar's at least has one smaller size (around 24in or so) but they said it was only $5 cheaper, so it might not be worth it.

It's probably meant to be paired with the smaller of Ashoka's dual lightsabers, or in the future if they make a Yoda legacy lightsaber.

I have a Force FX Yoda saber. Will have to measure the blade. The hilt is definitely smaller but the blade seemed pretty normal.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought a Star Wars DL-44 replica toy blaster at Tokyo Disneyland two months ago. They also had Boba Fett's rifle and Stormtrooper rifles. For some reason, the DL-44 is blue and orange, but Fett's blaster and the Stormtrooper one is movie accurate in terms of color.

In addition to the "family friendly" quotient, California has some new laws on "replica" guns. For example, I had multiple orders for a Gears 4 Lancer Replica from NECA canceled because they couldn't ship to California. Apparently a giant gun with a chainsaw on the front is too realistic.

I imagine that Disney has no interest in wading into those waters, so it's easier to just sell laser swords and call it a day.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I went with the 36 inch blade for my Legacy Obi-Wan lightsaber, which was $5 more than the 24 inch blade. Since I'm an Annual Passholder, the price difference was really negligible.

So the Yoda Saber is total like 33 1/3 inch long. The blade ia 26 1/2, but that is to the point it enters the hilt. Can't remove the blade so don't know how long it truly is.

I was looking at reviews and they indicated the blade has a smaller diameter, and I guess that might be why we don't have a legacy blade currently. Might require some redesign.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
An update on more merch at Galaxy's Edge

IMG_0189.jpeg-900x1200.jpg

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Wish there were more legacy lightsaber reviews. I know it's only been a week, but I figured they'd be popular with the nerdy reviewer crowd.
Or maybe I've just become a bit obsessed with them, haha.

I've seen videos on the Temple Guard, Darth Maul, and Luke's RotJ one, sadly none of which I'm super into.
If I was going to Disneyland tomorrow I genuinely wouldn't know which to get (but I guess they could let me look at all of them which would help). Leaning toward Kylo's and Windu's and the moment though.

Don't get me started on Savi's, I flip flop on which style of those I want constantly, and then on which pieces i would want.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was there this past week. They offer two sizes in the store if you buy a legacy. The medium length one is only at Savis when you build one.

Wish there were more legacy lightsaber reviews. I know it's only been a week, but I figured they'd be popular with the nerdy reviewer crowd.

I checked out three of them. All felt solid and sturdy. I didn't buy one though but the blades felt nice and though the grips were lighter than I thought they seemed well built.

Or maybe I've just become a bit obsessed with them, haha.

Legacy hilt is nice and sturdy. I bought Obi-Wan's and it has a nice heft to it due to it being a mix of metal and plastic, grip is good too, when I held it in-store. Since I'm flying back (leaving tomorrow morning) I still have everything in the packaging and will put it together once home.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I was there this past week. They offer two sizes in the store if you buy a legacy. The medium length one is only at Savis when you build one.

I checked out three of them. All felt solid and sturdy. I didn't buy one though but the blades felt nice and though the grips were lighter than I thought they seemed well built.
Legacy hilt is nice and sturdy. I bought Obi-Wan's and it has a nice heft to it due to it being a mix of metal and plastic, grip is good too, when I held it in-store. Since I'm flying back (leaving tomorrow morning) I still have everything in the packaging and will put it together once home.
Thanks for then impressions!

I don't doubt the build quality on them, I mainly just want to get a closer look at some of them. Doubt I'll be going to Disneyland for at least 3-4 months, so I just want to live vicariously through some youtubers, haha.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Found a video in Ashoka's:

They look BIG. I know they're supposed to be thinner, but I guess they had to make it work with the blade tubes.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Watched a review for a Savi lightsaber that mentioned that with certain styles or pieces, they may not line up evenly together.

I assumed you could just adjust the piece's position a little before screwing it to make it line up, but it seems like that might not always be the case. (hopefully they just didn't try that and it is possible).
When they asked about it at Savi's a cast member said that you can add a washer to it to adjust the positioning (seems like a less than ideal solution).

Also in the video, theirs seemingly had a janky motion sensor, it wouldn't react to swinging or hitting things with the blade.
Seems like something they probably should have noticed and gotten replaced while they were at the park.

I think that's the only video I've seen mention that, so hopefully they're in the minority. Plus I'd hope Disney's quality control would improve over time so hopefully it'll be even less of a thing going forward.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I went to galaxy's edge yesterday. It was amazing. I wish I could have stayed all day. The falcon ride was great. I loved hanging out in the cantina. We didn't get to do savis, the cut off reservations at 100 people and it was closed when we got there. They no longer have the black kyber crystals all the crystals were just out of the packaging and the lady was really mean to us when we asked about it.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
We didn't get to do savis, the cut off reservations at 100 people and it was closed when we got there.
They no longer have the black kyber crystals all the crystals were just out of the packaging and the lady was really mean to us when we asked about it.

Sounds like even on Batuu they can have a case of the Mondays.

Seriously though, are they not making the black crystals anymore or did they just exhaust their supply and the "transport from Earth" hadn't made it there yet? I had heard that some cast members weren't playing along or were visibly not into it during previews and it is a shame if it is carrying over to the land being open. Sucks for you and anyone else who interacts with that CM to have their first-time experience in a place they have anticipated for years marred by that interaction.

That is surprising they are cutting people off at Savi's now. This is the first I am hearing of it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like even on Batuu they can have a case of the Mondays.

Seriously though, are they not making the black crystals anymore or did they just exhaust their supply and the "transport from Earth" hadn't made it there yet? I had heard that some cast members weren't playing along or were visibly not into it during previews and it is a shame if it is carrying over to the land being open. Sucks for you and anyone else who interacts with that CM to have their first-time experience in a place they have anticipated for years marred by that interaction.

That is surprising they are cutting people off at Savi's now. This is the first I am hearing of it.
Well the Black crystal is supposed to be like 1/100 red crystals, and there's the cell phone flashlight trick to checking if the black one is in it, so I'm sure they got picked clean from those almost immediately.

They should have just made it available at a "secret" vendor (like have the cantina owner sell it if you ask, but have it off menu), or just had it at Dok-ondar's, like the yellow and white crystals instead of doing the Gotcha rare drop for it.