• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
I hadn't even realised it was Air Max Day until I saw someone mention it on Instagram. Such a non-event this year. Weird.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it is air max day? Guess i celebrated unconsciously, been wearing my triple black 720s for days. Think my vapormax may have just been demoted out of the weekly wear because of these things

Oct 25, 2017
i'd like less air maxes released that look like westbrook secretly designed them

some of those city ones coming out look good though, I like the Seoul and Tokyo ones especially
image1.jpg

image0.jpg

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Greats Royale? Look like pretty great quality for price point compared to common projects
I'm in the market from some Common Project Achilles Low-esque shoes too. Theres a few youtube comaprison videos out there and from what I can tell is Koio and Oliver Cabell seem pretty good as well. Koio seems to take the edge over Oliver Cabell it seems from reviews. If you're based in UK (like me) theres this new brand Artisan Lab thats popped up too with all the same qualities (Italian made, italian premium leather etc).

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I'm in the market from some Common Project Achilles Low-esque shoes too. Theres a few youtube comaprison videos out there and from what I can tell is Koio and Oliver Cabell seem pretty good as well. Koio seems to take the edge over Oliver Cabell it seems from reviews. If you're based in UK (like me) theres this new brand Artisan Lab thats popped up too with all the same qualities (Italian made, italian premium leather etc).

thanks good info...

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Lawd, how many triggers did you pull?

This week? Two. I've got the Infrared 1s inbound and then the Origin Story 1s. It's worth it though. Those were the two pair of 1s I wanted the most.

The hardest trigger to pull will be the off-white air max 90s in either colorway. They're so good but justifying that price is rough and I could get tokyo neon's and I am the Rules (my grail) for what the off-white's would cost.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
This week? Two. I've got the Infrared 1s inbound and then the Origin Story 1s. It's worth it though. Those were the two pair of 1s I wanted the most.

The hardest trigger to pull will be the off-white air max 90s in either colorway. They're so good but justifying that price is rough and I could get tokyo neon's and I am the Rules (my grail) for what the off-white's would cost.
I feel that. Ive been eyeing the All Hallows'. I'm a 6. I just cant pull the trigger at that price. Sheesh!

Last edited:

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Good looks on the Veloce Nappas. Beautiful shoe. Do you have a pair? How is fit/comfort for you?

I've only tried on the Veloce ATL, fit tts as far as I could tell. Pretty lightweight, very soft leather, construction felt like what you would expect from an Italian maker.

Kinda digging their Champion Century shoe, especially the red satin ones 😍 They're just a little heavy on the branding for my taste.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F02%2Fcasbia-champion-century-sneaker-collection-1.jpg

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I have a question for the hardcore collectors. With as many Jordans they drop every week, how can you tell which one's are a must buy? I don't mind spending 500-700 a month but I want to make sure I buy the right ones. I know I already have a few duds in my collection.

Thnx for any info you might share, it is greatly appreciated.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question for the hardcore collectors. With as many Jordans they drop every week, how can you tell which one's are a must buy? I don't mind spending 500-700 a month but I want to make sure I buy the right ones. I know I already have a few duds in my collection.

same with any sneaker, do you like it? do you like it enough to pay full price, or do you like it but not enough to pay full price? If the former, get it, if the latter, chance it going to discount

If you're talking about what are the most hyped sneakers and/or sneakers that resell for the most, then it's generally random I find, bar a few exceptions

Last edited:

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
same with any sneaker, do you like it? do you like it enough to pay full price, or do you like it but not enough to pay full price? If the former, get it, if the latter, chance it going to discount

If you're talking about what are the most hyped sneakers and/or sneakers that resell for the most, then it's generally random I find, bar a few exceptions

If I like a Jordan release I will generally try and score a pair on day one.

Here is an example. On March 6th they are releasing the 20 year anniversary of the Jordan 14's. They are recreating the the shoe to OG specs and colors with the same tags and box as the OG.

I definitely like them but also think they will sell out fast and become collectible.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe I'm taking the wrong angle here as you're doing from a "collecting" standpoint but just collect what you like? Why care what everyone else thinks? I thoight having a unique collection is what's nice? Also do you wear your collection or is this more like a historical art piece collection? If you wear them then Yeh, back to my original point, collect whatever you like. Not

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Maybe I'm taking the wrong angle here as you're doing from a "collecting" standpoint but just collect what you like? Why care what everyone else thinks? I thoight having a unique collection is what's nice? Also do you wear your collection or is this more like a historical art piece collection? If you wear them then Yeh, back to my original point, collect whatever you like. Not

Ok. I think you're definitely right. I'm riding the fence and doing both, in regards to wearing some but others I don't. I should just decide if I want to collect for art or for what I like. Thank you. You gave me something to think about.

Definitely going after those Jordans on Saturday.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017

The shoes I buy are always the right one because they're the shoe I want. Some of those shoes end up being worth way more than I paid for them and sometimes they don't, but I'm picking them up because they're aesthetically pleasing and comfortable to me.

If you are going full collector why not get two pairs when you cop something? Also, what do you mean by dud? Like, you thought you would like them and then you got them and didn't?

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Dud is probably too strong a word. I have 2 pair of non Jordan that I was disappointed with. No worries though, I have them up for sale on StockX. Thank you everyone for providing info.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017

My advice would be buy what you want. Any of the Jordan 1s usually sell well and they're good. The important thing to remember is that everyone has different tastes and it's okay to like something that isn't necessarily popular. If you're looking for can't miss, anything that's a collab or a one to one remake tend to become collector's items. There's always going to be misses though. The last two drops showed up early on Stockx but are still available for buy direct at retail prices in most sizes. I do wonder if the price creep is starting to have a negative impact on day one sales. The tinker IIIs are like, 225 and the high phantom 1s are like 160?

On a side note, I'm not super into any of the Jordan's dropping until the Travis Scott 1s get a second release in May.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I had no idea that shoes were still selling retail but also StockX. I generally rely on the Nike sneaker app and if it says sold out head to StockX. Does footlocker sell day one drops online or just brick and mortar stores?

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that shoes were still selling retail but also StockX. I generally rely on the Nike sneaker app and if it says sold out head to StockX. Does footlocker sell day one drops online or just brick and mortar stores?

They do, ditto for sometimes shoepalace and Eastbay (which is owned by footlocker). Best bet is to supplement and use as many sites as you can to try and get in. They'll drop at the same time. Draws are obviously SNKRS only.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quite like the silhouette but not a big fan of big text on my shoes. However, I do understand that without the text they may be a bit plain. A human nmd with some sort of ultra boost knit pattern would be ideal for me.
Also, an all white/cream primeknit upper.. So help you god.