• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
W on the FOG raids through SNS. Been a long time since I got a w on a raffle.

Cannot wait for them to arrive.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
thank you guys!!! big W for me

nike-air-fear-of-god-moc-pure-platinum-where-to-buy-0_1140x.jpg

Feb 26, 2019
Whhhhyyyy did I even think getting into this would be a good idea? I'm definitely spending an inordinate amount of time staring at sneakers. Do any of you all resell routinely? Seems like a fun if not stressful way to make some beer money. Although I probably wouldn't want to part with ones I ended up snagging

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whhhhyyyy did I even think getting into this would be a good idea? I'm definitely spending an inordinate amount of time staring at sneakers. Do any of you all resell routinely? Seems like a fun if not stressful way to make some beer money. Although I probably wouldn't want to part with ones I ended up snagging
I resell where I can but if want to do it seriously you need to buy and subscribe to a bot. I don't want to put that sort of investment into it nor do I have the time. So whatever side cash I can get, to pay for a holiday or weekend getaway or something is fine with me.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
never. Just set a budget.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I thought about picking up the 700 analogs that released today, which are still sitting. But then I remembered that they're $300, which IMO is a bit too much. Which is also close to resale for most other 700's

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
StockX and streetwear going mainstream in the past 5 years means you're too late to make serious money. Buy what you'll actually wear (consider that some shoes don't look right without the correct outfit), set a budget, and try not to get too caught up in it.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure who is local to Dallas Fort Worth but I just came from the Nike outlet in Allen and saw an inordinate amount of releases there. They had three or four, but usually I don't see any in the other stores. The one that caught my eye was a pair of 10.5 emotionally unavailables, which sadly didnt fit.

Feb 26, 2019
I resell where I can but if want to do it seriously you need to buy and subscribe to a bot. I don't want to put that sort of investment into it nor do I have the time. So whatever side cash I can get, to pay for a holiday or weekend getaway or something is fine with me.
Yeah it seems like a lot of work for the money if it's your full time gig
never. Just set a budget.
Budget? Never heard of it
StockX and streetwear going mainstream in the past 5 years means you're too late to make serious money. Buy what you'll actually wear (consider that some shoes don't look right without the correct outfit), set a budget, and try not to get too caught up in it.
I have a pretty good job, so I'm not really looking to make a living wage, but now that I've basically given myself the bug I'm interested in maybe making enough money to pay for the hobby up to and until I get out of hand. I only wear sneakers like 2 days a week so hopefully a few bucks here and there will tide me over..

edit: also really loving these for some reason

air-jordan-1-mid-mens-shoe-1zMCFJ.jpg

Was originally going to go for the FOG raids this morning but due to watching Endgame last night at 11pm, I slept through the drop. I'm itching to get a new pair of something again...

BTW, I don't know what it is but the Orange Label Dunks are so comfy compared to my Orange Boxes... That said, the Dunks are destined to be beaters, which I'm absolutely comfortable with.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know why I might keep blowing out my Air Force 1s on the side of the foot, just next to the heel.

Got a brand new pair and they're already starting to bulge

Something to do with how I'm standing in them maybe?

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any Air Force 1 fans here? Looking to cop my first pair, a simple mostly white colourway. However, the standard all-white ones have shit quality leather which crease terribly. Anyone know of any other special edition or premium ones that are mostly white which better quality leather? If the tick is a different colour I don't mind too much as might be able to paint it.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Any Air Force 1 fans here? Looking to cop my first pair, a simple mostly white colourway. However, the standard all-white ones have shit quality leather which crease terribly. Anyone know of any other special edition or premium ones that are mostly white which better quality leather? If the tick is a different colour I don't mind too much as might be able to paint it.
20190321231737.jpg

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are fire, but unfortunately not what I'm looking for. Want a simple white one. Think i've found a pair of the Air Force 1 Low Stars White Black colourway in my size. Uses more premium pebbled leather all white with a black tick. My personal style is moving towards less standout pieces. Starting to get into real subtle flexes. Like the Supreme x Nike Air Max 98 Snakeskin colourway:
d31e14a7d8f6bd1627376c383004090e.jpg

From afar they look like a simple grey/creamy beige colourway, then as you get closer you se that snakeskin print.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Please post pics of fits! I've been thinking of copping a pair.

Sorry for the slow response. I'm disabled and it takes me forever to do anything. Last but not least, unfortunately no pics. I don't even have a Imugr account.

I really like the look. It's a very streamlined design. You can easily find a pair of jeans and look nice for a casual night out.

Sizing. I got really lucky. I went up to a size 11 from a 10.5. They are really snug the first time wearing them. You could probably go a whole size up, just depends on your foot width and how you like them to fit.

There is a app that goes with the shoe. The app is the weakest part of the shoe. It took me most of a day to pair the shoes with the app. If you can get the app to work, it greatly improves the user experience. You can save presets of different shoe tightness. You can also change the light color where the buttons are on the side of the shoe. You don't need the app as it will loosen and tighten when you push the buttons on the side of the shoe.

Comfort: Once you figure out how everything works and can get the app to work, you can really dial in how tight you want them. I noticed there wasn't alot bounce in the sole. That's because they've stuffed the battery and electronics in the sole. I can't see anyone playing hoops in these. They are also the loudest shoe I've worn. The best I can explain is to say the fabric and sole make squeak noises when you walk. If you decide to change the tightness of the shoe, people will hear it. It's just a motor sound from the lacing system.

Nike is almost there with this tech. I think in another two years and they'll have it down.

If you have extra cash and want to experience the tech, then I recommend them. If you're looking for serious on court shoes, look elsewhere.

Sorry for the long post.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Got some Adidas i-5923 iniki, because they were cheap on sale and simple looking and I'm sold to them, look great on foot and are incredible comfortable, already on my radar for more colors. Fantastic everyday shoe.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the slow response. I'm disabled and it takes me forever to do anything. Last but not least, unfortunately no pics. I don't even have a Imugr account.

I really like the look. It's a very streamlined design. You can easily find a pair of jeans and look nice for a casual night out.

Sizing. I got really lucky. I went up to a size 11 from a 10.5. They are really snug the first time wearing them. You could probably go a whole size up, just depends on your foot width and how you like them to fit.

There is a app that goes with the shoe. The app is the weakest part of the shoe. It took me most of a day to pair the shoes with the app. If you can get the app to work, it greatly improves the user experience. You can save presets of different shoe tightness. You can also change the light color where the buttons are on the side of the shoe. You don't need the app as it will loosen and tighten when you push the buttons on the side of the shoe.

Comfort: Once you figure out how everything works and can get the app to work, you can really dial in how tight you want them. I noticed there wasn't alot bounce in the sole. That's because they've stuffed the battery and electronics in the sole. I can't see anyone playing hoops in these. They are also the loudest shoe I've worn. The best I can explain is to say the fabric and sole make squeak noises when you walk. If you decide to change the tightness of the shoe, people will hear it. It's just a motor sound from the lacing system.

Nike is almost there with this tech. I think in another two years and they'll have it down.

If you have extra cash and want to experience the tech, then I recommend them. If you're looking for serious on court shoes, look elsewhere.

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks man!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a very slight yellowish stain on the pure white soft mesh on my adidas - does anyone have a good tip for cleaning whites and soft stretchy mesh material? I was thinking toothpaste but I don't want to accidentally bleach the white into a bad shade or worse.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I have a very slight yellowish stain on the pure white soft mesh on my adidas - does anyone have a good tip for cleaning whites and soft stretchy mesh material? I was thinking toothpaste but I don't want to accidentally bleach the white into a bad shade or worse.
do you think the yellow is age or just a straight up stain? i'd look to your local mall for a cleaning spray (something like jason mark but plenty of bootleg sprays get the job done)

Last edited:

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
I'm tempted to grab a pair of Vomero 5s and dye them like the Cold Walls. Missed out on these but don't like the heel counter anyway. A blue version would look nice.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Tried to nab the Next% through the NRC app, had a pair in my cart, all payment info in my phone and it error-ed out during checkout. And now they're asking $800 in my size on StockX. This is probably my most aggravating drop to miss; the shoe isn't really a fashion piece, it's made specifically for running. I've got some 4% and they're only comfortable if I'm moving fast; even walking in them is weird because of the carbon plate pushing my foot forward.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to grab a pair of Vomero 5s and dye them like the Cold Walls. Missed out on these but don't like the heel counter anyway. A blue version would look nice.

Yeh if you buy the all white and dip dye them you should get similar results. Not sure about the midsole and plastic areas though. Probably best to watch a few YouTube videos on sneaker dyeing. There's alsona tktiibe video on how to takr the heel counter off, it's pretty simple and looks fine.

Oct 25, 2017
I got to checkout for the 1s and saw the base shipping was 20 dollars... i noped outta there

I was probably gonna get cartjacked anyway, didnt know the resell was still like 1.3k though lol

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I got to checkout for the 1s and saw the base shipping was 20 dollars... i noped outta there

I was probably gonna get cartjacked anyway, didnt know the resell was still like 1.3k though lol

I was probably not gonna get them but the fact that I missed the drop because we had three tornado warnings/sirens in 2 hours pisses me off.

Got a chance to see the react 55/87s in person. Damn the material of the upper pretty bad? Really flimsy, was not a fan.

Also:
PUMA Reports 'Best Ever' Quarter Sales, Outdoing Nike and adidas
yeah, can't get into them or the vapormax 2019

Personally, I love them as it's really breathable yet still durable. They're not really waterproof but for the past few days it's been in the upper 80s/low 90s F in California, they've been a godsend. Especially with the 87s as the translucent uppers lets you have fun with sock choices. Granted, I have a pair of Zoom Fly SPs that have the same translucent material so I already knew what to expect.

It's not for everyone, I agree, but if you give it a chance they're really nice on feet.