• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got home about 2 hours ago and finally unboxed my Obi-Wan Legacy hilt. Just need batteries for it now but it's so pretty. I like that it has no rubber pieces at all unlike the old ForceFX sabers of old.

I'm buying that one when I go back later this year (To Galaxy's Edge at least, Disneyland I go to with my fiance every other week). I figure it's not going anywhere and I already had a good haul from other merch that may not be there when we return.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Also in the video, theirs seemingly had a janky motion sensor, it wouldn't react to swinging or hitting things with the blade.
Seems like something they probably should have noticed and gotten replaced while they were at the park.

I think that's the only video I've seen mention that, so hopefully they're in the minority. Plus I'd hope Disney's quality control would improve over time so hopefully it'll be even less of a thing going forward.

I was able to go to Galaxy's Edge on Saturday and noticed a couple people returning their custom droids at the Droid Depot. QC for the initial batch of custom merch was a concern of mine so I opted for the legacy lightsabers (didn't want to go crazy so I'll pick up a droid when I go back in a couple months).

The quality of the legacy lightsabers is really impressive. I picked up Luke's hilt from Jedi and got Ventress's hilt for my little cousin. Really like the fact that the blades flash a bit when they clash.

Overall, I'm incredibly impressed with what they pulled off there.

Oh, and by the way, they're running the randomized version of Star Tours right now as well, meaning you'll visit planets from the OT and PT as well. Guessing that's just for the first few months of Galaxy's Edge being open,

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and by the way, they're running the randomized version of Star Tours right now as well, meaning you'll visit planets from the OT and PT as well. Guessing that's just for the first few months of Galaxy's Edge being open,

I rode it twice and got two older ones. That's the way it should be because I was getting tired of the same Last Jedi one.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Star Tours was the last ride I went to do last time I was at Disneyland.
Got in, it started up, but then it shut down and they evacuated everyone.

I think smoke from the fireworks might have triggered the fire alarm or something.
I was able to go to Galaxy's Edge on Saturday and noticed a couple people returning their custom droids at the Droid Depot. QC for the initial batch of custom merch was a concern of mine so I opted for the legacy lightsabers (didn't want to go crazy so I'll pick up a droid when I go back in a couple months).

The quality of the legacy lightsabers is really impressive. I picked up Luke's hilt from Jedi and got Ventress's hilt for my little cousin. Really like the fact that the blades flash a bit when they clash.

Overall, I'm incredibly impressed with what they pulled off there.

Im definitely leaning towards just getting a Legacy blade or two when I go to Disneyland again (probably either for my fiancé's birthday in early Sept, or mine in mid-Oct) instead of doing a Savi lightsaber.

I think I've narrowed it down to Kylo Ren's, Rey's, and/or Mace Windu's.

Last edited:

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I rode it twice and got two older ones. That's the way it should be because I was getting tired of the same Last Jedi one.

Yeah, same. I'm honestly thinking about getting an annual pass in a couple months because I loved that version of Star Tours so much and definitely want to experience it as much as I can again.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess since I have some time, I'll put down a few more impressions and thoughts for future attendees.

- You want to be the pilot on the falcon ride. No question, everything is fine but you aren't looking at the screen that much because you're focused on the game they make - it scratched an itch I had as a kid when I built a fake spaceship out of old switches in a cardboard box but I don't want to do it again unless I'm in the pilot or gunner seat. (FYI, if you single ride it, you will always be a engineer because they hand out the roles on who is first in the group).

- I wasn't impressed with the droid building. I don't know why, I just bought a premade R2 one. I would have just made an R2 unit anyways and I figured "why wait in line" - that being said, like making your own saber, I do want the experience of doing it at some point, but it wasn't on my agenda.

- As noted, sabers are good. Get yourself one either premade at Dok-Ondar's. Speaking of that shop, you will have to wait in line to enter because it's not big enough to have a lot of people and there's a lot of breakable stuff everywhere. I bought some little knick-knack stuff like a Dark Side chalice and some Jedi and Sith tokens (little wood carved things with characters or symbols and a famous line from the movies on the back).

- Jedi Holocrons are good for die-hard fans only. They felt good and sturdy but honestly, what more is it than listening to voices and sounds? A paperweight.

- First place you should go to is the Cantina if you want to get in. As soon as you arrive you'll be put into a line, then give your name and a cell they can text you at. Only one person in your party has to wait so send the other to get some cokes or milk or something until they can give their name and number. I bought the porg and endor collector mugs inside. They're high quality similar to the tiki stuff you get at Trader Sam's. The drinks were fine but it was a good atmosphere with some fun Star Wars remix tunes.

- The popcorn is awful, don't get it. If you want the droid bucket you can just buy it separately. Go to Docking Bay 7 for better treats.

- The Galaxy Edge reusable bag is, apparently, a hot commodity, so buy one because you can only get them there. Also steal some Cantina coasters because everyone else and they hand them to you. People are also stealing the menus and the sporks. I didn't go that far, that's just being a bit of a jerk.

- There are items in the marketplace you won't find anywhere else (except ebay probably) so do some hunting, the good thing is, outside of limited edition pins, most are in good supply (I wanted the wooden 3P0/R2 figures but those were sold out, everything else had plenty).

- "Rising Moons" means "hello" and "To the Spire" means "goodbye." Everything is in "credits" for money and your traveler "passport" is your season pass if you have one for discounts.

- I adopted a porg. I don't care, that thing is cute as hell and I love teasing my dog with it. I might get a tauntaun next time.

- The resistance area has different merch than the First Order/market area. It's all themed so it's the "good guy" merch stuff if you want a costume or something.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Outside of the Legacy sabers, I think I'd like to get the Rancor Teeth shot glasses.

One of the nice things about kot going for a few months is that I can save uo for merch, haha.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone know how the queuing will work at Disneyland starting on 6/23? I'll be at the park shortly after that date (probably that week) and will be with a bunch of people who don't care much for Star Wars. While they are doing their thing I was hoping to slip away into Galaxy's Edge, and honestly if I couldn't get in I'd probably just skip the park overall. I've looked at a few websites but haven't gotten any good information. I want to be sure I can make it into Galaxy's Edge before dropping $150 on a ticket.

Oct 25, 2017
When does this open? I'm going to Orlando for Halloween this year and hope it'll have died down a bit in comparison to what it'll be like when it launches.

Oct 25, 2017
It does, but when they introduce a new sequence they lock it in so everyone can see it. I hate the practice myself. Star Tours is great because you don't know what you'll get. And the fact that they can update it pretty easily should keep it always exciting. But alas...
Oh, so you mean how lately they've been running their TLJ/Galaxy's Edge version. So they've reverted it back to normal.
That's good.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am 100% ok with a random rare crystal but when you do that you better make sure there's no way to tell from the packaging. Because people WILL figure it out, and they WILL exploit it.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Anyone know how the queuing will work at Disneyland starting on 6/23? I'll be at the park shortly after that date (probably that week) and will be with a bunch of people who don't care much for Star Wars. While they are doing their thing I was hoping to slip away into Galaxy's Edge, and honestly if I couldn't get in I'd probably just skip the park overall. I've looked at a few websites but haven't gotten any good information. I want to be sure I can make it into Galaxy's Edge before dropping $150 on a ticket.

Is gonna be like a regular day at the park. The only good thing is that the rest of the park should be empty since everyone will probably be at galaxy edges

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am 100% ok with a random rare crystal but when you do that you better make sure there's no way to tell from the packaging. Because people WILL figure it out, and they WILL exploit it.
There is a way to exploit it, all i'll say is that it can involve a cell phone.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be on property at Coronado Springs on August 29th too so very eager for info on the plan for WDW or reservations. Remember its a bit more difficult to assume that they will since there are so many more on property hotels there versus out at DL.

It sounds like it was handled spectacularly though compared to any recent opening at WDW.

Hell I've been an AP at WDW since Pandora opened and I STILL have yet to be able to get a fast pass for it or ride it stand-by because I refuse to wait 90+ minutes for it.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
The cm in the den of Antiquities store told my wife that they were not doing the black crystals because mean people ruined the surprise with their phones. I was shocked by how angry the woman seemed about it. I had both milks and I liked them. Both very much. The ribs at the hanger restaurant were really good as well. I rode star tours today and got episode 1 which was a nice surprise. Overall it has been a great trip. It is weird seeing more people wearing star wars stuff in the parks then mickey stuff.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird seeing more people wearing star wars stuff in the parks then mickey stuff.

I see more Marvel and Star Wars than Disney in the parks these days.

I was shocked by how angry the woman seemed about it.

Wonder if you and I had the same person, then, because after I tried out three sabers and decided not to buy it she was annoyed. I want to say it was her being in character...but honestly I couldn't tell.

I'm buying that one when I go back later this year (To Galaxy's Edge at least, Disneyland I go to with my fiance every other week). I figure it's not going anywhere and I already had a good haul from other merch that may not be there when we return.

I bought a Jedi robe and tunic in addition to the lightsaber though I skipped out on the belt they were selling because they only came in 2 sizes and I am literally in between those 2 sizes. I'll buy the belt elsewhere but not in any rush to get it.

The funny thing is that by going with the Legacy lightsaber and not the build your own version, I saved money because I'd have actually just built a hacked together version of Obi-Wan's, since his is my favorite lightsaber design of all.

Wrynnax

Oct 29, 2017

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Nice video showing off Rey/Luke/Anakin's lightsaber:

Definitely one of my faves, going to be really hard to narrow it down to one or two when I go there.
...could always get 3...

Oct 25, 2017
I was so worried I wouldn't be able to try the food and drink options when I go for health reasons but thankfully it might not be an issue anymore.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also in the video, theirs seemingly had a janky motion sensor, it wouldn't react to swinging or hitting things with the blade.
Seems like something they probably should have noticed and gotten replaced while they were at the park.
I've seen many reviews mention that the lightsabers have lag or latency. Which is to say that they don't react immediately to swings......swing the blade, and 1 second later it makes the blade-swinging sound. I'm kinda curious if that's just limitation of the technology. Most unofficial 3rd party lightsabers have very expensive sound modules that can cost hundreds of dollars, so it may just be a matter of Disney doing the best they can while trying to keep the price under $200.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
FINALLY.
I can't believe how long it's been taking for video of all the merch to come out.
Im still waiting for videos on Kylo Ren's and Mace Windu's lightsabers, they're my favorite looking ones overall right now.

Rey/Luke/Anakin's and Vader's I have more nostalgia for its retro aesthetic, but their fairly similar so I doubt I'd get both of them and I tend to prefer Rey's since I like it's full shiny silver look. (and if I wanted to use a lightsaber for Halloween it'd be easier to dress as Luke than Vader).

I'm fairly certain I'll get Kylo's (I just love it's design), it's the other one that's hard to narrow down.
Mace Windu's shiny silver/gold one with cool grips and a purple blade, or Rey's with its classic design and it tickles that Original Trilogy nostalgia.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watched a review for a Savi lightsaber that mentioned that with certain styles or pieces, they may not line up evenly together.

I assumed you could just adjust the piece's position a little before screwing it to make it line up, but it seems like that might not always be the case. (hopefully they just didn't try that and it is possible).
When they asked about it at Savi's a cast member said that you can add a washer to it to adjust the positioning (seems like a less than ideal solution).

What size washer would you even use for a lightsaber? Yeah, my Elemental Nature one doesn't line up try as I might by adjusting before screwing in :-(

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
With the Kyber crystals, can you buy every color at Doc's? Or do you have to make your own lightsaber and choose the majority of crystal colors at Savi's and then have the option of a couple others at Doc's? I have no plan to make my own saber at the moment, but I do want to buy all of the crystal colors for the holocrons. Is that possible to do?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With the Kyber crystals, can you buy every color at Doc's? Or do you have to make your own lightsaber and choose the majority of crystal colors at Savi's and then have the option of a couple others at Doc's? I have no plan to make my own saber at the moment, but I do want to buy all of the crystal colors for the holocrons. Is that possible to do?

You can only get one crystal at Savi's.
You can buy all of the colors at once without buying anything else at Dok Ondar's.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I went with the 36 inch blade for my Legacy Obi-Wan lightsaber, which was $5 more than the 24 inch blade. Since I'm an Annual Passholder, the price difference was really negligible.
On your Obi-Wan legacy lightsaber, can the black circle belt clip be removed?

I don't think it looks bad on Obi Wan's or a few others, but Mace Windu's it really seems to stick out and I'm curious if it's removable if you never plan on using the belt clip attachment.

On your Obi-Wan legacy lightsaber, can the black circle belt clip be removed?

I don't think it looks bad on Obi Wan's or a few others, but Mace Windu's it really seems to stick out and I'm curious if it's removable if you never plan on using the belt clip attachment.

Funny you should mention that, you have to buy the belt clip actually. The Legacy sabers don't come with it. I actually wanted to buy it after I got it but they're currently only sold in Galaxy's Edge so if you didn't get it then, you have to wait until the 24th with the rest of the public.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Funny you should mention that, you have to buy the belt clip actually. The Legacy sabers don't come with it. I actually wanted to buy it after I got it but they're currently only sold in Galaxy's Edge so if you didn't get it then, you have to wait until the 24th with the rest of the public.
I knew the belt clip itself is separate (I think I heard there's slightly cheaper belt clips that are compatible you can get online), Im talking about the attachment point that's located on the lightsaber itself, the little back circle piece that's on the lightsaber itself.

Is that like screwed in and removable, or is it permanently attached?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I knew the belt clip itself is separate, Im talking about the attachment point that's located on the lightsaber itself, the little back circle piece that's on the lightsaber itself.

The end cap comes off because that's where the batteries go in.
The smaller pieces seem to not be movable or removable from what I've seen, but noone has tried to pull small pieces off the end on video.

I knew the belt clip itself is separate (I think I heard there's slightly cheaper belt clips that are compatible you can get online), Im talking about the attachment point that's located on the lightsaber itself, the little back circle piece that's on the lightsaber itself.

They're permanent. I mean, it's on his original lightsaber so it's not like it's a piece that's out of place tbh, but rather just kind of there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Does anyone know if you can mix pieces when making a lightsaber? Like if I want to do a Power saber but i want a justice piece for the top, can i do that?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Do they sell parts at any of the stores? That's kinda lame if they don't but it may make me get a legacy hilt instead.
Not yet anyways, only Savi's Workshop has the pieces.

In time people will probably sell their custom lightsabers or the pieces on eBay or something.
I've looked in there recently and they're going for like double what it is to buy it at the store.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Outside of the Legacy sabers, I think I'd like to get the Rancor Teeth shot glasses.

That's the one thing I didn't buy but wish I did. They're good size glasses too.

Man people were losing their shit in the worst way with that too. "OMG $75 for a DRINK!?!" Ignoring that it's four drinks, four glasses shaped like rancor teeth, and the serving board they come served on. It's expensive still, sure, but not the "lol disney stupid crAzee ExPenSivE" narrative. I hope they still have it in January I'm in for that.