• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, semi off-topic question but relevant to sneakers, what do y'all usually wear for pants when it comes to slightly more techwear stuff? I have a pair of blue/yellow flyknit air max 270s that I love, but it can be weird wearing them with jeans. would y'all usually opt for like, black joggers or the like for something like that? or are darker jeans ok so long as you're not clashing with the shoe?

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, semi off-topic question but relevant to sneakers, what do y'all usually wear for pants when it comes to slightly more techwear stuff? I have a pair of blue/yellow flyknit air max 270s that I love, but it can be weird wearing them with jeans. would y'all usually opt for like, black joggers or the like for something like that? or are darker jeans ok so long as you're not clashing with the shoe?
Joggers when off work, black jeans at work

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Joggers or dark jeans.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
excellent, thanks y'all. i've got some dark jeans I like to wear but I've been thinking about getting some joggers, so I may do just that

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Joggers. Check out brands like Publish, Zanerobe, Carhartt WIP, i love ugly, Nike usually have various different joggers too. Their Lab line does some nice cargos.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Techwear you gotta go cargo, and I'm not even joking.

Uniqlo does a good stretch cargo.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Blame acronym lol.

TB19fqLdnZRMeJjSspkXXXGpXXa__0-item_pic_1024x.jpg

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Finshline's splash page with all them ZX Flux's remind me of the thread on the last forum when ZX flux's were having their first releases and there was so much hype... ah how times change. The all blac zx flux is so common here in the UK but still one of my favourite triple black shoes.
EDIT: actually nah, after relooking up pics of the all black ZX flux,it is not my favourite haha. Good thing I ordered an all black Air Max 1 ID yesterday for the winter months.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Seeing Finshline's splash page with all them ZX Flux's remind me of the thread on the last forum when ZX flux's were having their first releases and there was so much hype... ah how times change. The all blac zx flux is so common here in the UK but still one of my favourite triple black shoes.
EDIT: actually nah, after relooking up pics of the all black ZX flux,it is not my favourite haha. Good thing I ordered an all black Air Max 1 ID yesterday for the winter months.

Now you're speaking my language

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
20th anniv Staple Dunks getting a restock at 12AM EST (1:15 from this post)

edit: The Black Pigeon, not the OG grey

Last edited:
OP
OP
WesleyShark

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Depends on the shoe for me, but typically black joggers, ripped black jeans or ripped regular jeans.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I haven't had any basketball shoes since I was a teenager but I was super impressed by those Lebron "We Are Family" shoes when I first saw them a couple months ago so I made it a point to buy them. I was able to buy a pair (Foot Locker's shipping is slow as hell.. won't come until 11/29 somehow?!) -- anything I should know about them from people with the other Lebron 16s? Are they pretty comfy? The site said they fit true to size so hopefully the 10 I got (my normal shoe) fits okay. I don't think I'll be playing much basketball in them but who knows, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had any basketball shoes since I was a teenager but I was super impressed by those Lebron "We Are Family" shoes when I first saw them a couple months ago so I made it a point to buy them. I was able to buy a pair (Foot Locker's shipping is slow as hell.. won't come until 11/29 somehow?!) -- anything I should know about them from people with the other Lebron 16s? Are they pretty comfy? The site said they fit true to size so hopefully the 10 I got (my normal shoe) fits okay. I don't think I'll be playing much basketball in them but who knows, haha.
I got mine a few days ago, they fit great. I've never worn basketball shoes before but they feel really nice. Look gawgeous too. I wear a size 14 and it is true to size.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go true to size with bball shoes, and most people who wear bbal shoes dont ball

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I got mine a few days ago, they fit great. I've never worn basketball shoes before but they feel really nice. Look gawgeous too. I wear a size 14 and it is true to size.
Good to hear! I am not a big sneaker guy but I bought those cream white Yeezys since they were more readily accessible and I thought they were amazingly comfy at first (felt like walking on a cloud) but they were ultimately too tight as far as the width of the shoe goes so I just returned them and bought some other Boosts instead. Nowhere near as comfy in terms of on the sole (I guess that is the "Ultra Boost" vs the Boost perhaps?) but they look less ridiculous at least and they were not nearly as narrow.

I was very surprised that these were only $185.. seems like they could be charging more for some of these sneakers given how fast they sell.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Most of the Nike lab shit I be seeing in stores is absurd with the pricing. Like $100 for a t shirt with a giant pocket on the front middle of the shirt. I don't even understand the design language. In most cases the regular Nike tech pack shit looks way better.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear! I am not a big sneaker guy but I bought those cream white Yeezys since they were more readily accessible and I thought they were amazingly comfy at first (felt like walking on a cloud) but they were ultimately too tight as far as the width of the shoe goes so I just returned them and bought some other Boosts instead. Nowhere near as comfy in terms of on the sole (I guess that is the "Ultra Boost" vs the Boost perhaps?) but they look less ridiculous at least and they were not nearly as narrow.

I was very surprised that these were only $185.. seems like they could be charging more for some of these sneakers given how fast they sell.
Leborns arent one of those sneakers

Oct 25, 2017

That's still kind of near the upper end of cost. Some highly prized Jordans have an MSRP of 220, but I don't really see Nike/Adidas and all much more than that, if at all. Designer shoes you definitely run up the cost.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Leborns arent one of those sneakers
Yeah, I'm just surprised I guess that sneakers still seem to be around $200ish on the high end.. feels like the price kind of has a ceiling despite so many other things getting more expensive with time. I definitely remember high-end Nikes being well over $100 when I was a teen so I guess they're like video games and the price has just remained pretty static. I suppose since so many people buy a lot of them that they might price out their collector base if the price went up too much.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
3 for 3, red it is then.

First pair of Jordans for me. Not sure if I'll be able to rock the style, but they are damn cool to have

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm bummed. Yesterday during the finish line sale, I got a pair of Air Force 1 Lows (Team Red/Black) for $39.99. Just got an email and they cancelled my order with no reason given (looking on twitter at their help account, lots of people had orders cancelled for no reason). The pair doesn't even exist on their site any more. Sucks because if I hadn't gotten those, I would have used the money on a different pair / at a different retailer. But now the good deals are all dead. Ugh.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
soooo nike gave me a refund for the concords since those actually got jacked. i'm pretty sad :(

i guess i'll try again with everyone else and hopefully get it sent to work

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I've come around on the ACW Vomeros and have been thinking about them all day. Too bad there's probably 0% chance I could actually get a pair.